our super-unit... thoughts?

The Avenger Strike Fighter is the 40k equivalent of an A-10 Thunderbolt, one of the heaviest (non-transport) aircraft ever built. The whole fighter is built around that main weapons system.

Besides, we're Sisters. We don't need to twin-link our bolt cannon, we hit on a 3+ anyway. Twin-linking is for Guard and Tau.

I am having a hard time coming up with a SoB super unit that is in the vain of "big nasty MC" like we have been seeing.  I suspect that a huge tank, a pocket baneblade sized with a nasty array of torrent flame weapons would be more fluffy and cool.  immagine a SoB AV14 tank armed with 2 sponsons that can have either, 2 Torrent S7 AP 3 flamer sponsons or Heavy Hurricane Bolters (3 TW hvy bolters each).  Then add in a main gun that can either be a Torrent S8 AP2 Flamer, or a twin-linked Tri-Melta (36 inch range, with the Melta rule).  Naturally it would have Shield of Faith, that could be udgraded with some sort of blessed hull upgrades that can make it ignore the Lance special rule. 

It would be a beast on the field.  So long as it is pointed correctly it should be both fun and fair.  Im guessing 250 points, making it a killy land raider, with options to tool it up with other deffensive weapons if you wish, sort of like how landraiders can take MM, stormbolters, etc.   

so you want a Land Raider Redeemer with higher powered sponson weapons, and an extremely better turretmounted weapon, with humongously better armour than the normal redeemer, for a 10 pts increase in costs? how about every box of that came with a winning lottery ticket?

The Avenger Strike Fighter is the 40k equivalent of an A-10 Thunderbolt, one of the heaviest (non-transport) aircraft ever built. The whole fighter is built around that main weapons system.

Besides, we're Sisters. We don't need to twin-link our bolt cannon, we hit on a 3+ anyway. Twin-linking is for Guard and Tau.

That fighter is a beauty. I just really wish it didn't cost so much. I really want one.

how about every box of that came with a winning lottery ticket?

This is what I wanted to reply on another topic. SM MC or someting like that. Made me think how humble we sister players seem to be as the topic went on to wishlisting of the new SM codex. In a single list it seemed to me that the space marines need, to be worth it in 6th ed, things like devastators as troops, ccw on tacticals and rending chainswords. And everything needs to be cheaper in points.

One thing I like about sisters is that they are not as well equipped as other military forces as in variety of things. In my opinion all we need is someone to give us a little love, tweaking to 6th ed and those Emperor damn plastic kits.

Give us:

-something to fight flyers, a faith that gives skyfire or something

-fast immolators or even the one firepoint

-celestians that have a purpose

-a points-wise scaling faith system

-all the good old sister special characters

-blessed weapon +1 or +2S, ap2

-repressors, something between the new and old?

-redemptionists/zealot

-5+ deny the witch

Wouldn't that do without going over the top?

I think as a way to make sisters more unique is to allow them to take a fortification in place of a dedicated transport.

You could limit the spam by requiring a min number of sisters in the unit to open the option. Much like the immolator used to be limited to squads with 6 or less sisters, you could limit the ADL to squads with 10 or more.

Also each squad type would have access to a different fortification option. Like a Canoness doesn't get the option of a ADL but instead gets a bunker.

This would deal with the flyer issue in a new way, sell more terrain kits, and sell more sister kits as allies. I mean really, what IG player wouldn't take 2 units of sisters as allies in order to get 2 more aegis defense lines.

Or do you think that is too broken?

As for there $115 kit, I would say a large piece of terrain like a fortress of redemption, but themed for sisters. This would have to be taken as the fortification slot. Give it rules that buff sisters. And allow it to be selected by armies that take sister allies.

I think as a way to make sisters more unique is to allow them to take a fortification in place of a dedicated transport.

You could limit the spam by requiring a min number of sisters in the unit to open the option. Much like the immolator used to be limited to squads with 6 or less sisters, you could limit the ADL to squads with 10 or more.

Also each squad type would have access to a different fortification option. Like a Canoness doesn't get the option of a ADL but instead gets a bunker.

This would deal with the flyer issue in a new way, sell more terrain kits, and sell more sister kits as allies. I mean really, what IG player wouldn't take 2 units of sisters as allies in order to get 2 more aegis defense lines.

Or do you think that is too broken?

As for there $115 kit, I would say a large piece of terrain like a fortress of redemption, but themed for sisters. This would have to be taken as the fortification slot. Give it rules that buff sisters. And allow it to be selected by armies that take sister allies.

I could see that filling up a table quickly... With careful deployment you could prevent enemy flyers from being able to enter your table-half :p.

That's an interesting idea Valourous, but logistical issues aside it sounds more Guard than Sisters. Sisters attack the enemies of the Emperor and purge them with the holy trinity - we don't wait for them to come to us!

Sisters are a well equipped highly elite fighting force bolstered by their indomitable faith in the God-Emperor, so I think the codex should reflect that.

I could see that filling up a table quickly... With careful deployment you could prevent enemy flyers from being able to enter your table-half tongue.png.

Never get 'Vector Struck' again!

I've vexed a few players who were hoping for a few freebee kills when they discovered that there was nowhere to put their heldrake on the far side of any of my units. It's a bit 'gamey', but then I find fliers in general a bit 'gamey'. I'm sure I'll change my tune when I finally field some.

It's the very definition of gamey to arrange your ground troops specifically to deny a flyer's base, because the flyer needing ground to place its base is a rules issue that goes against the logic of a unit that is flying.

