Freakiq's Imperial Fists

Freakiq

Grew bored of my Ultramarine army and decided to strip all 4500 points of them.

In my search for a simple scheme to repaint them in I found that Casandora Yellow over white was the quickest way to get a marine finished and looking decent.

gallery_14033_8345_93283.jpg

Attending a paintathon this weekend, will have at least a squad finished by Monday.

@Darkven: What do you mean by foreshortening?

@Grotsmasha: Thanks.

That's quite good. Just gonna leave the eyes yellow?

How are you doing your weathering?

The eyes are actually red with orange highlights.

Might make them less orange in the rest of the army to make them stand out against the yellow.

The battle damage is just Stormvermin Fur mixed with a bit of black applied before the yellow wash.

After the wash I painted minor highlights in white underneath.

Lovely work. Loving the yellow. But does this mean that you're ditching your Star Phantoms too?

Sadly, yes.

They're a lovely chapter but the work to make them look even decent was too much.

Perspective/camera angle. Sorry, not sure how it translates into English properly sad.png

Ah, then I understand, no worries.

Will post more angles when I've got more marines painted.

So let me get this right...you used only a white basecoat and Cassandra yellow with a few white highlights to makes such a beautiful yellow colour scheme? That is genius brother!

I painted some very thinned Badab Black into the recesses to darken them a bit before the yellow wash.

But yeah, it's very quick.

Can't take credit though, an anonymous painter on /tg/ gave me the tip.

Ah, a shame. But yeah, I get the reason behind you letting go the Star Phantoms. Actually, I may follow your technique to paint the Imperial Fist army I've always wanted. Crediting you, of course, for the idea :)

EDIT: Oh, and I do love the fact that you paint the cooling vents on the backpacks in gunmetal silver. Looks great and breaks up the yellow quite effectively :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice effort. You have some very nice skills on show here.

The battle damage is something i have never quite been able to pull off, and as such my marines go into battle with their armor shining as if it the first time it since being unveiled by the tech-priests. Yours however look like they have seen significant action. I commend you!

Keep up the awesome work mate!

Cas

Archived