Pre-heresy Alpha Legion WIP

Contemp 3

Maximus 1

Hey, ive just recently started up on here and have uploaded some pics of models so far. I'm going for pre-heresy alpha legion army and I'm not fully decided on which purple to use as yet, I've got some pics of models done in both colours and would like to know what people think.

Hey, as a new painter I've been finding that some colours are easier to work with than others, purple is a relative medium I've found, it needs a few coats to look full but not as many as white or yellow. Which purple do you think suits the alpha legion better? I'm still undecided but have nearly finished an iron armoured marine in the vallejo purple so will post soon to see what people think.

I've used purple on my Syvanian Empire units. I actually enjoyed the colour. I was using the following method:

Under-coat - Hormagaunt Purple

Base-coat - Liche Purple

Wash - Druchii Purple

Touch-up - Liche Purple

Highlight - Mix of Liche Purple and Skull White

This was done using 'ye olde' paints as I didn't want to spring for new paints on an army which I wasn't sure I'd finish. (I have a terrible habit of losing interest in projects before they are complete.)

I'm not sure this would give you the bold Astarte's look you would want though. A space marine is a far cry from some grubby farmer with a sword pretending he can fight!

I love the idea of pre-heresy Alpha Legion though! Keep on it mate.

Cas

Cool, I like the dark purples from the old range but they are hard to come across now, unless your willing to spend double on eBay that is. This is a very slow project for me as I'm kinda the same with starting and stopping things too but have fallen big time for the alpha legion hehe. I'm wanting to do every chapter in pre heresy colours eventually, just a few choice representative models, I know its going to take an age for me to get round to it but Im finding I can't just stick to one scheme or colour for too long without getting distracted by another hehe. Also reading the Horus Heresy is giving me new loves for chapters that I previously knew nothing about or had only known as a chaos chapter e.g Alpha Legion.

And everyone knows that space marines come from the hardest farmers toting swords :-) hehe, made me chuckle tho. Ill have a few new bits to post soon if your interested so keep an eye out.

Archived