Just for you to know.

I bought the e-version of the novel Fifteen Hours and OMG, the best 40K novel I've read in years!  It's a shame it is no longer in print.  It doesn't matter you don't play IG, just read it.  I gaurantee you won't be disappointed.

I hate to admit this, but will, I found an online pirated copy of it and read it on a whim. Never had any interest in Warhammer 40k before that. After reading 15 hours, 2.5 years later I am still only reading Warhammer 40k. Of course, now I buy only legitimate ones that provide income to the authors.

Is the omnibus it came in no longer available? That was very nearly my first 40k book, along with the Ultramarines omnibus (very first was Legends of the Space Marines, which left me confused but wanting more).

I just finished reading it.  Wow, it's the first story in years in which a felt emotionally connected with the characters.  For Guad players it is a must read.  I don't know why BL has it out of print!

This author does a great job portraying how the imperial war machine works.  Most important for me is that the ending is not excactly the happy ending nonsense sometimes you find in other novels.

Definitely the best BL book I've read in some time.  Hope they reprint it soon!

Fifteen Hours isn't just a good Warhammer 40,000 novel, it's a good novel period. The characters get fleshed out, the dialouge sings, and the setting just crushes you. Not to mention that it features Orks less as comedy material and more like inhuman monsters (a depiction I have always liked).

It was such a great novel its just a shame they never did another novel, sure they did a couple of short stories a prequel and sequel one but I really wanted to find out more about the guardsmen, I think most guard novels are better than other Black Library ones as most of the characters have more personality and depth since they are usually ordinary human than trying to make them super humans which can lead to making the characters not believable.

It was such a great novel its just a shame they never did another novel, sure they did a couple of short stories a prequel and sequel one but I really wanted to find out more about the guardsmen, I think most guard novels are better than other Black Library ones as most of the characters have more personality and depth since they are usually ordinary human than trying to make them super humans which can lead to making the characters not believable.

What is the name of the prequel and the sequel?  Do you know if BL still sells them?

I the Prequel is called Red Reward and deals with Chelkar who is being investigated by the commissars giving them his side of a story about an Lieutenant, its  in the Bringers of Death Anthology http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Bringers-of-Death.html which is sadly out of print The sequel is Knee Deep in which the ones from fifteenth hours go Ork hunting in the sewers its in the Imperial Guard omnibus volume 1 which is again no longer in stock. Both are really good and make the characters in fifteen hours look even better its just a shame they never made another novel as the sequel makes you wonder more about them. Rebel winter is the same good book that was never given another novel especially with what was happening at the end

Adding my weight to this. 15 hours is one of the better Guard and Black Library novels. Read it and the prequel in the IG Omnibus (something else I'd recommend folk to look out for online someone is selling).

Archived