++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

Just a small update.

So today's pretty busy for me and I likely won't get a chance to work on my painting, but tomorrow and Monday I've set aside for almost exclusively painting. I've been playing around with ideas and ways to give a more interesting look to my daemons. The first of two ideas I have is a more insubstantial visage, like they are beings of blood given shape and form. Need to give the test model another coat or two of Blood for the Blood God before he's done, but I like how its coming. The second is to give them more of a charcoal skin tone to them, like creatures made of ash and smoke with eyes like burning coals.

Which do you guys think would look better?

Yup. You owe me around $300

Correction, I gifted you with around $300 worth of inspiration and hours of wondrous entertainment!

Also, since you bought a PS3, you should also pick up Demon's Souls, which is essentially the spiritual prequel to Dark Souls. Amazing game and it just fills me with so much inspiration and ideas. They all do.

I'm a little confused as to how you're too scared to play at night, but I won't judge. :biggrin.:

Back to the topic at hand, I had remembered there was an image from a while back that I really liked, and what sort of gave me the inspiration to the charcoal black scheme

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130326041516/warhammer40k/images/thumb/3/35/Bloodthirster_charging.jpg/250px-Bloodthirster_charging.jpg

I was trying to look around and see if I could find a good image of a 'blood' daemon, but nothing really seemed to show up, but what say you, gents? Should all the Khorne daemons be painted with the Charcoal? or should I maybe mix it up and have the new bloodletters be made of blood with the older ones and the Bloodthirster be made of the charcoal? Would that look too out of place?

Edited by noctus cornix

It is a bottomless pit that we are guided towards, a glutenous maw of fire and darkness...

Admittedly, a glutenous maw sounds worse than a gluttonous one.

That aside, I look forward to seeing this colour scheme.

Alright, so a quick update for you guys who were so kind as to offer your advice on the color scheme. I decided that I would actually go for different colors for the two breeds of daemons. For the newer daemons, I'm going to go for this ethereal mass of walking blood, while the older daemons will look more like a dark blackish charcoal, like the blood has clotted and scabbed. I wanted to have a bit of fluff to my daemons so I did some thinking about them. Looking at the model now, I realize that aside from the banner, the Hellblade is the only thing that seems tangible. And, with such emphasis and value placed upon these things in the fluff, I thought 'Why not make that the daemon?' So, to play on the whole living weapon concept, I'm essentially going with the idea that the Hellblade itself is what holds the daemon's essence, forged in the raging furnaces deep beneath the plain of skulls made only from the most bloodthirsty of warp essence made reality. From these blades, the blood of the crimson seas are drawn forth, twisted and manipulated into a shape to Khorne's liking, baring horns and fangs from the bestial skeletons that litter the Blood God's realm.

So he's all done aside from the base. I just noticed as I was taking pictures that he has moldlines on the legs... but I've already painted him and to be honest I just can't be assed... :pinch:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222103_zps074aa500.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222117_zpsb2d18676.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222128_zps0c25d15e.jpg

Enjoy. Edited by noctus cornix