Hey guys, Just joined up and wanted to show the fruit of weeks of my hard work. I bought Dark Vengeance a while ago to start my 40k career. I just recently finished painting them (and a bit of converting as well), and felt like showing off (though they arent exactly pro-painted quality.) Let me know what you guys think! As a beginner I need all the advice I can get...

here we go (Chaos first):

Chaos Lord

Chosen

Helbrute

Melee Cultist Champion

Melee Cultists

Shooty Cultists

Shooty Cultist Champion

Now the Dark Angels(I took a few liberties with the Ravenwing & Deathwing for aesthetic value):

Company Master

Librarian

Veteran Sergeant

Tactical Marines

Ravenwing Squad

Deathwing Terminators

I had a blast painting these, and now I am offically hooked and ready to paint some more. Let me know what you guys think/what I can improve upon!

Very well painted in my opinion, what did you use for the green armour for the tactical Marines? At the moment my marines come out very dark and i'd like to get them a bit brighter.

I just used caliban green, no shade or anything. They turned out pretty dark, though (the lighting is pretty strong in these pics). I don't know much about mixing (all I mixed in this was to make the purple) but a tiny bit of white in there might help.

Pretty hard to make out any details in these pics. It looks like you've done your blocking well enough, but that's just about all I can make out in most of the pictures. sweat.gif

Maybe you should take a gander at the Photography section in the Tutorials subforum and see if you can't learn some tricks?

Archived