HH World Eaters Army undertaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Iht eees the bhaneblaaaaade!!!!

haha good times in dawn of war

good idea jaspcat with doing an imperial detachment with the WEs

Ive wanted to do either the death korp with mine, or figure out a way to do the Numen gun clans in Betrayal (for some reason i get the picture in my head that these numen guys have gun belts all over and wear KKK hoods over their heads...wierd huh)

If only you could shoot ursus claws out of the baneblade....

The best of Dawn of War I ever saw was when some Cultists went up against a Bloodthirster. The Bloodthirster did his bit where he hits one into a home run and it was a moment of perfect timing as the Cultist screamed "MY SPLEEEEEEN!" as he sailed into the distance. Ah, good times.

Hmm, so what kind of Imperial Guardsmen are you going to do? Something like a 30K version of the Blood Pact? Or something a little less organized?

The best of Dawn of War I ever saw was when some Cultists went up against a Bloodthirster. The Bloodthirster did his bit where he hits one into a home run and it was a moment of perfect timing as the Cultist screamed "MY SPLEEEEEEN!" as he sailed into the distance. Ah, good times.

Hmm, so what kind of Imperial Guardsmen are you going to do? Something like a 30K version of the Blood Pact? Or something a little less organized?

Haha i remember alot of those clearly now as I had dark crusade. Another good quote from Davian Awesome was a twisted teddy roosevelt quote, "Walk softly, and carry a big gun"

The blood pact were actually awesome due to the writings of God himself (or was it Dan Abnett? i tend to take both as holy scripture XD )

I am curious as well jaspcat as to how you will do your 30k IG

I'm thinking rather then waiting for official army elements combining caravans with chaos marauder troops from fantasy for faces. I'm thinking bezerker infantry with shields and knives las pistols and las carbines...

Any input from you guys. Ill order two kits and try some wip conversion pieces

I've read your posts in here about not wanting the white to look clean, which to each their own, but that is a pretty poor excuse for rushing and not layering or at least trying to get a nice even coat on before covering it with mud.

Power armor, tactical dreadnought armor, or artificer armor all starts out pristine and clean at some point. It would make more sense and look better if you did your weathering after you got it to that pristine condition. Go and look at the other posts on here in threads that have realistic and well-done battle damage and they do it the exact same way.

From what I have seen you paint resin models exclusively, so unless you have a connection at FW you are dishing out serious coin for all of these models. Each one of those models should be your child that you take your time on.

Dude seriously piss off, I'm all up for criticism and comments but I think for a novice painter I'm not bad. All I've seen in threads are you criticising people. Don't get me wrong here but this is what I enjoy doing.

Who cares what I use my money on or how I paint over time ill get better but as I've said I don't want crisp models I don't care to change my style on these models as I want them all uniform.

Maybe you will enjoy my next army I don't know but to just come out and criticise on what has already been picked on is infuriating to me.

I try not to criticise but point out where people do well.

If you don't like my style that's fine but don't try ruin my hobby.

And as for other people threads congratulations for them.

If I want to rush because I have few scant moments free because I work in civil construction whilst studying to be an engineer at Uni and spend time with my family I will.

And I do layer my models I'm still starting out I thin my paints I even have my own set up for it so don't bring my models down.

I'll leave, no problem with that. I wouldn't tell someone to piss off to leave your thread in the future. The mods aren't too wild about that sort of thing.

Cheers, mate.

It's the way you do it mate. Don't get me wrong here it pissed me off. There's a way to be constructive with criticism and the wip threads that I've seen you comment in have no tact it's the old saying if you have nothing good to say say nothing at all.

We're all here for the hobby and share our works as a collaboration, it doesn't matter if its a crappy looking Orc or a realistic marine everyone is proud of the works doing the best they can.

Alpha PTP, you didn't come across as helpful. You came across as condescending. The mods aren't entirely too fond of that either.

And yes saying "To each his own" and then telling someone their own way is wrong is condescending. Greyall didn't get to where he is drawing like how Vincent van Gogh paints. No, he found his own style and cultivated it. The same thing with Badaboom, DarkVen, 1000Heathens, Noctus Cornix and Tanith Ghost. Do they take helpful advice? Yes.

But they don't just copy other people's methods like you are telling Jaspcat to do. It would be a different story if you went "Hey, if you want here are some tips to help smooth out your layering."

