Blood Angels Fast Attack

Flinging out 18 S5 AP4 shots from 36" away is really pretty darn useful in this iteration of the game.

Agreed. Also, I have never regretted the 300pts for 30 shots via the DA 5-speeder version either. 300pts sounds expensive but 48" threat range combo'ed wth being able to hide from LOS then pop-out to shoot means they nearly always achieve first-strike before they start taking damage. Prescience makes that squadron a serious source of damage, and survivability is not as poor as you might expect if you handle them with finesse.

Flinging out 18 S5 AP4 shots from 36" away is really pretty darn useful in this iteration of the game.

Right, rarely do I field the 18 shot spread, but normally I field the 12 shot spread in all my lists. Most opponents focus on my LRs and or my FDs and ignore the LSa while they are chopping away at other units.

Agreed. Also, I have never regretted the 300pts for 30 shots via the DA 5-speeder version either. 300pts sounds expensive but 48" threat range combo'ed wth being able to hide from LOS then pop-out to shoot means they nearly always achieve first-strike before they start taking damage. Prescience makes that squadron a serious source of damage, and survivability is not as poor as you might expect if you handle them with finesse.

The only thing that holds me back is a 300+ pt vehicle squadron with AV10. They start to take up a lot of space and make for a tempting target....  I'm also thinking that keeping everything out of enemy range while still in formation and the target in range of all your own guns could be tricky? 

Unless you really want to max out the FA slots in your main detachment I think it's better to take the dual HB from our dex and ally in a few more (perhaps with typhoons) in the DA slot.

I think it's better to take the dual HB from our dex and ally in a few more (perhaps with typhoons) in the DA slot.

I really really like the idea of DA Typhoons on paper. I don't own any sadly, although I may proxy some then if I like the performance as much as I think I will, I'll kitbash several.

That unit is just asking for a strike from an Ordnance Barrage weapon. Even a Whirlwind could seriously hurt it..

I'm really considering buying one of those things these days.  6th Edition made them really much more useful than people believe IMO.

That unit is just asking for a strike from an Ordnance Barrage weapon. Even a Whirlwind could seriously hurt it..

You know Vehicle Squadrons have 4" coherency right? A Large Blast will only hit 1... 2 if lucky scatter. If you are clumped-up to hide from LOS then I see your point, so you have to gauge what is more dangerous: the opponent's direct-fire or their barrage. Obviously there's lots of variables to consider of course, both one way and the other-- boils down to the Art and not the Science of 40k. 300pts is certainly a lot of cheddar on one unit, but if you need to make room you can obviously go smaller. I just like mine at the full-monty because 30 Shots stacks with Prescience OH so wonderfully. And you can always Reserve them, they Prescience them when they arrive-- mitigating aforementioned barrage or heavy weapons.

• 1 month later...

I like Speeders with a MM and ML combo. 100pts. for 3 S8 attacks at 24" and a stand back range of 48". Though a Baal coming out of nowhere can ruin some squads day. As will a thoughtfully equiped VV squad.

I like Speeders with a MM and ML combo. 100pts. for 3 S8 attacks at 24" and a stand back range of 48". Though a Baal coming out of nowhere can ruin some squads day. As will a thoughtfully equiped VV squad.

Could the VVs possibly be a good counter to the Riptide Interceptor? I've yet to play one/see one do it - its a regular Small Blast, right? I'm wondering if you couldn't make it too risky to drop those shots when you come in with DoA. Of course, that doesn't address the super-overwatch that will inevitably follow...

Archived