First question, yes second question kind off, but not a pure one, you would need to ally, I'd us Imp guard.

So:

Coteaz

Ordo Herectus (whatever they're called, can't find my GK codex)

Elites: Vindicare assasin

Troops: x amount of henchmen, for your sisters

Ally

Imperial guard stuff.

From what I've read the "Formosa Sector" list can be built as one of the cheesest lists in the game if you're willing to spring for all the orangutans and chimeras to make it fly.

Kinda want that 3+ armour save, but then again, 12 lascannons is a tempting offer. lolz

With the difficulty of aquiring our codex, this is a feasible idea, but not a very powerful one unless you break format to put in monkeys and gak.

Probably don't need it, I could use a GK codex and use the sisters as Acolytes.

Yes, but they won't be very good, is what I'm saying. You can use Warrior Acolytes in power armour with bolters as counts-as Sisters, but they'll suffer from being something like 16 points a model with less BS than a real Sister, having no Faith and an awful leadership.

Yes, but they won't be very good, is what I'm saying. You can use Warrior Acolytes in power armour with bolters as counts-as Sisters, but they'll suffer from being something like 16 points a model with less BS than a real Sister, having no Faith and an awful leadership.

So what you're saying is that you want me to have 12 lascannons pointing at you?

I would just use the sisters codex to represent sisters :D Take GK allies if you really want  Coteaz and friends. If you want to do a henchman list... you can probably use SoB as count as/proxy for most of the unit choices. I guess it depends on how creative you are.

So what you're saying is that you want me to have 12 lascannons pointing at you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoEek.png We're both Sisters players, why would they be pointing at me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoAnga.png I'm saying that power armour/bolter henchmen are weak. If you still want to use them, that's fine, just don't expect to win that many games on their strength alone. I'm not really sure why you keep attacking me for pointing that out.

That's not what she's saying. What she's saying is that you get the worst of both worlds for a premium price point. You'd be paying a little more than you would for a Tac Marine squad, for 12 models that can't shoot as well, and will suffer wounds (thence unsaved wounds) more often.

The dreaded Mathhammer suggests that said Tac Marines, with two fewer models, would beat out the power-armoured henchmen by 50%. Facing down 185 points of bolter-wielding Battle Sisters, assuming the Sisters never use Light of the Emperor, the henchmen would be outperformed by ~65%.

Don't misunderstand me - I think it's perfectly fluffy to have Sisters of Battle requisitioned as agents of the Inquisition, and I don't think anyone is arguing that it isn't. It's just that the rules penalise you somewhat for pegging them as henchmen rather than an allied force using their own Codex.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoEek.png We're both Sisters players, why would they be pointing at me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoAnga.png I'm saying that power armour/bolter henchmen are weak. If you still want to use them, that's fine, just don't expect to win that many games on their strength alone. I'm not really sure why you keep attacking me for pointing that out.

Well, you know that no one expects Charles Swan's "Inquisition". lolz

That's not what she's saying. What she's saying is that you get the worst of both worlds for a premium price point. You'd be paying a little more than you would for a Tac Marine squad, for 12 models that can't shoot as well, and will suffer wounds (thence unsaved wounds) more often.

The dreaded Mathhammer suggests that said Tac Marines, with two fewer models, would beat out the power-armoured henchmen by 50%. Facing down 185 points of bolter-wielding Battle Sisters, assuming the Sisters never use Light of the Emperor, the henchmen would be outperformed by ~65%.

Don't misunderstand me - I think it's perfectly fluffy to have Sisters of Battle requisitioned as agents of the Inquisition, and I don't think anyone is arguing that it isn't. It's just that the rules penalise you somewhat for pegging them as henchmen rather than an allied force using their own Codex.

Not with bolters, but as a melee heavy squad with Corteaz at the helm. The 3+ save will do them great credit along with a Ministorum priest. Or did I just mix up Codices?

Archived