The Fallen [WIP]

V4LLUM

Greetings,

Here I will be posting my Fallen Angels progress. I am a new member, but a long time viewer of these forums. I have been playing 40k since the 4th edition but took a little break after the release of the 5th. My new gaming group is deciding to have a large scale game (near apocalypse) to play the new 6th edition rules. The game will be 2500 - 3000 points with a total of about 12000+ both sides included (still working out how we're going to organize it). I will be creating a new army for this game, and to celebrate the 6th edition and revise my old lists as I have not played in awhile. So without further ado, let the log begin.

Contemptor hellbrute conversion from the new boxed set:

Contemptor Hellbrute Conversion [FRONT]

Contemptor Hellbrute Conversion [BACK]

Still a little more green stuff to do, like smoothing and hiding a few more fleshy bits. I am looking for some feed back as to what else to do with it.

Thanks,

V

Awesome. I've been thinking about starting up some Fallen to go with my Dark Angels. Don't think I will ever play a full Chaos army but it'd be awesome to have some models painted up to use as campaign objectives etc for my DA. Looking forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Report:

I have built around 40 marines, 1 predator, added some finishing touches to the hellbrute, and worked on converting the heldrake into a helblade. I am just waiting on deciding what HQ I will be running to start painting them all.

I would like to include a cypher count as, but am having trouble with appropriate wargear to represent him, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have finalized a paint scheme, although not the traditional black (since I hate all my attempts at painting it). I have opted for a more weathered look inspired by one of the terrain statues I saw on a blog, to show the wear and tear the fallen's armour has gone through being hunted for the past 10,000 years. Perhaps not very fluffy or accurate, but I like it none the less. Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Test mini #3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Greyall, I decided to go with one of the originals after all though, lol.

I have had some technical difficulties and have been unable to upload. Here is some more progress though, as well as my first attempts at NMM, both gold and steel/silver:

Scheme

Fallen Angel

My interpretation of Lord Cypher

Cypher Front

Cypher Back

and, some modeling progress on the Heldrake/blade

Heldrake WIP

Heldrake rear WIP

Archived