BatRep Dark Angels v. Tau w/Dark Angels Allies- 2000pts

NCSUWolf

Greetings brothers, I've always been enthralled by various battle reports as both a means of learning from other fellow commanders and as another way of seeing how various heretical forces hope to stand against the Emperor's finest.

As a little background on myself, Ive been among the Unforgiven since just before 6th Ed dropped last summer. Since then Ive created lists beyond even the Administorim's counting but only played a handful of games by comparison. I count myself lucky in that the store/area I play has some extremely knowledgeable and helpful battle-field veterans to challenge myself with. That said, I account myself as acclimating rapidly (though I still have made mistakes along the way... typically catching them the turn after they happen naturally wallbash.gif )

Here we have my first run at one of my own battle-reports:

2000 Pts, single force org.

Mission: The Scouring

Deployment: Dawn of War

The Armies:

Dark Angels:

(Warlord)

Belial, Sword of Secrets, Storm Bolter (Warlord Trait: The Hunt)

+Tech-Marine, Servo Harness

(Troops)

10m Deathwing Terminators (1xLC, 2xAssaultCannon, 2xChainFist, 2xTH/SS)

10m Tactical Marines (Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon)

(Elites)

5m Deathwing Knights

Dreadnought w/Heavy Flamer, in Drop Pod

(Fast Attack)

3m Ravewing Knights, 1xGrenade Launcher, Melta-Bombs on Sgt

(Heavy Support)

5m Devastator Squad, 2x Missile Launchers(1x w/Flakk Missiles), 2x LasCannons

Land Raider Crusader w/Multi Melta

Land Speeder Vengeance

Dark Angels w/Tau allies:

(Warlord)

Librarian (Prescience) (Warlord Trait: Re-roll Reserves)

Belial, TH/SS

(Troops)

5m Tactical Marine, LasCannon

10m Deathwing Terminators (2xAssault Cannon, 4xTH/SS)

Dreadnought, 2x TL Autocannon

Dreadnought, 2x TL Autocannon

(Allies)

3m Crisis Suite, w/Missile Pods

12m Firewarriors

12m Firewarriors

3x Broadswords, w/Railguns

Aegis Defense Line, Quad-gun

I won the roll for first turn/deployment. My Drop-Pod/Dreadnought, Land Speeder Vengeance, and Belial/Deathwing Terminator Squad were held in reserve as Drop Pod Assaulting/Deepstriking/Deathwing Assaulting respectively, my Ravenwing Knights were Outflanking. The Techmarine attached to the Deathwing Knights aboard the LRC parked behind a building to hide from the inevitable salvo of Broadswords. My Tactical marines and Devastators hid in the same 3 floor building (said building being reinforced by my Techmarine).

My opponent set up with his own Belial/Terminators held in reserve (DWA), his Librarian attached to the 5m Tactical squad on the Quad-Gun, Broadswords in the building on the opposite corner of the board from my fortified building with one squad of Fire Warriors buffering in front of them in said building, his Dreadnoughts on the back board edge behind the Quad-gun and the remaining squad of Fire Warriors. Lastly his Crisis Suite team was behind the 2nd squad of Fire Warriors, also on the board edge. (Battlefield display below).

Deployment/Turn 1

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/NewCanvas_zpse78434d9.png

After deploying, through some xeno trickery and heretical deceit my opponent managed to seize the initiative!

(More to come)....

Archived