++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

Gorge'. Can't wait to see him painted!

I'm going to do a little experimentation with one of the technical paints tomorrow first. I have an idea for my Plague Marines that I would love to see to fruition. Let's hope it works...

So a bit of backstory to making this model. I told you all before that I was supposed to be getting Lorgar, yes? Well, the friend of mine who was ordering it for me had ordered it alongside some stuff for his Death Korps and Inquisition. However, due to stocking issues, the package had not  been sent out for nearing two months... So, when the order FINALLY came in a couple days ago, I rushed to my friend's house to pick it up. And what do I find waiting for me when I get there?.... Calas Typhon.... They had sent me the wrong model..

So, I'm going to have to wait another week or two until my Primarch finally comes in, but on the bright side, I atleast got a free Terminator... So, I've been fumbling around with ideas lately, and I felt the strong urge that among Allant's personal Terminator retinue, he needed a Bodyguard, a personal shadow to lead the retinue and remain ever-vigilant at his Lord's side.... So I give you Velstadt, the Throne Defender.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140322_234806_zps5da3dae1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140322_234920_zps8985447a.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140322_234908_zps43bd1da5.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140322_234849_zps404a3bb0.jpg

Enjoy.

Well, you know what they say: "When life gives you lemons, build another Termie Lord!" ;)

Seriously, though: That's a really great conversion! I've been building a similar "bodyguard" character myself, recently, so I was really interested to see how you approached the task. The use of that helmet is truly inspired, and the Typhus body just works so well for a character like that. Great job!

The only thing that needs more work, in my opinion, is the shield on his left arm: The placement seems a little iffy, considering he seems to be wielding a wrist mounted weapon: The two elements seem to clash slightly, as is. So I'd either get rid of the wrist weapon, choose a different shield or integrate the two components a bit better.

Damn...

I'll take that as a good thing, ya? :D

Wow.

Does he still have a chunk of some poor unfortunate stuck on his mace?:blink.:

Either way, that's one savage-looking terminator.:biggrin.:

Actually, it was supposed to be a cloud of incense or some daemonic mist.... But now that you mention it, making it some pasty blood would be pretty cool too. :whistling:

Well, you know what they say: "When life gives you lemons, build another Termie Lord!" :wink:

Seriously, though: That's a really great conversion! I've been building a similar "bodyguard" character myself, recently, so I was really interested to see how you approached the task. The use of that helmet is truly inspired, and the Typhus body just works so well for a character like that. Great job!

The only thing that needs more work, in my opinion, is the shield on his left arm: The placement seems a little iffy, considering he seems to be wielding a wrist mounted weapon: The two elements seem to clash slightly, as is. So I'd either get rid of the wrist weapon, choose a different shield or integrate the two components a bit better.

I'll keep that in note about the shield. Now that I go and look back at it, it does look rather wonky. I'll see what I can do about fixing that, thanks for the advice.

I hope the world he was recruited from was Drangleic.

Anyway, he looks ace.

Hahaha nah, he's a Terran, actually. Close enough when you think about it. :teehee:

dude he is badass! i love the mace! i can imagine him smashing some Loyalist's head apart

Smashy smashy!

Wow, that's a nasty fellow.

Thanks!

Wonder where you got the inspiration to do this guy from? Where's the Throne Watcher? Haha.

Don't think I'll be doing a Throne Watcher, but you know how terrible I am at coming up with names... and I like to give credit to my sources of inspiration.... So it works out I guess. :sweat:

I think it'd be cool to do an artorias inspired marine.

On it. I actually had a somewhat rough concept idea for a Captain that I was thinking of doing. It's actually the same idea that I had for a Chaos Lord for fantasy long before I ever played Dark Souls... However, they will work together rather well, I think.

Alright brothers and sisters, time for some paint. But this time, its not one of mine. So the other day, I decided I would work on the commissions I had sitting on my desk. I mostly finished assembling and getting the rough base coat on the Commissar Leman Russ, finished the agonizingly long process of removing all the slabs of resin from the ancient baneblade I still need to put together, and the Wraith Knight I need to assemble is laying in a bag waiting for me to go buy some glue. But what I'm going to show you today is a finished product of my work, a completed model for my good friend's army, both assembled, converted, and painted by me.

I already painted most of his army a while back. He has a Mono Nurgle army he calls 'The Malady' an offshoot warband that originated from the Death Guard that splintered off long ago during the Scouring Era. The Malady follow their Daemon Prince master, Pernicious with an almost fanatical devotion, and will gladly lay their lives down for their Master and the love of Grand Father Nurgle.

I always really like painting for my friend in particular, for many reasons. He has a very distinct choice of colour scheme for his army that is vibrant and very different from what one might normally see in a Nurgle army, and in a way it works very well. Most importantly though, and much to my pride and embarrassment in equal measure, he says he has complete faith in me and gives me autonomy to make and paint his models how I choose. That being said, and because of how much faith he puts into me, I find it only fit that I try to make him proud and give him the best quality work I can.

So, I give you Pernicious, Sorcerer of the Malady. The Bear Trap and the Vulture were specifically asked to be used and were the only specific requests. I came up with the rest.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140326_144414_zpsa728bef2.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140326_144422_zpsdb965c98.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140326_144441_zps4b9a9d11.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140326_144524_zps5f2200fc.jpg

Enjoy.

Brother I love the vulture, which kit was that from?

The third eye is pretty sweet and I love the bleeding eye sockets.

Colour me impressed

Both the vulture and the bear trap came from the Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk/Stornhorn kit. Friend bought it for me to kitbash together with his forgefiend kit. He let me keep the extra bits.

Nah, he's just a sorcerer for my friend's army. Our warbands have nothing to do with one another as of yet. In my group, we prefer to keep our fluff interactions strictly based on games we've played, and since I've never played a game with or against him with my Word Bearers, we've never had any interaction. Though with a possible upcoming campaign, we just might. :P