Imperial Fists Deathwatch apothecary (and other artwork)

Badaboom

For some reason it strikes me as a Romeo and Juliet death scene. "We go together, my tiny blue love."

My brain is weird. Cool art though. smile.png

Coming from the Primus Paddleum, I find this very worrying...

*starts building a pyre*

For some reason it strikes me as a Romeo and Juliet death scene. "We go together, my tiny blue love."

My brain is weird. Cool art though. smile.png

Coming from the Primus Paddleum, I find this very worrying...

*starts building a pyre*

Totally keeping that title. :D

• 6 months later...

"He was known for many epithets.

First Captain.
Black Knight.
Templar.
And now, Emperor's Champion.
The new armor and weapons he received with the title felt already like extensions of his body, but the name, the burden that came with it...The weight of those words and the duty expected of him felt heavy on his chest. A mind trained to push the limits of discipline, to know no fear nor doubt, was now facing a challenge like no other. But then again, that was a battle like no other.

How many friends turned foes would he have to face? What could a sword, even one as formidable as his, do to tip the scales in such a conflict? Would he fail? Would he disappoint his father one last time?

He stared at the reflection of his eyes on the blade, unnerved by the glimpse of doubt he saw in there for the first time in centuries of war. He breathed deeply, and then he found it, a sparkle of fire dimmed behind all the crippling self-doubt. He breathed again, the bellows within him turning that sparkle into a fiery determination, burning away all questions, all shadows of human fear, until all that was left was the sword. Only the sword.

Sigismund of the Imperial Fists strode towards the opening gates; the Emperor's Champion took the field of battle.

http://img11.deviantart.net/a3dd/i/2016/122/4/c/sigismund__emperor_s_champion__wip__by_diegogisbertllorens-da124wb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi people! The Behaviour Interactive team was nice enough to allow me to publish some works before the release of some contents in game, so here you have, for some power-armored fun:

http://orig11.deviantart.net/0987/f/2016/166/8/8/eternal_crusade_chaos_sm_by_diegogisbertllorens-da6bgjp.jpg

Yay, more Badaboom artwork! woot.gif

The Iron Warrior leg jumps out at me as super skinny, but I wager it's just meant to be bionic? Aside from that, yaaaaay! biggrin.png I really dig the subtler attention to details, like putting a Storm Bolter on the metal box.

That traitor legionary artwork is arguably far superior to some of the art GW has been using in some of the recent books. Excellent stuff! Needs more World Eaters, though ;)

Agreed. Easily. Have a gander at the AoS Khorne Bloodbound book then artwork of this quality. The contrast is even more stark.

Well done!

Beautiful. DARK AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!

You rang?

tumblr_nehlv2ALah1tmdmywo1_400.gif

Hmm, which Legionnaire corresponds to which Avenger...? The Alpha Legionnaire is Black Widow (sneaky sneaky stabby stabby), the Black Legionnaire is Cap'n 'Murica (uniting the others, whether they like it or not), the Night Lord is Iron Man (sarcastic jerkass with love of death from above), the Iron Warrior is Hawkeye (precision marksmen who is 110% done with everyone else's :cuss) and the Word Bearer is Thor (old timey religion ahoy!).

Beautiful. DARK AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!

Hmm, which Legionnaire corresponds to which Avenger...? The Alpha Legionnaire is Black Widow (sneaky sneaky stabby stabby), the Black Legionnaire is Cap'n 'Murica (uniting the others, whether they like it or not), the Night Lord is Iron Man (sarcastic jerkass with love of death from above), the Iron Warrior is Hawkeye (precision marksmen who is 110% done with everyone else's censored.gif) and the Word Bearer is Thor (old timey religion ahoy!).

That...actually lines up rather nicely. Wow.

The Iron Warrior leg jumps out at me as super skinny, but I wager it's just meant to be bionic?  

Yep. Looks bionic to me in the full blown version of the image. :)

The Iron Warrior leg jumps out at me as super skinny, but I wager it's just meant to be bionic?

Yep. Looks bionic to me in the full blown version of the image. smile.png

Ah, hadn't thought to blow up the image. sweat.gif Yup, definitely bionic.

Hmm, which Legionnaire corresponds to which Avenger...? The Alpha Legionnaire is Black Widow (sneaky sneaky stabby stabby), the Black Legionnaire is Cap'n 'Murica (uniting the others, whether they like it or not), the Night Lord is Iron Man (sarcastic jerkass with love of death from above), the Iron Warrior is Hawkeye (precision marksmen who is 110% done with everyone else's censored.gif) and the Word Bearer is Thor (old timey religion ahoy!).

There's no cussin pup of Horus in that image. That is a Thousand Sons sorcerer.

There's no cussin pup of Horus in that image. That is a Thousand Sons sorcerer.

I'mmmm pretty sure that's the Eye of Horus on his forehead and the Eye-&-Octed-Star emblem of the returned XVI on his chest.

I'm pretty sure even loyalists wore the Eye, some until the bitter end (Sanguinius). The octed is no better mark of the Black Legion. It's a sorcered at the very least, the colours match the One Thousand Sons, definitely not the Black Legion.

Badaboom can, and probably will, put the question to rest, but for what it's worth it looks like Black Legion to me rather than a Thousand Son (though the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive), not the least of which because of black, rather than blue, armor. The four cult-legions don't seem to be included.

Edit: And if your Sanguinius reference is what I think it is, those are black drops on red fields, fitting Blood Angel iconography.

Archived