New Painting log for Pbenner

Pbenner

30 knights ready for washes and final paints. Time to switch over to bases so I have something to put them on.

Will try to finish all 40 bases tonight and jump on a color or two for the last 10 before bed.

Paul

Bases need wash to dry and then to get static grass. All the pinning holes are drilled into the painted models, so we should be working on final assembly after getting the last 10 painted.

Woot.

Paul

Yup, without a doubt the Xenos and Heretics will be crushed. Debating on what gets done next and I am leaning towards Chaplain Dreadnoughts and Drop Pods.

Paul

ACK!

When I was looking at the parts that are laid out and all painted, I noticed that I didn't get the backs of the shields all detailed in, drat!.  I'll have to work on that tonight after I get the static grass on the bases so they can get dry and all that.  Oh well.  

Last 10 were started last night before bed, so hopefully by middle of the week they'll all be assembled and ready to go.  

Then it's time for the next project.  Clean the house!

Paul

The way I do my bases its much easier to paint them separate. I also pin their boots through the cork and down into the plastic underneath to make sure they don't rip off.

I also have a very unsteady hand. Its easier to get in at some details when not assembled.

Pins are mostly installed. I need new washes, one that I have has coagulated in the bottom. I can shake it back in, but it comes out weird. I am going to pick up a new container tomorrow.

Paul

30/40 are pinned, legs are washed, still need touch ups, and torsos are attached.  Robes are giving me problems that I need to overcome, but hopefully that won't take long.  

Want to get these all done before moving onto the last 10, now that I have everything I need.  

Paul

I am quickly approaching finished with the last 10 DWK.  I took some time today to start putting a little paint on the Dreadnought Drop Pods (one of them atleast) since I have the clamps I need to make sure they assemble right on order (should be here next week!!)  

I have also put a little more work into the Storm Eagles.  I want to get them painted so I can play with them in the near future.  I have a bunch of things that are closer, and I know I should do them first (Especially the Tanks that are primer + Bone colors), but we'll see where the motivation sits/stays. Still an uphill battle, but things are moving quickly as long as I keep the paint brush moving!

Hopefully pictures this week of the Knights!

Paul

Doing what I can.  

Hopefully with a little luck I can finish the remaining work on the DWK tonight.  They just need pinning, washes, and final assembly.  Shouldn't take me too long, but I do have to work tonight, so we'll see what happens.

I painted the raised areas of my Lucius Pattern Drop Pod (The Bone one) in Mithril Silver, and I really don't like the way that it looks.  I think I may switch it over to being green.  I'll try to take a picture for comparison when I get home.  It was a very light coat of paint, so it shouldn't be too hard to paint over.  

Other than that, not a lot has happened.  Not enough interest in the upcoming Apocalypse game has really limited the sizes of the forces, so I will not be playing over Labor Day Weekend.  I will probably be working on some modeling and painting if I know how I am, or I may end up working.  We'll see.

Paul

Legs are on the bases, and Torsos are on the legs.  Was working on pinning the arms last night before I had to sleep, but they should be done tonight, so i expect some pictures.  I need to take the whole army down and get new pictures again.  

Paul

You're pinning the plastic knight arms to the plastic knight bodies? That seems like a lot of unnecessary effort to me. Do you often play above tungsten floors on a high-gravity world?

No Cactus, I don't, but I don't like things breaking, so I am a little anal during assembly.  I pin anything that I can justify, including the majority of my other Terminators.  It adds time, but it also makes them more sturdy all said and done.

Paul

Testor's Plastic Cement breaks down plastic on a molecular level.  It's decent stuff, because as it cures the two pieces become one.  I don't prefer it because I've had issues in the past with it melting details or causing other damage if it gets even slightly out of hand.  

I use CA glue, which is almost as strong (stronger in some ways) and works on everything.  I still go for the pins because it makes me feel better about the models over all.

Best,

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130828_222036_zps7a45ff16.jpg

There we go.  Completed, 40 Deathwing Knights.  Still waiting on the Battle Foam to arrive for the 2nd 20 to be safely put away.  

The Mortis Dreadnought did not get it's full paint job, but with the last 10 DWK, I did paint the Forgeworld Dreadnought Arms.  They look pretty good.  Excited to see the ones I ordered in though.  I have the Dreadnought, just need to clip it out and clean it up.  

Next on the paint Tray is a Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.  I'll take a picture soon, but it's already been started.  

Paul

Bare minimum done on all three Dreadnought Drop Pods and they are assembled. I need to paint them but its just a lot of flat areas, nothing hard. I also painted two chaplain Dreadnoughts, so I need to get them finished up. The bases just need grass and they will be done. Productive couple of days painting for me.

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130831_205006_zpsde06a6d6.jpg

Two chaplain Dreadnoughts, finished painted.  I did not have any magnets the size I needed so I had to order them (3/16" x 1/32") and I used my Last (4) (3/16" x 1/16").  They will need a little paint after the magnets arrive for the arms and the Greenstuff cures on the arm joint.  I probably wouldn't have magnetized them, but when Forgeworld send me a bad Mark V Auto Cannon arm, they replaced it with a Mark IV Auto Cannon originally.  So they let me keep it and sent me what I actually needed.  I guess in the future if there is a time I want to take more ranged options I just need options for my Chaplain Dreadnoughts.  

I have been working off and on in the Lucius Pattern Drop Pod that I am doing up in Deathwing Colors.  I haven't started on the Dreadnought Chaplain's rides, but I expect to do them next.  I did just enough on them to finish their assembly.  I think the ramps are going to be the part I hate.  Bright Yellow in between raised black bars.  Ack.  Oh well.  

After that I will work on the Land Raiders that are in list 1.  Then it's onto List #2 :D

Paul

I was in the mood to build today, not paint.  I have managed to build the Land Raider Terminus Ultra to the point that it's ready for primer, and I've also got the two Ares that needed built done to the point that the Vindicator Cannon conversions are done and glued in place.  They'll need to cure over night before I can file down the plasti-card and green stuff to make the from all solid.  I'll also have to do the work on the Doze blade and a few other things yet, but they shouldn't take too much more time.  

I've got the two Land Raider Phoebos on the painting tray right now.  There is a lot of surface area on these so they're taking some time.  Nothing major though.  I'll finish these and hopefully be able to jump into the Terminus Ultras next.  

I'm going to try to get down to set the whole army up once all these Land Raiders and Drop Pods are painted up.  I'll get the nice camera out again.

Best,

Paul

Archived