ETL II - launching May 15th

Well, with the 'Toughest Girls in the Galaxy' Kickstarter by Raging Heroes being launched soon and with GW's very probable price hike in June, I may in fact support the Imperial Guard sub-forum. We shall see how things go from here...

While I would dearly love to dedicate some of the defenders of Kierdale's Shrine World to the ETL-II, my young son has got both my and my wife in a zombie-like state from lack of sleep. Definitely no time to pick up a brush.

I will however be watching and cheering on my fellow cannon fodder members of the Emperor's hammer.

well looks like my painting contest will be on hold until further notice. bad timing on my part teehee.gif however, it'll be good to see what will happen with a new sub-forum in the mix. c'mon peeps, lets start mustering our unpainted minis!!!! for the dark gods/the emperor!

Well, I represented the Blood Angels in the Librarium Challenge so I'm going to support the IG forum for this one.

@Kierdale: I hear you, brother. I have four kids aged 6, 5, 3, and 2. That's the reason it's taken me 3 years to paint maybe 1000 worth of models!

unless someone is able to paint up an full tank company or a complete regiment, IG are just too few in points to make large vows that are realistic. even for me with my Drop Troop army, the valks are quite low points cost. I wish the best of luck with this to everyone.

i agree with you there nicodemus. if we get 100% completion, going by last years rules, we could get a decent placing. it'll be interesting to see what captain semper is introducing to this year's rules. 3 days to go!!!

I knew I've been putting off my Armored Company for a reason. . .

I could probably do a 1500 list, which is basically nine vehicles and twenty troops.

unless someone is able to paint up an full tank company or a complete regiment, IG are just too few in points to make large vows that are realistic. even for me with my Drop Troop army, the valks are quite low points cost. I wish the best of luck with this to everyone.

True, when you consider that, for example, a Blood Angels player could paint a single special character HQ like Commander Dante for more points-credit than an entire 35-man IG platoon, we haven't a chance. Especially considering that it appears some forum members have shenanigans like painting three of the same special character planned (saw this in the Dark Angels forum).

But like true Guardsmen we're not going to shy away from impossible odds, nor go down without a fight!

Besides, I think scoring the highest percentage of completed vows would still be pretty darn cool and show what the Imperial Guard are made of. And I'm not interested in painting models I won't use just to pump up scores (I don't think anyone seriously needs 3x Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus). I am just trying to figure out what I am going to vow. I really like that ETL doesn't require a single vow, so I can take it one vow at a time and see how I do. I am thinking to start I'll vow a Penal Legion Squad and/or a Pasquisher. I also have a pair of regimental advisers that need painting (an easy 60 points). I'm still tinkering with what list I'd bring to the tournament -- although that depends on what I get painted. I have in mind a list of questionable effectiveness made purely of the models I have painted that would require me to only do a couple chimerae and the advisors. Or, if I get on a roll with painting I'll be doing 10 storm troopers, an ADL, some commissars, plus the stuff mentioned above.

I like the cut of your jib Nicodemus! The Guard relish being the underdog, it makes victory all the sweeter smile.png

I'm going to be dedicating myself to the Guard for my first B&C painting challenge so I'll be rummaging through my boxes tonight to find something to do. I'm not sure how much free time I'll get so I'll probably have to take several smaller vows rather than a big one but like my regiment I'm relentless in pursuit of victory so whatever I vow I'll be sure to complete no matter the cost tongue.png

I'm thinking of painting some tanks, they're worth more points and I am an unrepentant tread head so that would work out well. I do have the odd character loafing around too somewhere. I'll make a WIP topic in this noble forum once I have some progress worth showing. For the Emperor!

Well so far, I've built two Chimeras and two Manticores ( though they'll need more conversion work before I can start laying down a base coat ) I've laid out the bits and pieces for the rest of my vow. I'm hoping to have the rest of them built by the end of next week.

Then if things go forward as scheduled I'll be able to start work on some Deathstrikes.

I don't have enough IG models left to make even a small splash in the ocean (1 x 10 man squad to paint) but I wish all taking part on the IG forum the best of luck in their work.

Unfortunately I do have loads of DA to paint so I am off over there now whistlingW.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I am just getting back to the B&C, sorry about being late. I might be able to add a little to the vows. But I have to read the rules first to be sure. I have a load of troops, vehicles and officers that are now half way done or just base coated. If I am able I will help get the numbers in. 

Another recruit! Huzzah! Will you be making a WIP topic? Don't forget to add the "Oath of moment" image to your sig to proudly display your devotion. To float it to the right as it is in mine put it at the start of your sig with this code:

[imageright][img=http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg][/imageright]

You can float it left with imageleft if that's more up your street.

Work is wiping me out at the moment so progress on my vow is slow sad.png

Archived