Aye, but I don't think it's any more gamey than using the flyers base to interdict the movement of ground troops.

It's the very definition of gamey to arrange your ground troops specifically to deny a flyer's base, because the flyer needing ground to place its base is a rules issue that goes against the logic of a unit that is flying.

It is no more gamey than placing all of the objectives on 3rd story when facing a ravenwing army. Nor for that matter the ravenwing player placing objectives and terrain specifically to prevent you from doing that.

how about every box of that came with a winning lottery ticket?

This is what I wanted to reply on another topic. SM MC or someting like that. Made me think how humble we sister players seem to be as the topic went on to wishlisting of the new SM codex. In a single list it seemed to me that the space marines need, to be worth it in 6th ed, things like devastators as troops, ccw on tacticals and rending chainswords. And everything needs to be cheaper in points.

One thing I like about sisters is that they are not as well equipped as other military forces as in variety of things. In my opinion all we need is someone to give us a little love, tweaking to 6th ed and those Emperor damn plastic kits.

Give us:

-something to fight flyers, a faith that gives skyfire or something

-fast immolators or even the one firepoint

-celestians that have a purpose

-a points-wise scaling faith system

-all the good old sister special characters

-blessed weapon +1 or +2S, ap2

-repressors, something between the new and old?

-redemptionists/zealot

-5+ deny the witch

Wouldn't that do without going over the top?

ap2 and unwieldy then, you mean? if so: +1 smile.png

how about an armywide Faith in the holy bolter's capability to take on the winged daemons of the warp, letting sisters hit flyers on a 5+ instead of the 6+ for regular armies...

This is actually a hard topic. I've always figured that since our vehicles are rhino based, which is mechanicus, why not a redeemer land raider which is also mechanicus. Replace assult cannons with hvy bolters. Wargear option of upgraded ammo for +1 strength like GK's have. Make it 10 pts more beause of 6+ invul. Holy promethium for flamers like GK's have. I'm just thinking that they are both Imperium so...

As far as a walker goes, a super pentinent could be nice. Change it's weapon options to hvy bolters or multi-meltas, make it monsterous creature with 5 or 6 W and give it a 3+/ 5+ inv to stay in line with the other monsterous creatures.

A flyer would be good but something of the SoB's own. Like maybe giving it the trinity of weapons. Hvy flamers have torrent but still Str 5 AP 4, lower hull mounted, front MM and side Hvy bolters and maybe even some bombs/missiles like inferno large blast S5 AP4.

We aren't allowed Land Raiders. The Administratum said so. >>

Heh, maybe we'll just get Penitent Engines in general changed to Monstrous Creatures, like the Wraithlord did back between 2e and 3e.

That would help, but I'd rather they just fixed Walkers so they weren't so inferior to MCs. Considering how long I've been waiting for this I'm not going to hold out much hope.

Maybe we can have a giant PE? GW could go the whole hog and have it formed out of several PEs and you can disassemble and reassemble them in battle. Just think of all the models you'd have to get :P

... I should probably stop before someone from GW reads this and gets ideas.

Haha, I already joked about the Penitent Engine Cheer Squad.

They get different abilities depending on which formation they're in, with the effect of "charge 24" and strike at I10" if you get enough of them together to form the letters W.I.N.

Haha, I already joked about the Penitent Engine Cheer Squad.

They get different abilities depending on which formation they're in, with the effect of "charge 24" and strike at I10" if you get enough of them together to form the letters W.I.N.

Well that sounds fricking epic.

I was thinking of power rangers, but your idea is far worse so naturally GW would lean towards that :P

Power rangers would make awesome hth units. I mean they wouldn't even need to score hits to do damage.

They'd have a special rule called "pose as a team" that prevents them from consolidating after winning combat, and you'd have to paint each one a different colour.

I think I could handle that.

I still think we'll get 50' battle sisters some how.

That, or cavalry, perhaps monsterous, with rules that are arbitrarily better than 'phim to 'encourage' us to buy them.

They'd have a special rule called "pose as a team" that prevents them from consolidating after winning combat, and you'd have to paint each one a different colour.

I think I could handle that.

I still think we'll get 50' battle sisters some how.

That, or cavalry, perhaps monsterous, with rules that are arbitrarily better than 'phim to 'encourage' us to buy them.

As long as Seraphim stay where they are (awesome), they can throw as many Cyber-Aquila Knights (which are FMCs obviously) at us as they like. :D I might even use them, especially if I can fudge them into the Elites slot somehow.

As long as Seraphim stay where they are (awesome), they can throw as many Cyber-Aquila Knights (which are FMCs obviously) at us as they like. biggrin.png I might even use them, especially if I can fudge them into the Elites slot somehow.

No, but you might get a character that'll slide them into the heavy slots. Also, more likely to see them as 'Jet-Pack Cav' sharing the same rules as blight drones.

In fairness, three lines would fix the Codex for me:

i) At the start of each of your move phases you generate D6 Faith Points per Primary Detachment.

ii) If St Celestine is included in your army, Seraphim Squads count as Troops choices.

iii) [immolator] Special Rules: Shield of Faith, Assault Vehicle.

On topic, I wouldn't mind Penitent Engines being redesignated Monstrous Creatures, but as long as they remain HS they'll remain the poor stepchild option. As to a massive Penitent Engine as a super-heavy, I'm not sure how fluffy it would be?

Archived