Destroyer Legions

DarKnight

I could see the dark angels running these guys,come on its a unit of cypher wannabes and they have no problems slinging rad rounds in modern 40k so I am almost certain they would use them in 30k.

cypher = plasma right? Using plasma doesn't taint the area in which it's used, at least on a long term basis. care to elaborate brother?

Ravenwing black knights are the only rad slinging first founding chapter ravenwing black knights use these rounds in their grenade launchers

But we all know they're dishonourable traitor scum, so that makes sense tongue.png

That comment works for both sides of the conflict! :D

I'd doubt that the Space Wolves, the 'hypocracy legion', would not use those. They used psykers despite Nikea, so why would they not use rad weapons on foreign battlefields? It's not like it's Fenris they are fighting on, why should they care? On Shrike they destroyed important knowledge of immeasurable value (though the Thousand Sons managed to save one library I guess), I assume that was their regular MO, and if they can destroy knowledge and lore without even looking through it first, why not the planet as a whole?

Having a bad day, little brother? This is below your normal standard of argumentation, so I hope all is well smile.png

*embarrassed*

A severe lack of sleep and the death of a relative, does that count? sad.png

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I think even the most die-hard wolf fanboy would have to admit those constitute grounds for dismissing any sense of embarrassment.

I agree with you that the Wolves would be prime candidates for using Destroyers. They boast that they are the Emperor's executioners precisely because there is nothing they wouldn't be prepared to do, no act too barbaric. They are also noted for their thoroughness. They dismember and mutilate the corpses of enemies to drive out their bad spirits and make sure they do not return. For a location such as Tizca that was to be purged and left so that nobody could ever return I think Destroyers would fit right in.

"...Space Marine Destroyers are often shunned and deemed somehow tainted by their battle-brothers in many Legions and considered at best a necessary evil although the effectiveness of their relic-weapons cannot be denied." - HH Betrayal

As the Age of Darkness section doesn't exclude any particular Legion, and the rules are available for all Crusade Army Lists, it's safe to say everybody uses them. Maybe not to the same degree, but that's what necessary evils are for, Every military organization has some unit that not everybody is crazy about. Or proud of. However, results are results.

I know for sure that betrayer mentions the use of destroyer cadres for a t least two legions: world eaters and sons of Horus.

The world eaters maintained a large cadre of destroyers as they favored them for xenos extermination (I would imagine DG felt the same way)

When Abaddon landed on Isstvan he went about purging every nook and cranny and sent the destroyers to drop phosphex in the sewers where the loyalists were hiding.

I haven't read all three pages, but I think my opinion is similar to others. I think most, if not all, Legions would maintain at least some of these weapons 'just in case'. Not all may maintain constant units of them, due to distaste or concern for the men at arms, but they'd most likely consider access to them a necessary evil.

This isn't the dark ages of the 41st Millennium where blind dogma guides Chapters. This is the enlightened 32nd Millennium, where anything can happen and these bright new Legions should be prepared to deliver the light of Unity to all. To not be able to do so because they thought the weapons they needed on some specific occasion would be unthinkable.

Regarding those Legions least likely to field them regularly; it comes down to two things: distaste about inflicting this particular torture on the enemy, or concern for the men using them. So in my opinion: Salamanders, Blood Angels, Emperors Children, Ultramarines would certainly have their doubts about maintaining permanent units.

Sorry lol I get the two intertwined sometimes. Not a good habit but it happens

it's okay, the two titles aren't exactly dissimilar although it can get messy when looking for quotes :D

Archived