ISTVAAN V (Come All Who Dare)

Whilst painting up my world eaters, I found that an awesome Aussie band called northlane had a track called world eater. It got me thinking if anyone else has come across any songs for the legions that suit them.

I found that painting the sons of angron with it blaring through my speakers pumps me up more than a crack addict in a meth lab.

When I paint my Iron Warriors I've actually made a dedicated Playlist in iTunes.

Here's a few of the songs I listen to while painting:

Under Black Flags We March - Arch Enemy

We Will Rise - Arch Enemy

Mechanic God Creation - Arch enemy (mainly for painting my Chaos Warhound Titan)

Never Surrender - Combichrist

Slave Labor - Fear Factory

Fallen Hero - Funker Vogt
Vorwärts! - Funker Vogt

- Luther

Edit: @ Jaspcat: Have you ever heard the song World Eater by Bolt Thrower? the entire album Realm of Chaos is based aorund 40K Chaos

@Luther: yeah brother I just listened to it and I'm definitely adding that to the list, I've also found a song called red angel by another Aussie hardcore band called into the ocean so I'm definitely using that for inspiration. And once I order my Titan I'm going to get all omnissah tech nerd on that :cuss.

@danny cyanide: if you wish to commit my brother just get me a link to the wip :)

Sorry I've been quiet, but the past few days have been hectic for me and I've only just gotten back online. I have a 3000 point list ready for the challenge and its also going to be used for a weekend event next year at Warhammer World.

HQ

Legion Preator with jump pack and lightning claws

Legion Champion

Elites

9 Veteran Marines. 3 with power weapons, one carrying a heavy bolter, Rhino Transport

5 Terminators. 1 Reaper Autocannon, 1 Chainfist and 1 Thunder Hammer, Land Raider Transport

Contemptor Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Dreadnought close combat weapon

Troops

2 x Ten man legion assault squads. 1 Squad carries combat shields, 1 Squad carries close combat weapons and pistols

10 Man Legion Tactical Squad in a Rhino

10 Man Legion Support Squad with Volkite Calivers

Fast Attack

6 Man Jetbike Sky Hunter Squad

Legion Storm Eagle

Now of course once Massacre is released then this could change. I might add more. Thankfully though the weekend tournament next year allows you to use different army lists which is fun.

Also Jaspcat; in terms of music to listen to regarding painting Raven Guard there aren't much about striking from the shadows. The only song I can think of is Strike of a Ninja by Dragonforce. Though in general I just listen to whatever is on my laptop at the time. Usually it comes down to Iron Maiden and Within Temptation.

Sorry I've been quiet, but the past few days have been hectic for me and I've only just gotten back online. I have a 3000 point list ready for the challenge and its also going to be used for a weekend event next year at Warhammer World.

HQ

Legion Preator with jump pack and lightning claws

Legion Champion

Elites

9 Veteran Marines. 3 with power weapons, one carrying a heavy bolter, Rhino Transport

5 Terminators. 1 Reaper Autocannon, 1 Chainfist and 1 Thunder Hammer, Land Raider Transport

Contemptor Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Dreadnought close combat weapon

Troops

2 x Ten man legion assault squads. 1 Squad carries combat shields, 1 Squad carries close combat weapons and pistols

10 Man Legion Tactical Squad in a Rhino

10 Man Legion Support Squad with Volkite Calivers

Fast Attack

6 Man Jetbike Sky Hunter Squad

Legion Storm Eagle

Now of course once Massacre is released then this could change. I might add more. Thankfully though the weekend tournament next year allows you to use different army lists which is fun.

Also Jaspcat; in terms of music to listen to regarding painting Raven Guard there aren't much about striking from the shadows. The only song I can think of is Strike of a Ninja by Dragonforce. Though in general I just listen to whatever is on my laptop at the time. Usually it comes down to Iron Maiden and Within Temptation.

He'll yeah brother that is a list :)

& ill find me some raven guard music someone out there has to have the brains to compose something

I guess it's time to let you guys in on what kind of force I'll be doing for my  Iron Warriors for this, so here's the list:

Warsmith Ke'diiter (Praetor), Cataphractii (Artificer) TDA

Legion Command Squad - 4 Chosen Terminators, Cataphractii TDA

First-Captain Linath, Master of Ordnance, Mk III 'Iron' Artificer Armour

Captain Thanatheus, Commander 1st Company, Cataphractii TDA

2x 10 Terminators, Cataphractii TDA

Captain Senrek, Commander 2nd Company, Mk III 'Iron' Armour

Apothecary Aeacus, Mk II 'Crusade' Armour

1x8 Veteran Tactical Marines, Mk III 'Iron' Armour

3x20 Tactical Marines, Mk II 'Crusade' Armour

1x10 Tactical Support Marines, Mk II 'Crusade' Armour

2x10 Heavy Support Marines, Mk II 'Crusade' Armour

6 Deimos Pattern Vindicators (Kitbash of the Deimos Pattern Rhinos and regular GW vindicator kits)

all of this runs up to 126 Marines and 6 Vehicles, later I'll add the rest of the 1st Company(3x20 Breacher Siege Marines and 2x10 Recon Marines) along with a 3rd Company(basically the same as 2nd Company) and alot of ordnance and maybe a titan or two.

- Luther

Jaspcat: Thanks, I've been looking to do a force that looks cool on the battlefield, goes well with the canon and matches the style of the Raven Guard. Having a completely mobile force, well almost completely mobile force does look awesome on the field, and with the Dreadnought it can be a good fire base. I might swap the close combat weapon for a second Assault Cannon, or just drop it in favour for something different. I'm going to keep searching the Internet for any trace of music that fit the Raven Guard. I'm thinking Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Hammerfall and Iron Maiden because they have a quick tempo and the music is energetic. It does resemble the Raven Guard.

Luther: Holy hell you've got a long list. I'm interested to see the Titan in the mix. I'm tempted to add a Thunderhawk if they ever release them in plastic.

@Luther - good to see more ambition, just had my praetors arrive and already nearly completed, rampagers are 70% complete and my 20man boarding squad in MKIII armour are just waiting on their bases and some of the chaos bezerker chainswords to arrive. Next on the list to start is my 50man tactical squad and my contingent of rhinos.

@Edge - no problem mate it's good to see others sticking to the fluff to, I reckon decking out assault cannons are the way to go, I'm going to do some chainfist conversions for my old contemptor Jarrah the thrice impaled

Jaspcat - I'm not sure about chainfists, it depends on how many tanks you're going to start getting into fights with. Admittedly with my army selection I would suffer against tanks, I have very few anti-tank weapons. Mostly melta bombs with the Jetbikes, and a Chainfist with the Terminator squad.

@Edge - there world eaters I'm pretty sure if I equip chainfists ill find a tank or two to charge, I'm more for a bezerker charge than being tactically flexible, ill still maintain those options I just want to have as many chainaxes chainswords and flamers available for close combat. But I'm going to have three contemptors one will be a sit back and rake them with shells

Would you be willing to accept more than one participant per legion? I've finally got some time this semester and I'm looking to bring my XII Legion assault company back out of the shadows.

Yeah brother I didn't want to limit it so go ahead, I'd like as many different people as possible :)

@Edge - I was considering some bezerker guard regiments and spikey mechanicus machines

Just a quick Update,

Praetors are in their final stages.

Squad of Rampagers 80% complete

10x MKIII Boarding Marines Waiting On Custom Chainswords.

Tartaros are completed with their heraldry.

Dreadnought Basecoated

Archived