The oncoming storm is my new army project of a world eater army using the space wolves codex.

I was i originally inspired by Lord Zhufor who i purchased of forgeworld a month ago.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_INFANTRY_AND_ACCESSORIES/KHORNE_WORLD_EATERS_TERMINATOR_LORD_ZHUFOR.html

I also had a box of 20 odd chaos termies which weren't doing anything.

First off heres zhufor who i have converted to Lord Rha'zakk Warpcaller my counts as n'jal. Njal has a runic staff and a cyber raven so i've given Rha'zakk a big spear and a mini pet dragon.

Before anyone starts, yes i know khorne don't do psykers but in theory space wolves think they dont either. they seem to think they are just harnessing the power of fenris or some such shenanigans. In the same way Lord Rha'zakk doesnt use sorcery he just controls warp storms and unleashes daemons.

anyway, here he is in all his glory

gallery_59654_8544_64339.jpg

And from the back with his flayed skin cape

gallery_59654_8544_108651.jpg

and lastly his banner, also made of skin, which shows him holding his spear to the sky, harnessing the power of the warp storm.

gallery_59654_8544_94414.jpg

I definitely want to hear peoples thoughts on the army as a whole and i'll be posting as i progress, the whole army will have quite a lot of conversion so should be plenty of cool stuff to show off.

So i wanted to make this army a bit different so i decided to do plenty of conversions and things. also as im using the 'wrong' codex i have to do some counts as. for example i could have used marine scouts but instead i have converted warriors of chaos (pics later) For now i have my thunderwolf cavalry to show you which of course are juggernauts. i used the skullcrushers kit.

Lord on wolfernaut

gallery_59654_8544_117359.jpg

gallery_59654_8544_88993.jpg

gallery_59654_8544_59905.jpg

regular old wolfernaut

gallery_59654_8544_74810.jpg

gallery_59654_8544_42812.jpg

Thanks do Doug Widdes for doing a great job painting these up for me, its inspired me to paint the rest of the army

I would have used marauders as scouts but those chaos warriors look awesome too =)

Love the count as thunderwolves!

I originally was going for marauders but I like the cloaks like camo cloaks. Shame wolves can't take them but ah well

Well I've just finished breaking off arms and sticking on the right configuration. I'm counting axes as power fists across the whole army cos I think it looks cooler so I have a lot of axe and shield termies that look awesome . Ill post some pics later today

Archived