Blood Angels Fast Attack

More useful than a Storm Bolter or HK would, frankly, be using nothing at all. Those are points that could be better spent elsewhere. Those two are just not reliable enough, and don't do enough damage, to justify themselves. Other than that, I am a firm believer in the Baal, so those are a good start.

As far as what next, you might try the same thing as my next purchase will probably be. I hear a lot of good things about these Multi-Melta Attack Bikes, especially with a biker Priest in tow.

MM Attack Bikes are a staple of my BA playstyle. I love them almost as much as the opponents in my local area hate them whistlingW.gif In my most recent game, after receiving Prescience they downed an opponent's GK Stormraven. While that's a particularly outstanding anecdote, in general they always perform excellently for me.

I am also a HUGE fan of Triple Land Speeders, all with dual-Heavy Bolter, although recently I've been using the 5-Speeder Dark Angel Squadron version.

Ill tip my hat to the multimelta attack bikes as well. A squadron of 2 or 3 is just drop dead nasty and effective against all but light infantry. Plus they're dirt cheap and can very easily make back their points by nuking enemy vehicles.

Depends on what you're facing imo. If you're facing something vehicular-heavy i'd go with land speeders with mm. I'm usually playing against my girlfriend and her Chaos Daemons and a baal can mow down pretty much everything she throws at me.

If you put anything else on a Baal it should be a dozer blade.

Just about everything in our FA slot is good. The weakest unit in my opinion are vanguard vets. Everything they do someone else can do better and for less.

I'd like to recommend people scout bikers, very underrated IMHO, but after the Tau codex dropped I just don't know... sad.png

EDIT: Totally forgot about normal bike squads! These are definitely worse than VV, specially after Heldrakes entered the meta.

Definitely agree 3 MM attack bikes are nasty. If they're really important to your list, add a priest on a bike and they'll get FNP on anything less than S10. That's pretty good.

3 Land speeders are great too. 2 HBs/MMs/HFs each? That's awesome. If you want them to have Typhoon MLs, take Dark Angel versions instead since they're cheaper.

At the very least they're a threat that your opponent has to deal with immediately, taking pressure off your other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I like land speeders for mech lists. If you have a lot of vehicles, the speeders won't be primary targets for your opponents heavy weapons. Otherwise, go with Attack Bikes! I max out 9 for my list and add a Sang Priest on bike to give them FnP.

Most times I use Baal Predator w/ HBs and 2 x Landspeeders w 2 x HBs and a Landspeeder Typhoon. Most of the time the Baal is targeted first. If the Landspeeders go about unchecked and unchallenged they can easily wreak havoc on enemy units by dwindling numbers as even terminators can fail saves. The typhoon is a toss up sometimes, but the 2 x MLs come in handy.

Considering the math the 2 x HBs Landspeeders fire 12 HB shots and if the Typhoon joins it is 15 shots, or if they add to the Baal its 18 HB shots or all together its a combined 21 HB shots.

A Landspeeder w/ 2 MM is also very deadly. It is 80 points being 10 points less than a Typhoon, but 2 MM shots is better than failing one shot.

I don't have ABs at the moment so I can't help you there.

Vanguard Vets seem to get a lot of hate, but being able to assault the turn they deepstrike can be amazing, especially if you run a pod army with some locator beacons.  That said, their best use really is in specialized lists that focus on deepstriking in some way, because they shine in a support role to other deepstriking units.

Otherwise Baals in mech lists or attack bikes in infantry heavy lists are pretty much required.

The main issue I have with VV in smaller game is the fact they may not arrive when needed or too late.

A 3+ with a reroll is still pretty good odds of them making it to the table T2. Is that...1/9 games that they will fail to show up T2?

And they compete for FOC slots with legitimate good units. VVs may be cool, but they are not good.

I feel the same way about Land Speeders, in fact. I think they are the COOLEST Marine unit out there, but they are soooo fragile. Even in a mech list, they will drop too quickly because bolters can bring them down without any hassle. When our speeders come down to DA prices I may reconsider, but 90 pts for a Typhoon is laughable compared to Whirlwinds, Baals, attack bikes, or just more troops.

And they compete for FOC slots with legitimate good units. VVs may be cool, but they are not good.

I feel the same way about Land Speeders, in fact. I think they are the COOLEST Marine unit out there, but they are soooo fragile. Even in a mech list, they will drop too quickly because bolters can bring them down without any hassle. When our speeders come down to DA prices I may reconsider, but 90 pts for a Typhoon is laughable compared to Whirlwinds, Baals, attack bikes, or just more troops.

We only pay extra for typhoons and assault cannons, I even think we pay less for dual multimelta... Either way speeders should keep their distance so the dual HB is a solid choice that doesn't break the bank. 

If you want typhoons you could just ally in some DA. An extra lib, cheap scoring and the FA or HA pick is a very nice compliment to BA. 

Archived