So here is a question that someone asked in the Apoc game we just played.  It wasn't an issue since the only 3 things that had D-weapons didn't want to waist a shot on St. Celestine...

If St. Celestine is hit with a D-weapon does she still get her 'We-Be-Back' roll?

Because she dies, then comes back... it doesn't matter if you drag her into the warp and rend her into a million pieces, she still has a chance of coming back. That's why she always carries my Vortex Grenade.

There is only one way I have seen that can get rid of her and that is the Ork's squig thing.  One of the Orks characters have a power that turns a character into a squig.  The reason that it works is that it doesn't kill the character but states something to the effect of... 'replace all the character's stats and rules with that of a squig'.  I can't remember the exact wording but that.  This effectivly removes her abiltiy to come back once the squig is dead.

There is only one way I have seen that can get rid of her and that is the Ork's squig thing.  One of the Orks characters have a power that turns a character into a squig.  The reason that it works is that it doesn't kill the character but states something to the effect of... 'replace all the character's stats and rules with that of a squig'.  I can't remember the exact wording but that.  This effectivly removes her abiltiy to come back once the squig is dead.

I'm not even 100% sure on that, since the Ork codex says that it replaces the target model with another one (which is literally removing the model from play) and the SoB FAQ says that Miraculous Intervention can be used against attacks that remove models from play.  So who knows?

"If the Ork player scores higher, the target model is replaced with an angry Squig uncler the control of your opponent. You must provide the Squig model. It has the profile below and no wargear or special rules, but is an Independent Character that counts as Infantry.", C:O, pg.61

Celestine is never actually "removed from play", she is just altered.  Which is why this is the only instance I'm aware of where you can't get her back with her special rule - she's "still in play", and doesn't have that special rule any more.  Now if the Squig dies of natural causes, I would argue that she then gets her die roll, because she loses the alterations upon death and becomes just another bone-stock St.C that's been "removed from play".

St. Celestine isn't removed from play.  It just changes the model and rules with another model/rules. You maintain control of model untill it is killed and at that point it no longer has the Miraculous Intervention rule.

I would not worry about it too much.  Zogwort is a poorly designed unit you will never see unless someone specifically designes a list just to go after Saint Celestine.  Even then it is a waste of points because a single Killa-kan can continually Insta kill her all game long for a fraction of the cost.

It is true that zogwort can squiggify st celestine (in fact I've done it) but as mentioned he's not very good, and got worse in 6th edition due to having BS0 meaning he can't use half his psychic powers any more. Not that I'm bitter...

It is true that zogwort can squiggify st celestine (in fact I've done it) but as mentioned he's not very good, and got worse in 6th edition due to having BS0 meaning he can't use half his psychic powers any more. Not that I'm bitter...

The alien fails because he cannot embrace the Emperor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived