Space Wolf Alternative Colour Scheme!

Vivster

Hey guys,

This is the test model for my new space wolf army. I have gone for the darker grey/black since I hate the baby blue colour that GW portrays them as.

What to you guys think. Sorry about the lighting. Only had one light and it was at night. Soz

http://s18.postimage.org/x0yg3d0ed/IMG_3658.jpg

http://s18.postimage.org/m2n6l6bt1/IMG_3659.jpg

Thanks.thanks.gif

Also, what should I name this chapter - space wolves successor chapter.

A space wolf successor chapter is a bit iffy. It has only been done once in canon and that went wrong.

so what do you propose.

Also, i could just make it like a successor chapter that survived from the wolf brothers and started afresh with no gene-seed mutations.

They painted their armour black/grey to ward off the evils of chaos and rememebr their fallen brethren. 

I really like this scheme, they look much more intimidating and badd-ass than the normal SW smile.png

By the way I never was a fan of that baby blue that GW threw on the big bad wolves...

Me neither. I think they look a lot like pre-heresy Space Wolves.

Good to see that you guys like it! teehee.gif

However, I feel that these guys are a bit darker than the pre-heresy scheme

Furthermore, what should I put on their shoulder pads - imo i think about putting a wolf skull but that will be hard to paint again and again.

So what else?

Thanks again.

Count me in as liking your color scheme also.

As far as the shoulder pads, browse through the many printable decal sheets here on B&C. I'm sure you can find something you will like.

Once you print and set your first "custom" decal, you'll be hooked :)

The lion symbols on the rhino below are all decals

sml_gallery_61766_6614_61088.jpg

Oooh thats an amazing rhino Volfen! I will have a rummage around in the decal section to see what I like.

I painted another marine (beakies) and tried a little bit of osl. Lets just say it not quite that amazing.

I also have a photo of the gang so far and though this is not a WIP thread i am just showing you my mark of the wulfen model aswell.

http://s12.postimage.org/kzzv2ubyx/IMG_3648.jpg

http://s12.postimage.org/3nziheihl/IMG_3671.jpg

http://s12.postimage.org/fedfysba1/IMG_3672.png

Thanks again

You could just say this is, say... a 31K force- By that point the wolves should have been predominantly in the mix of MK VI and MK VII you get in the box, but there probably wasn't much more than a twinge of blue in the paint on their armor at that point.

I have to agree with you Vivster, Wolves definatley look better in a darker shade of grey. Really makes the details on the armour stand out. In terms of a background reason, why they are darker, it could be a colour scheme for fighting on a night world like Mordia; or a special ops unit. In any case I like 'em.

Very much a fan of your colour scheme. I probably would have started a SW army aaaages ago if it wasn't for the stupid blue colour GW insisted on making them. The cover of the current SW codex has a much more sensible colour scheme (and by sensible I mean badass), but yours is even darker than that, which I like a lot, actually. I think an even darker red would go well (but then I love darkness in all its forms >:D)

What paint did you use for the grey? I basecoated my old Sons of Tyr with Charadon Granite (same shade as your grey) and ever since it went out of production I've been left without a baselayer paint...

Thanks for the replies guys. Glad you like them, more guys will be done soon. But since i have school and exams the production line will be a bit slow.

@BrotherCaptainArkhan

I painted them with the new GW colours since i was originally intending to go black but felt it was a dimensionless colour.

I primed in black

Then Painted over the entire model messily with thinned abbaddon black to cover any areas the primer might have missed and to give a matt black colour compared to the shiny black primer.

Then i mixed abbaddon black and mechanicus standard grey 50/50 and layered on the paint leave some black in the recesses.

I then edge highlighted with pure mechanicus standard grey and then gave the entire model a liberal wash of nuln oil which blends the colours and darkens them.

Then i paint the other details in their respective colours. The good thing about this is that the grey appears a dark grey in light but a blackish grey in darker light. I love it!

Archived