New Painting log for Pbenner

Pbenner

Heading into the next round of painting for me has put me to the point of refreshing this thread.  I have pictures up in my other thread of everything that is currently painted.  

1) Storm Eagle x2
2) Land Raider Ares (x3)
3) Land Raider Terminus Ultra (x2)
4) Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod (x3)
5) Land Raider Crusader

The items below are in different stages of work, some being still on sprue. I'm not sure when I'll get to them, some may come off as a whim and get finished, but are furthest from completion:

1) 7 Interrogator Chaplains in TDA, mix of Stormbolters, combi-Melta, and Combi-Plasma.  I have all the bits minus 2 things.

2) 4 additional as above.  Kit bashed Int. Chaplains in TDA. 

The last list are the things that I want to (eventually) add to my Army. 

1) Relic Contemptor with Dual CCW and a Cyclone Missile Launcher
2) Land Raider Achilles (x3)

3) Spartan Assault Tank
4) Land Raider Crusader (x2)

5) Land Raider Hellios (x3)

6) Fire Raptor (x2)

In the above list, most of it is outside of reach at me and will be for a while.  Hopefully some time next year a few of these bad boys may hit my work bench.  Probably going to order the first three items all at the same time.  

Paul

Well, a lot of my Forgeworld came from some extra money I got from my Grandfather's passing. Modeling is a good way to pass the time. I have also been slowly finding good deals on Land Raiders to help keep me moving in that direction. I have a nerd chub for Land Raiders, so I enjoy collecting them, especially the more specialized variants like the Achilles, the Terminus Ultra, and the Ares.

Right now my focus has been on Infantry, after those get done, i will move towards the smaller of the large models, namely the chaplain Dreadnoughts. Probably do their Drop Pods at the same time. We will see what happens, but my Deathwing Knights are just about ready to be primed.

Yeah, I plan on doing similar pictures like for the ETL, with before and after shots.  

Right now I'm fighting the urge to bits buy enough stuff to make (5) More Terminator Librarians.  I have most of what I need, and would only need to purchase about $30 in bits to make (5) more.  While field (1) Librarius when you can field (2), know what I mean?  haha...  

Depending on what happens in the next couple of weeks with my Personal life will determine how much time I can spend painting.  I've got a serious desire to get a bunch of the rest of this army on the table, but we'll see what happens.  A local buddy has been pushing to get his massive Deathguard army painted up, so we'll see what happens.

Right now, I've gotten a good chunk going, but I need some bits to make the rest happen.  I have one pair of Forgeworld Autocannon arms for my first Mortis Dreadnought, I am thinking I REALLY like the look of these for the 2nd Dread (so they're a bit different).  Any thoughts?  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251220736367&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Right now, I've gotten a good chunk going, but I need some bits to make the rest happen. I have one pair of Forgeworld Autocannon arms for my first Mortis Dreadnought, I am thinking I REALLY like the look of these for the 2nd Dread (so they're a bit different). Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251220736367&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Sweet. thumbsup.gif

Okay,

Been a semi-productive weekend so far. I have finished getting all the weapons ready for the other 5 Librarians i want to build. One sword, two axes, and two staves. I am short a single left arm with stormbolter, but I will get one when I purchase another DW Knight box.

35/40 DW Knights are built, 30/40 of them are primed, and all 40 bases are ready for paint, so that is a good project to have ready.

I haven't finished clearing out the closet, but I should have a LR Ares and a LR Terminus Ultra waiting in there to be built, so hopefully i find them soon.

And last but not least I have started painting the final 17 Terminators for my 100 DW Terminators. Woot!

Will post some pictures soon.

For the Glory of the First Legion!

Paul

The 17 Terminators are up close to 65% complete. Lots of detail work left, but they may get done pretty quickly. I may have a line on someone to buy a few things I won't be using, and that will buy the DW Knights I need. Bits will be here by the end of the week, so the Librarians and 10 Deathwing Knights will all get primed as a lot.

Once these 17 are done, I move onto the Deathwing Knights. I hope they aren't too time intensive, but we will see. I may paint more Librarians before them, but I am not sure.

Keep those brushes going brothers!

