Scars

Brannick

I'm definitely going to get the hardback because I want to read this story.

But it's Interesting to see so many people holding back and waiting for a proper releases (like me) these days. 

Before BL startet their ebook/limited edition madness a lot went out and preordered straight away when a new HH book became available.

A shame BL started to change their way to release HH books as it seem to me it does more "harm" than good.

To be honest, I don't like electronic substance. I just feel the need that if I buy something, it must have substance. The only exception is video games, but its been so long since I bought or paid for any of those. Well, I take that back. I did buy Dishonored and Far Cry 3 for my laptop but its still been a while since I played them.

The point is, I'll be paying ~US$30 for Scars. My choices are, 12 separate e-book webisodes. Or, a hardcover with beautiful artwork that can handle the amount of punishment I deal out at reading at least 12 novels a year and going back through anything from 20 to all of what I own, and has some pretty amazing artwork inside of it. Like the picture of Konrad Curze in Vulkan Lives. Personally, since I have decided to one day, eventually replace the HH series with the hardcover books(optimum word: eventually), I will buy the hardcover book. Nothing against them. Although in my opinion, if I was going to do a webisode, I would make it a one-time purchase and then simply update the webisode when a new one is released, or e-mail the update to those who bought it instead of going "Hey, pay an extra US$20 for an e-book that you could wait for and only pay a total of US$16."

I'm not saying "Death to e-books!" just that I always thought the point of e-books were convenience and price. You still get convenience, but you are severely losing out on price. You actually end up paying more than the hardcover edition after tax, assuming you don't put gas(about 20 miles worth in my case) or shipping into the equation.

Just finished reading part 1 of scars 10 minutes ago .

So far so good.

minor spoiler some interesting insight on legion recruitment on Terra contrasted to Chogoris

Also some insight on pre heresy Terra nd Chogoris.

Its worth the price.

Really, the Khan was the awesome character? I rather thought the Terran Captain was the more interesting.

Or, did you mean the Khan?

You know, I understand their move in this way. I have no issues with it, despite my immediate reaction to not go with it. Way I see it, they are offering more ways to become involved with the Heresy, and each has its advantages and disadvantages.

You can spend more to get it electronically early, episodically. Some people would rather pay more if it meant getting it all earlier, and like reading in bursts rather than in a single sit-through. This is not me but I am glad it's there for those of whom it is.

Little bit later, you can spend an equal amount on a large, hardbound copy that has additional artwork. This is for the people who have a little patience but would rather spend the extra cash on extra stuff, not simply getting it earlier. This I would love to be in, if I didn't care so much for the price.

Even later are two paperback releases. Honestly, what the Hell is the difference between the two? Legacy and Trade? Which one's the one that we have been getting since the beginning? Because that one is the one that most fits me. It might be the latest one out, but it is the cheapest and it doesn't break the flow of my previous purchases (which aesthetically pleases me). 

As far as electronic vs. paper copies, for me it all depends on whether or not I'm paying for it. I have read electronic copies, I own a Kindle (made obsolete by my smartphone, poor thing) to hold all of my e-books. But I never paid for them. I love classical literature and you can get a whole heck of a lot of it for free (and no, I'm not talking about pirating). But if I'm going to be dropping cash for a book, I'm going to want a book. If I can't put it on my bookshelf when I'm done, it is not worth the money for me.

Not The Khan but the cool Khan captain, the poetic one.

Ah. No. Terran Captain was far more interesting to me. The Khan Captain just seemed like he was made to be as stereotypically White Scar as possible to counter the Terran Captain. He was like that Space Wolf who rides Thunderwolves, but for the White Scars.

Yes the alpha legionaries name is alpaharius.... So there you go I just named every AL operative.

;)

And I meant not the khan but the one shown in brotherhood of the storm, god I loved that Novell hopefully scorched earth is worth my money

Hey, quick question about the serialization. Does the webisode come with special artwork like what is in the enhanced e-books and the hardcovers?

No, it's basically Phalanx all over again. They have the novel all done, they just butchered it into little meat cubes for curry and are feeding rationed bits to everyone. 

To be fair, I'm going to be getting it every week. I don't mind the way it's being sold, it's something to look forward to every week and I don't mind paying "extra" as I won't really notice it personally. If anyone wants the spoilers let me know.

I WANT THOSE SPOILERS!!!

Just saying ;)

Archived