The beginnings of a Star Phantoms army

Freakiq

Have you checked the marking system for Dark Angels? It sounds like that might be worth checking.

They use the Codex Astartes approved symbols with the exception of the 1st and 2nd companies.

Will just leave the left kneepad white until I gain better insight into this.

I think that you're bang on with your kneepad theory, but I have no fluff to back it up. But if you prefer to wait for more info, then that's a respectable idea too :)

Oh, and I'm loving the second test Marine, though he looks a bit unfinished (?).

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic

I think that you're bang on with your kneepad theory, but I have no fluff to back it up. But if you prefer to wait for more info, then that's a respectable idea too :smile.:

Oh, and I'm loving the second test Marine, though he looks a bit unfinished (?).

That's because he is. :wink:

I'll wait until I've got a few units painted before I make a move on the company insignia.

agreed, the second marine looks stellar! (pun intended) with the company markings, well the vanilla dex uses color so that won't work (muted pallette and all) and the DA dex is viable, but as stated, the Co. marking is all wrong according to IA. but I for one like the DA Co marks. but I intend to use various shades of black and grey, of course.

this army is very much a lesson in simple, muted pallettes.  but we'll get there.

May your misbegotten Chapter choke on our dead world that you murdered, and the Great Tyrant drag your beautifully painted models straight to hell.

Remember the Palace, Remember Badab.

Edited by 1000heathens

Well, first of all let me say that these are fantastic minis - well done Freakiq! I especially like the glow in the eye lenses that underlines furhter the "ghost" feel! :tu:

Now as regards to the markings, you can either ignore the FW pictures and just adopt the "standard" DA markings or devise your own. DA markings are simple in concept, usually comprising of geometrical motifs. Choose the colors you think work best and go for it!

Edited by Captain Semper

May your misbegotten Chapter choke on our dead world that you murdered, and the Great Tyrant drag your beautifully painted models straight to hell.

Ithink we hit a nerve.:woot:

just a question freakiq, how did you do that osl on the faceplate? can't seem to get it.

Not that you are harboring a grudge or anything right?

Thanks everyone for your comments. ^_^

Decided to go with the Dark Angels company markings, specifically the quartered 5th company.

Won't give any more promises for updates lest I break them, but I'll try to get something done today.

just a question freakiq, how did you do that osl on the faceplate? can't seem to get it.

Wild Rider Red mixed with Lahmian Medium 50/50, then add 1/3 water to the mix.

If it goes on too heavy just use a damp brush to quickly remove it, alternatively just paint over with thinned-down White Scar.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some progress on squad 1.

Decided to go for the quartered kneepad signifying them as 5th company.

Also change the recipe a bit by adding a wash made up of Nuln Oil, water, Gloss Varnish and Lahmian Medium

Will try to get these finished this weekend as I'm off to England this monday.

gallery_14033_8204_267797.jpg

Yeah, I know I've been lax with updates recently, and now there won't be any painting done for another week.

Might buy some nice Forge World toys while in Nottingham, unsure what to get though.

In the meantime here's a Chaplain I started on while being bored at the club today:

gallery_14033_8204_68516.jpg

Great work on the rest of the first squad! I hope that you'll rough them up a bit though :tu: Liking the start you've made on the Chaplain too. And I'm quite obviously looking forward to future updates :)