Paul

Right now, I've gotten a good chunk going, but I need some bits to make the rest happen. I have one pair of Forgeworld Autocannon arms for my first Mortis Dreadnought, I am thinking I REALLY like the look of these for the 2nd Dread (so they're a bit different). Any thoughts?

Sweet. thumbsup.gif

Ain't tithe quad autocannon from Aegis defense line?

If so here's the result (dread by Hellbrandt Grimm)

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9630/imgp0124d.jpg

They look similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone recasting those bits now that I look at it. I would never run an aegis defense line, so not being stuck with the extra parts.

We will see how bad the parts are when they get here.

Paul

Well, I put the brush down hard tonight after supper and finished all the painting work for my DW Terminators. I still need to do the washes, and I may have missed a touchup or two, but they will be washed and put on their bases tomorrow. Then it is on to Deathwing Knights. Their bases are not finished, but tgose don't take long, so I am waiting to have the bases for the Librarians ready before painting a mess of bases.

Best,

Paul

Tanhausen,

I've gotten pretty good about the order of paints that I use, and try to waste as little time as possible switching paints.   I also paint all of one color that I can before moving onto the next, and painting largest areas first.  I've also worked very hard to limit the amount of touch-ups I have to do from each set of paints.  

Washes and then final assembly tonight!  Woot! Woot!

Paul

Yey!

My bits shipped!  -  I will probably be able to work on assembly of my Librarians over the weekend, yey!  Now to get home and throw down some Washes and finish my Terminators and start working on Deathwing Knights.  

Yey!

Paul

Tanhausen,

I've gotten pretty good about the order of paints that I use, and try to waste as little time as possible switching paints.   I also paint all of one color that I can before moving onto the next, and painting largest areas first.  I've also worked very hard to limit the amount of touch-ups I have to do from each set of paints.  

Washes and then final assembly tonight!  Woot! Woot!

Paul

I do that too...but it takes me way longer than you Brother.

For example, it took me like 10 hours to base, prime, basecoat (both of these by Airbrush) and do the white details of a measly 52 marines.

I wish I had your speed...but alas, to each what he can :) Glad you're on our "side" on the ETL :)

Sha-Bam! - I knew I should have made these part of my 5th Vow, oh well;

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130813_003254_zpsaa1442e6.jpg

That is the 17 Terminators; The first on my list of things to do.  Going to try to work out a deal to get my last squad of DW Knights tonight and hopefully be priming them by the weekend with the new Librarians that I'm building.  

Best,

Paul

Started work on the first 10 Deathwing Knights. Have secured the last DW Command Squad box to build 5 more knights, and I am eagerly waiting the arrival of bits to do more Librarians. Its a good thing.

Paul

I secured the last of the Deathwing Knights I needed in order to field the full 40 I wanted to. Over labor day weekend, there is an apocalypse game that I want to field the Deathwing Redemption Force, in order to do this, I need to paint all 40 Knights in 2 weeks.

New Personal Goal. 40 Deathwing Knights to tabletop standard in 2 weeks or less. Hopefully completing 6 Librarians in the process.

Paul

The first 10 or so Knights are getting close, probably over 70% done. I am having a lot more fun with them than I originally thought I would. I think that getting 20 done by the end of the weekend is possibly, with 10 do able the next week. Would leave me with 10 and the Librarians. We will see how hard I can keep the brush down.

Best,

Paul

First squad is done minus assembly, washes, and a little post-wash painting. Got the Librarians assembled and green stuff is curing. Will file down and am hoping to prime tomorrow.

Next 10 knights have their bone on. Green is next.

Paul

20/40 have reached the point of washing and final assembly. Going to move onto the next 10 before bed. Plenty of good house to put down paint. If i get 3-4 colors done that will get me most of the way on the next 10. At that point I will need to switch over to their bases and get them knocked out so i can get them all finished.

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130817_204927_zpsc46bd425.jpg

This was taken before the previous post was made - all 40 Knights.  This is their state previous to this post.

I got all the bone and 85% of the green done last night for the next 10.  I need to pick the brush back up, finish the green, and put down Red, and then move onto the Metallics.  Hopefully I can find some motivation this morning. 

Best,

Paul

Archived