Dark Angels, snubbed on fliers?

Xyon

But you could put bikes in a Raven, right? They're just "very bulky". What's that, three transport slots? So a 3-man bike team could come roaring out of a Storm Raven. The "Ravenwing" book has various scenes with bikers in flying transports waiting to hit the ground and take off. I like that imagery.

Sure, sure. A Storm Eagle would do the job better. But... RAVEN! (yes, I'm just being silly)

But you could put bikes in a Raven, right? They're just "very bulky". What's that, three transport slots? So a 3-man bike team could come roaring out of a Storm Raven. The "Ravenwing" book has various scenes with bikers in flying transports waiting to hit the ground and take off. I like that imagery.

Sure, sure. A Storm Eagle would do the job better. But... RAVEN! (yes, I'm just being silly)

No, you can't put bikes in a transport, you can't put anything in a transport except for infantry unless the transport says other things can go in it (like when the Storm Raven gives specific permission for jump infantry)

Then why do bikes have their size listed for transport capacity (Very Bulky or whatever)?

for completeness and/or because there are forgeworld transports they can get in.

The core 40k rules are very clear on the matter, this is from page 78.

"Only Infantry rnodels can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise."

for completeness and/or because there are forgeworld transports they can get in.

Shhhhh... That implies some sort of cross-over or that GW might acknowledge Forgeworld rules/models in game design. That might upset some folks.

"Only Infantry rnodels can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise."

Agreed, at this time, I have not seen a Codex unit that allows for transport of Bikes.

I am mostly happy with the nephilim myself, I have just heard a lot of criticism about it, which i mostly agree with, but it doesnt make it seem like a worthless option to me.  I would love it if I could swap the HB for the AMB, or even swap the missiles out for something else, the lascannon is one of the good things going for it, and its the only weapon you can swap out.   I can even understand the av11,  as marine vehicles generally have less armor than IG vehicles because of the rapid strike nature of marine war vs. the slow plodding nature of IG war.   I just think that in our finely crafted codex of some clear cut and decently pointed units with well defined rolls, the nephilim is one that is in a grey area as to its roll, and is pointed on the high end of what people think it should be.   It's not the best at anti-flyer, but it can get lucky with its 1 reasonable weapon and blow them up or lock their speed,  its not the best anti-tank but does get BS5 against ground tanks and can try to get in the rear or side armor when it deploys, but again only has one great weapon, and maybe fire off a few missiles depending on the target.  I think its the missiles most of all that confuse us.

At least we do still get the Caestus Assault Ram, which I think is 'da bomb diggity' of skimmer/flyer transports, especially now that we can have 10 man terminator squads.

Drop it to 150 pts and give the missiles ordnance and for an av11 3hp flyer with a couple of special rules you'd have yourself something decent. As it stands it just can't compre to a single other flyer out there. Real shame. I'd drop the points slightly on the talon also or give the gun large blast.

I was a little put out when the Storm Budgie did not make it to our codex but I have the model now (did not by at list price) and isn't that what allies are for ;)

I won't be repainting though as I like my black one too much and I agree that it would make (name)sense to get a Storm RAVEN for the Ravenwing.

I'm actually really surprised most people have said they are fine without a flying transport. Personally that was the only thing I really really wanted (other than Generic Characters unlocking Deathwing and Ravenwing). Now that Black Templar and Space Marines get it, I'm kind of really miffed. I know there is a balance thing to think of, but come on. You're giving it to them but not us? Now I can understand why we don't get the Talon, we have the Nephilim and Dark Talon to be our dedicated "gun ships." But we don't have anything that can be properly compared to the Storm Raven. And even though the unit being transported wouldn't be able to assault till turn 3, it's still something to be truly feared. You're hitting it on 6s, it can be a dog fighter with it's free Multi-Melta/Lascannon upgrade (though I'd leave the assault cannon instead of the lascannon tbh) or it could be a gun ship just by adding hurricane bolters. And on top of that, it can carry 12 models. What is there not to like with that?

Now I'm not going to say this turn of events is outrageous and how dare GW overlook the First Legion. Because it isn't true, we got a really great codex and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll just longingly look at what seems to be greener grass of the other space marines tongue.png

Then why do bikes have their size listed for transport capacity (Very Bulky or whatever)?

"Only Infantry rnodels can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise."

Does the Necron flyer specifically allow bikes to be transported?

So over on warseer some dude quoted a new stormtalon price of 110 from the compendium of overprice-ed-ness. Hows that nephilim lookin' now?

Is that base price or with upgrades?

Because if it is base price, my Aerial Assault White Dwarf states base price of a Stormtalon as 130. So it's looking better so far ermm.gif

In regards to already owning a direct only book, It's not difficult guys. I live in Derby. Derby is 30 minutes from warhammer world. We were playing there yesterday (Salamanders and Ultramarines players with a Storm Eagle in case anyone saw) and my friend ordered the book from the shop. Picked it up at 3 from them.

I'm not rumouring the storm talon is a points drop to 110. I'm directly stating it

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?363560-Death-from-the-Skies-II-(Now-with-content!)/page20

There yeah go straight from merry olde englande.

on the SW flyer thingy, is it just me or does no one else see a castellean ram (not sure of FW name) thingy going on, now thats a fluffy wolf.......pun intended :P

as far as OP goes, It would have ben nice to be included with raven etc., but in all honesty, the Neph is great, i love using it and more importantly, looking at it :) brilliant model.

Here we go again. Somebody has to complain about something. No matter what GW does, someone will complain again.

The sad thing really is, a DA player complaining/crying that Ultramarines get something that we don't again. I just hope we don't get the DA players are whiney crying babies again. I am a bit shocked that it's happening so soon though.

Now I can just imagine what is going to happen when the SM codex comes out. It will be 2007 (or was it 2008) all over again.

Finally finished reading most of the threads. Sooooooo disappointed with you guys. Come on, you guys are complaining about stuff you don't get? Why not play Tyranids. No allies. No using Emplaced Guns (or what ever they are called). We got a nice new shiney codex that most of us are happy about. One month later people are complaining that Ultramarines get stuff that we don't again?

You really think we have it that tough? And you wonder why people think of SM players needing the "easy button" to play.

Archived