Updated Repressor Rules

andrewm9

They droped the number of fire points (ewww)......

Basicly your paying 40pts over a rhino for a heavy flamer and dozer.  Not going to lie,  not really happy

If you notice however the front armor is 13 now, so it's a little more heavily armored than a standard rhino.

I noticed it is, but I don't think it is worth the points.  It is a little more survivalble but I would rather spend that on two rhinos and have extra points.  If you REALLY need what ever is inside to make it to the spot, then yeah...

13 front armor ... ohhh kaaaayyyy.

It still has the ability to shoot at a different target than the embarked unit and with being able to fire 2 special weapons it will be easier to pop a rhino with melta guns and flame the occupents but is it worth the extra points?

And it no longer comes with a searchlight.  Now that's just being mean. They still make cool looking models and I might just use them as Rhinos.  I'm just not sure about the point cost.  I'll have to play with them a few times and see if the front armor makes any kind of difference.  Maybe it will become the ride of choice for 10 girl Domionion squads.  We'll see.

I noticed it is, but I don't think it is worth the points.  It is a little more survivalble but I would rather spend that on two rhinos and have extra points.  If you REALLY need what ever is inside to make it to the spot, then yeah...

AV 13/11/10 is OK for things like Predators and Exorcists since they are staying back with the front towards the enemy.  Once you start moving forward it becaomes easier for the enemy to get side and even rear shots.

It might be usable for rear guard troops.  AV 13 to withstand long ranged fire but armed close range weapons to go after forces that deepstrike into your back field.

The pro's just aren't there for me.  They no longer outweight the cons.  As far so for Domins, when you arrive via out flank, then the Immolator is far better, you get a twin-linked heavy flamer over just a heavy flamer for less points.  If you really want to run a 10 girl squad of domins, ok.

I noticed it is, but I don't think it is worth the points. It is a little more survivalble but I would rather spend that on two rhinos and have extra points. If you REALLY need what ever is inside to make it to the spot, then yeah...

AV 13/11/10 is OK for things like Predators and Exorcists since they are staying back with the front towards the enemy. Once you start moving forward it becaomes easier for the enemy to get side and even rear shots.

It might be usable for rear guard troops. AV 13 to withstand long ranged fire but armed close range weapons to go after forces that deepstrike into your back field.

I was just trying to look for the silver lining, but I do feel we took it on the chin again with this update.

I would use these in an Apoc game where I wasn't worried about points for the extra armor but that is about the only time and honestly, I would prob take Lighters.

I'm not going to just write it off as a kneejerk reaction.  I want to try it out in game a couple of times at least.  The point cost is back to what it was in IA2 and we were stil using that along with 50 point basic Rhinos up until the white dwarf update.  I just need to find it's strength and the role it does best  before I can say if it is woth the points.

The obvious strengths are the AV 13 front and the heavy flamer.  It is not going to be any better than a rhino in transporting assault troops.  I'm still thinking rear guard objective sitters.  Heck, I may even try putting a command squad in one.  But then once again, is that going to be any better than an Immolator?  Put another way, would you pay 10 points to put AV 13 on an Immolator?

I'm not writting it off and plan to try fielding it to see if they work at all for me but my play style they don't seem to fit.  I will give them a few tries.  And to answer your question Fibonacci, no I would not.  I would by a combi-weapon :D

But.. but... the fire points were kind of the whole point of the Repressor, weren't they?

>< Just when I was starting to convert my rhinos too. :( The update completely misses the point of the vehicle...

But.. but... the fire points were kind of the whole point of the Repressor, weren't they?

>< Just when I was starting to convert my rhinos too. sad.png The update completely misses the point of the vehicle...

Yeah the fire points were the whole reason I used one over a Rhino (Other than liking the model more)

I think this update really screws with the fluff for the Repressor. I am still going to try it, but I have to say I am quite disappointed.

Wow, that's brutal. I like the increased front armor, however the whole idea was being able to have several girls firing from the safety of an armored transport. The Repressor was very similar to the Imperial Guards' Chimera and I liked it! Hopefully this will get another update when the new Sisters models and codex (if it ever happens!) is released.

I'm bittersweet on this one.  What is a Cupola-mounted storm bolter?  Is it just a storm bolter?

I still don't get how the came up with the idea of it having 2 fire points?  I mean whats the point of having all those firing hatches at the side?

That being said being AV 13 is awesome.  My oppenents are going to be shock when they see this.

I'm pretty sure its rules will once again change due to extra armour still costing 15 points (in the chaos marine codex it costs less).

its.. rather bland.. it actually reminds me of when GW nerfed the immo's twin HF special rulz sad.png many years ago.

which is now a glorified razorback that is "unique" to SoB

looks like we will have to have faith and see if any one finds a way to make it work

A cupola in AFV terms is a turret on top of a turret. ^^; The word is being mis-used here.

In this case, it's just a little turret.

Edit: aand.. Battlescribe file updated to reflect the changes.

http://catalogue.randomhit.org/download/file.php?id=404

Anyone tried e-mailing Forgeword asking about the nerf to the firepoints? That may just be a error from someone who didn't realize the importance.

Furyou, at least you now have a couple extra points in your ETL vow, right? sweat.gif

Personally I'm disappointed with the new rules as it seems to stop it from doing what it's supposed to do - act as a light armoured mobile bunker for a squad to fire out of.

It's hard to justify this over 2 Rhinos (one with a squad in and one acting as a bullet shield) which is cheaper and a more reliable way of delivering a squad.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone can find sensible a use for it as I can't.

On the plus side - it does specifically state on the Forgeworld page that these rules are experimental and not the final rules:

"The rules presented here are  Experimental rules, still under development, and are not the final version. Experimental rules will change over time before a final version is published."

Therefore I will be ignoring this unholy experiment for now and using the 'official' rules which are the old ones in IA:2.

The FAV13 is more in keeping with the Repressor's fluff, but the loss of fire points reduces that somewhat - the tank was designed for use by Arbites conducting raids on cults and criminal hideouts. The dozer blade is literally for smashing through walls to deliver a team of judges in a shock-and-awe strike.

I'm really surprised, as well... what's the point of the 6 firing slots on the top of the model if you're not going to be able to use them? Why pay SO MUCH MONIES and all those extra points for av13 front armored non assault transport that...? My mind is so boggled I can't even finish the sentence. It got MORE expensive, more armor, and 1 more fire point and lost 6 firing slits? There has to be an error there?

Archived