Justification for Mephiston leading Flesh Tearers

terminatorAM

The Lord of Death is far too powerful, both in gaming and fluff terms, for me to use him as a counts-as character for the Flesh Tearers. However, I have a really cool idea for a conversion for him and would like to include him in one of my army lists. Since my regular opponents are GK and Eldar, I foresee large monstrous creatures making their way into both opponents' lists in the near future when we start playing at higher point level games.

My idea so far is that the inquisition has become more critical of the Flesh Tearers' savage butchery of late and so have dispatched the Grey Knights to declare the chapter Ex-Communicated. In one of his visions, Mephiston foresaw his brothers of blood defeated by the Inquisition that had also seen fit to question his own faith and loyalty to the Imperium. Alone, he sought out the Tearers while they battled the foul zenos Eldar. He arrived to warn them of their impeding doom just as the ships of the Grey Knights entered the system. Trapped between the Eldar and the Inquisition's justice, Mephiston unleashed his rage along side the Flesh Tearers and the led them screaming and blood thirsty towards the lines of both foes ready to face whatever judgment fate would have for the cursed son's of Sanguinius. 

I was also playing with an idea of how the meddling witchcraft of the Eldar twisted time itself to alter the outcome of the wars of Armageddon. The Imperial armies of all three wars found themselves trapped in the Webway and facing the Eldar. Mephiston, recently reborn as the Lord of Death from the second war found himself amoung the Flesh Tearers who had just slaughtered scores of Imperial Guardsmen after defeating the orks in the third war. These heresys were witnessed by the Grey Knights who had only recently cleansed the planet of Angron's daemonic invasion of the fist war.

So tell me what you think, and can anyone think of other times Mephiston crossed paths with the Flesh Tearers or the Grey Knight?

Bending lore to include a known character in something he has nothing to do with will always be opening a can of worms.

If I were you, I would create new lore for your flesh tearers to justify the presence of such a force of nature, perhaps akin to the Sanguinor for Blood Angels. Due to the high rate of black rage in the chapter, he could be a fallen angel of death who's whereabouts are never known, but always descents upon enemy hordes where the fighting is thickest. It could even be that Gabriel Seth has finally fallen and has "evolved" into something gruesome. 

How you develop this is all up to you.

Since there's no separate codex for flesh tearers, there's no rules saying you can't use him. You could always say that the flesh tearers came as reinforcements to aid the blood angels. Just an idea.

My fluff is something along the lines of Mephiston was traveling with Brother Corbulo when they were stopping by and visiting one of BA offshoot chapters when shenanigans occurred and the big M and Corbulo decided to help out.

to bad the FT have just one char...  and no special troops to go with the chapters bezerk name / reputation..

(i think they need a dex themself, appart from BA) if this would be the case i'm ALL IN to the FT !!!! (they appeal me as a former ork player) :p

to bad the FT have just one char...  and no special troops to go with the chapters bezerk name / reputation..

Maybe there will be a supplemental codex like the Eldar got when our new codex comes out. The FT are the most likely secondary chapter to get one as they already have Seth in this codex and had their own rules back in the days of Index Astartes. I'd love to see rules/model for Amit and the option for squad leaders to take eviserators and heavy chainswords since they do have rules in the rule book.

As for Mephi, I don't think it would be too hard coming up with reasons for him fighting with the FT, but wanted to see what the general consensus was from you guys. Thanks for the replies

Archived