Instead you went "Hey, to each his own. But you suck and you obviously don't know what you're doing and you need to do it exactly like these other people."

Meanwhile the fact that those other people had to work up to that level got lost flying over the cucoo nest.

Are Jaspcat's painting skills the best? No. But I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone I'd call "the best". And you know what? Jaspcat's minis are a much better sight than mine.

So maybe, just maybe, if you are going to offer advice, 1.) be polite about it and 2.) don't tell someone they should just copy another person's style.

Thank you kol that's exactly what I'm getting at.

And I bet your models aren't as bad as my first attempt.

I know I'm not the best and I never will be but you will definitely be able to tell my style and if I painted it :D the childlike skill will give it away.

I like the style. As you've sad it's not the best, but it works and illustrates battle-worn armour pretty well.

Don't give too much thought to the nay-sayers; I'd be tempted to believe most simply envy the fact you're collecting FW models instead of standard GW ones ;) And painted models are always better than bare plastic/resin!

Heck yeah that's how I feel.

I put as much time and effort in as I can and I'm sure if I gave up my job and studies I could produce better models. But I try my hardest to keep it fluffy and realistic.

Thank you guys for the helpfull criticisms

All I have to say is wow that is a better white then what I was able to achieve at my first go at it laugh.png , I like the grittier look to them since of course they are in battle. But if I may add something to the comments above is that nobody starts perfect especially with the colour white where everybody has their own methods and perfects them in their own way, now saying that my minis are beautiful or great especially since I'm still learning on how to use the colour white and balance my battle damage to a degree so like Kol said everything is perfected slowly through time by taking constructive criticism and learning on your own on how you like your army.

And can't wait to see that Baneblade painted might get my own soon too wink.png

well after all that nastiness I thought id update.

sorry for the crummy lighting ill get better shots once its morning

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_06981_zps7c1f1076.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_07031_zpsb109ed75.jpg

im going to paint this up still as an army unit just wanted etched brass to show allegiance to the xiith

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_07021_zps441e5fca.jpg

devestators still wip

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_07001_zps6ad54b9c.jpg

more boarding marines wip

let me know what you think.

(without being a dick)

I like your stuff dude. As other people said (tactfully or not) I'd go with thinning your paints out a little more and adding an extra layer or two of white. I hate painting white, I find it an absolute ballache so the fact you've went for a pretty much all white army is instant Kudos with me.

Also, getting grimey, dirty armies to look good and not over done (to my taste anyway) is a pretty subtle thing to do. I really like your first marine with the weathered brass (verdigris I believe?)

Definitely take your time on the baneblade if your gonna paint it World Eater colours. Theirs nothing worse than a tank with really thick paint on it with brushstrokes showing, I hate my tanks that look like that. The spraygun or an airbrush would definitely be your friend in this regard.

Other than that keep up the good work man.

Also, any chance of seeing your Angron? I've not had the stones to get one yet as I don't think I'd do the angry guy justice, to me your faces look pretty good so I'm eager to see how you done with him.

If you get the brass on all of them looking aged and uniform through the army you'll be on to a winner.

How do you find working with the resin models by the way? I got a Thunderhawk from them (though the mould is notoriously bad now) and it's put me off getting more models. What's the quality like on the infantry ?

Honestly not bad to work occasional moulding but all in all I'm happy to work it.

I've only had one issue and that's the arm swaps as there a little smaller than standard GW stuff.

I'm considering investing in a thunderhawk but the talk of worn out moulds makes me stress about it :/

I fricking love your models and painting style!

I hope I can achieve the same off-white on my world eaters when I gather enough courage to order from them.

Breachers actually don't have the option to take chainswords, but if any Legion should have close combat breachers, it's the World Eaters. mkIII just look brutal with melee weapons, I'm looking forward to their assault squad from Forge World.

I'd have preferred the baneblade to be painted in World Eaters color, but I can't blame you for not wanting to white up that huge tank.

I second... third... fourth.... thing thinning your paint. I'm looking at the tartaros terminators right now and the thick white really spoils the quality. Not every white is like that though, as far as my knowledge can tell. Some look good and less thick. All the other colors look fine.

You paint accurately and it shows.

Hey matey - good to see an update; I'm still yet to finish my cataphractii and now I've gone and bought some tataros termies!!

Love the painting on your devastators - are all your sergeants getting the red stripe down the helmet? - that's a nice touch, I might steal it! ;)

Archived