Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I played my first game in a couple of years, and got my head kicked in.  Footslogging Templars on a city-scape board crammed with terrain, against mech Guard hunkered down in ruins.  Actually, I did reasonably well, disregarding some very hot dice on my opponent's part and some cursed cubes of impudent numbers on my end :P

Also today in the hobby, I realized just how badly I gotta paint up some Pods and vehicles if I want a competitive list.  :blink.:

Today in the hobby I played my first game in a couple of years, and got my head kicked in.  Footslogging Templars on a city-scape board crammed with terrain, against mech Guard hunkered down in ruins.  Actually, I did reasonably well, disregarding some very hot dice on my opponent's part and some cursed cubes of impudent numbers on my end :tongue.:

Also today in the hobby, I realized just how badly I gotta paint up some Pods and vehicles if I want a competitive list.  :blink.:

Maelstrom of War scenario? If not give them ago, it discourages camping in a corner of the board and encourages a Crusading play style!

Today in the hobby I played my first game in a couple of years, and got my head kicked in. Footslogging Templars on a city-scape board crammed with terrain, against mech Guard hunkered down in ruins. Actually, I did reasonably well, disregarding some very hot dice on my opponent's part and some cursed cubes of impudent numbers on my end :tongue.:

Also today in the hobby, I realized just how badly I gotta paint up some Pods and vehicles if I want a competitive list. :blink.:

Maelstrom of War scenario? If not give them ago, it discourages camping in a corner of the board and encourages a Crusading play style!

Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

Played again today.  2v2, allied to another Templar whom brought 3 LRCs, along with my one.  What a co-eenki-dink, he only had 5 man squads in them, while I had 3 12 man squads that needed a ride.  

From there, luck was less kind.  That mission with a circle in the center that you gotta guard, with my team in the center.  Oh, and we lost 1st turn.  Against GK and Guard shooting, at point blank range.  3 out of the 4 LRCs died before we had our first turn :sad.:

Yeaaaah.  0-2 so far, after getting back to the table after several years :tongue.:

But!  I got to see Helbrecht's KILL! button and our new Chapter Tactics perform just as I always hoped.  In one turn of assault, Helbrecht and his squad and one more got Rage from Righteous Zeal, with one more squad also assaulting, all with Helbrecht's Hated buff.  Two dead Guard transports, 1 dead Knight, and another Knight brought down to 1 wound.  Rolling 34 dice with re-rolls feels sooooo good.  

So I'll take that as a moral victory :biggrin.:

Edited by Firepower

Yesterday in the hobby I primed and painted my Drop Pod, and finished the last work on my UM infantry. Now I just have to finish the Dreadnought base and the Rhinos.

Today I'll start the finish run on those remaining bits.

Then I'll have a 1500 pts army ready to play.

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

TITH, I'm prepping models for a scenario day Saturday:

magnetizing Razorback turrets...

making sure I have all my models together or on the assembly table...

reading over the scenario and trying to convince myself not to alter my list because every time I do it goes poorly...

and becoming certain that this scenario day will be the last time my monopose 2nd ed Bolter Marines wear the green, black, and brass of the Salamanders - I've got almost enough FW Salamanders now that the plastic ones are gonna change chapter in the near future.

A few days ago, I discovered Tangled's song I've Got A Dream and couldn't help picturing Night Lords singing all the thugs' lyrics, provided you tweak the names.

Some days later, I found I wish I could have been a star to fit Angron or Perturabo with a few choice changes.

And today, Let It Flow sounded made for Lorgar with some playing with the lyrics.

TITHI* went into a small hobby shop lined with all sorts of kits that didn'tappear to sell GW product. Then piled up in alittle cubby in a pass through between aisles I found some. I ended up finding Codex Catachan and Codex Armageddon in very good conditions for a combined total less than $15. Plus they had a voidraven bomber labelled for about 60% of its normal cost. Great haul.

*Last night actually

Edited by Teetengee

TITH, went 0-2 in my games - one a close fought fun match, and the other...well, he selected his list after he saw what I was running. (Note to self: take a 'bar stool' along next time so you can sit down and see the board simultaneously - 6 hours of my feet holding up my 300lb+ frame is not conducive to the happiness of said feet.)