Updated Repressor Rules

andrewm9

I really see that as an oversight on someone's part. The six fire points were the main reason to take it. Plus, if going by the fluff as you say miko, the armor on the sides should have been raised all as well. Mobs of people tend to swarm around the access doors. Of course the rear door drops so, I don't know if I could justify the rear armor going up but, using it to ram with higher side armor just makes sense to me.

I really see that as an oversight on someone's part. The six fire points were the main reason to take it. Plus, if going by the fluff as you say miko, the armor on the sides should have been raised all as well. Mobs of people tend to swarm around the access doors. Of course the rear door drops so, I don't know if I could justify the rear armor going up but, using it to ram with higher side armor just makes sense to me.

Have to agree with you on that one. I hope it goes back to what it used to be, or at least get the firing points back.

Well, haven't had a reply from Forge World about it yet. ^^; Anyone else in the UK who can try phoning? I missed my only chance this week not doing it today. ^^;

I'll try to keep an open mind but I'm not hyped about fielding this thing. I guess the purpose was to stop it from being a Chicago-style drive-by bunker for nuns and make it more fluffy like Miko said but ehhhh.

That 13 looks nice because it makes you think you can now pack your Sister squads and charge ahead without fear to that 12" where Sisters are best at, but it's obvious that any well spaced enemy army will have a clear shot at your sides the moment you start closing in unless the terrain is thick and you can space them well. I guess a wall of Rerpessors side to side could reduce the window at which you could shoot at their sides, but for 75 points each ? Rather than an overpriced Rhino it seems more like a Chimera to me. Hopefully they either increase the number of fire points to at least 4 or cut back the price.

Also, rather than being happy about the fact we got a new update I'm slightly depressed after realizing they're just catching up to the WD codex and making it more in line with it after all this time.

I'll try to keep an open mind but I'm not hyped about fielding this thing. I guess the purpose was to stop it from being a Chicago-style drive-by bunker for nuns and make it more fluffy like Miko said but ehhhh.

I think this is right, I just read an old WD article about the Designer's thoughts when making the old witch hunter codex, and this tactic was something they deliberately tried to limit; so there is precedence there.  I know this is FW and not GW itself, and I know that article is pretty old now, but It does show that GW really don't like players doing that in 40k.

Just got a reply from FW confirming that the psf is indeed correct and not a typo. So we may be stuck with the more. Useless Repressor. :( they also said that its only a holdover until IA2se comes out.

So the official response is "yeah we made it :cusstier and more expensive as a stopgap for an update to the book it's actually in."

?

I don't even...

I guess it's a good idea my full strength dominion squad that was going to be truckin around in one of those is a ways down the list. :/

Well I had two games with it and I'm actually pretty impress by them.  The first game I lost due to me placing my excorist tanks poorly (hand't played in a while) and outflanking warwalkers which caught me by surprise.  That being said, my oppenent still had a hard time killing them.

My second game was agaisnt a dark angel terminator list, here I deployed a lot smarter and made an av 13 wall.  Here my oppenent struggled to kill my tanks, only in close combat could he succuded (and by the time he had they had already done their job).  After testing them out, I prefer these new rules over the old ones but that's just my 2 cents.

I guess if there's anything to be gained, it's that you can now fire more special weapons from the 2 points,leading to potentially 3 flamers or some such nonsense. 
But still... I'm confused, unless they completely redo the model OR add the rules for the firing slits back in, as is now there's no sense in having the extra bit with 6 firing slits on top of it.

Also, I suppose it could be seen as "hell, at least they're paying us some attention."

Archived