ISTVAAN V (Come All Who Dare)

Actually in Vulkan Lives

there is a Morlock who does not have Terminator armor. In fact, his role in the story is that of a sniper

. Of course that might be a misinterpretation by Nick Kyme as in one point of the story, he does refer to Curze as the Prince of Crows, which is Sevatar's title.

Judging by the average-poor quality of Feat of Iron, Promethean Sun and what I've read so far of Vulkan Lives, I'd be inclined to say it's a mistake on Nick Kyme's behalf. sick.gif

Unless the event you're referring to is set after Istvaan V, in which case it could possibly be a Morlock whose Terminator Armour was damaged beyond repair so he had to make do with a suit of Power Armour. Although if this was the case, it surely would have been mentioned in the story! whistlingW.gif

Just to add to the argument that all Morlocks are Terminators, Alan Bligh said the following when describing the new Gorgon Terminator unit at the Heresy Weekender:

"All Morlocks are Gorgon Terminators, but not all Gorgon Terminators are Morlocks"

So he is saying that all Morlocks wear Terminator Armour (and conform to the rules of the Gorgon Terminator special unit that is going to feature in Horus Heresy Vol.2: Massacre), but there are also Terminators from other Clan Companies that are also considered to be Gorgon Terminators.

Hmm, so the Morlocks arestrictly te Terminator elite, regardless of the Clan of origin.

One thing to consider though is that perhaps the Morlock's TDA was damaged and was then replaced with a suit of PA. And due to him having received training as a sniper, he then took that role.

Just speculation.

Hmm, so the Morlocks arestrictly te Terminator elite, regardless of the Clan of origin.

One thing to consider though is that perhaps the Morlock's TDA was damaged and was then replaced with a suit of PA. And due to him having received training as a sniper, he then took that role.

It was something that I had considered - but if that was the case, surely Nick Kyme would have mentioned it when describing him in the novel?

The Morlocks are a Terminator Elite - they are the personal bodyguard of Lord Manus. However, the Morlocks only come from Clan Avernii and no other Clan.

The Morlocks are a Terminator Elite - they are the personal bodyguard of Lord Manus.

I hope they had another gig lined up.

Oh snap.  

Seriously though with FW's release of the SoH command and Contemptor models I'm really considering painting a small force for Istvaan V.  The Reavers were good looking but the Commander and Standard Bearer really take it up another notch.

It was something that I had considered - but if that was the case, surely Nick Kyme would have mentioned it when describing him in the novel?

The Morlocks are a Terminator Elite - they are the personal bodyguard of Lord Manus. However, the Morlocks only come from Clan Avernii and no other Clan.

Not necessarily. If it has no bearing on the story, it might be omitted, like whether or not the vessel Vulkan was kept on was a hulk that was gutted to house the prison or if it was built with the prison in mind. Neither can make or break the story, just small, personal points of curiosity that may or may not affect our view of the entire novel. Personally, I don't find it a deal breaker. It is possible that later on, a short story might be published to explain it as some earlier events are eluded to in the story, but to my knowledge have yet to be published.

Hey, sorry to bust up the Morlock / termie chat - quick question re. mini's. One of my WE termies has a marine helmet on his base; mk5. These guys are heresy era, but I figure they may have been dossing in the eye for a non-determined amount of realtime/time and therefore could be fighting post heresy marines... so I was thinking ultras (cos EVERYBODY hates them lol) but have you guys any better ideas? Maybe something nice and contrasting - imperial fist maybe??

cheers

Hey, sorry to bust up the Morlock / termie chat - quick question re. mini's. One of my WE termies has a marine helmet on his base; mk5. These guys are heresy era, but I figure they may have been dossing in the eye for a non-determined amount of realtime/time and therefore could be fighting post heresy marines... so I was thinking ultras (cos EVERYBODY hates them lol) but have you guys any better ideas? Maybe something nice and contrasting - imperial fist maybe??

cheers

Ultras fits as they fought them during the heresy in Betrayer anyway.  The Ultramarines are supplied by so many forgeworlds that a MK V helmet on his base fits the story anyway.  The Fists helmet fits as well if you want the yellow and that's what I would go with.  They fought the World Eaters at the siege of Terra so that fits the fluff as well.  If you are modeling them specifically for Istvaan V, I would recommend Salamanders.  Green would make a nice contrast to the blue and white.

dark tones rubble ruin ash waste as long as its a blasted battlefield its fine.

no green no shrubs.

istvaan v was devoid of all life and greenery.

brother its good to have you, I think though that this thread will need an overhaul soon. I think ill set a 1000point minimum for participation.

pretty simple to accomplish, 2 troop squads w/transports, 1 HQ minimum.

what do you think?

The Morlocks are a Terminator Elite - they are the personal bodyguard of Lord Manus.

I hope they had another gig lined up.

They didn't - they were almost entirely wiped out at Istvaan V.

Only a handful have so far been reported to have survived. cry.gif

I think though that this thread will need an overhaul soon. I think ill set a 1000point minimum for participation.

what do you think?

Sounds good to me. I've got my 2 x 20-Man Tac Squads which are finished. I'm currently working on 3 x Hvy Conversion Beamer Predators. That takes me to 1030pts.

After that I've got a Centurion, a Contemptor Deadnaught,15 x Cataphractii Terminators, and a bunch of other infantry squads to put together.

Not necessarily. If it has no bearing on the story, it might be omitted, like whether or not the vessel Vulkan was kept on was a hulk that was gutted to house the prison or if it was built with the prison in mind. Neither can make or break the story, just small, personal points of curiosity that may or may not affect our view of the entire novel. Personally, I don't find it a deal breaker. It is possible that later on, a short story might be published to explain it as some earlier events are eluded to in the story, but to my knowledge have yet to be published.

I'd say that something as important as a Morlock not wearing Terminator Armour is a very important story point - unless the author has no idea that Morlocks only wear Terminator armour.. teehee.gif

I think though that this thread will need an overhaul soon. I think ill set a 1000point minimum for participation.

what do you think?

I like this idea - might make me press on with my tac marines... I'm up to 6 completed; 4 to go!

So far I have 1 tac squad (that will be two when I have the funds), 5 cataphractii termies, 5 tartaros termies and a 5 man jump squad... more goodies on their way from FW! only about 30% painted of this lot though; of course with grey rubble bases.

Quick update prior to Istvaan 2.0; here are my two practically finished cataphractii. They're both magnetized so can be run as shown or with bolters, bolter melta or bolter plasma and powerfists or a chainfist... I like the lightning claw look though, so he'll stay like this for now!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/llltomlll/yer%20im%20a%20geek/IMG_1697x_zps9af4ba21.jpg

Champion, heavy weap and the other guy still to paint.

I'm so slow!

Archived