New Painting log for Pbenner

Pbenner

Well,

I unexpectedly got to move at the end of April, so that put a damper on my plans, but that hasn't stopped me from vowing some models for ETL III and Titanus Belli;

I have the 12 chaplains primed, and the 5 librarians ready for primer.  I'm just wanting to make sure that I can prime enough stuff to not waste paint if I don't have to, so I'm working on prepping the Dreadnoughts for primer as well before I head out to do white.

Pictures coming on the Chaplains, probably after I manage to get the Librarians primed.

Paul

Hadn't been feeling well since Monday morning, so Yesterday I finally drug my ass into the Dr....

Guess who has a raging sinus infection that is rapidly progressing into Bronchitis.  I've been assigned "bed rest".  Due to the nature of the job, this means "Rest as much as your can from your office chair at home, and only worry about dealing with has to be dealt with.  

Since I'm obviously not getting out and about, I'm putting a little more time into getting some more models ready for this competition.

The Shadow Guard has made a request for brother to commit to double their previous vow;

In ETL I -  I vowed a meager 870 points. - (15) Terminators and a TDA Librarian

In ETL II - I vowed 5027 points.   - I was much more pleased with my work here; Total list here;  LINK

On to ETL:::

In ETL III - I have started my vow with the following, this is only the beginning.  

To re-cap; I have:

(5) Librarians in Terminator Armor with Force Weapons and Storm Bolters

(10) Int. Chaplains in TDA with Combi-Weapons and Crozious

(2) Int. Chaplains in TDA

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20140508_235336_zpsuysmnkde.jpg

in the ring so far.  This comes in at 2215 points.  

Since I've been on "bed rest" and I have this wonderful Lap Desk...

Venerable Dreadnought with Dual TL Auto Cannons

Contemptor Dreadnought with Dual CCW w/ Storm Bolters (+ CML)

Contemptor Dreadnought with CCW w/ Stormbolter and Heavy Conversion Beamer (+ CML) (x2)

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20140509_000239_zpss6eap1bs.jpg

These were still in bags from forgeworld (All of it, haha) a couple days ago.  Ready for primer now. (Can't do the fumes with this infection, probably next week).  Sadly, I didn't realize that one of the converstion beamers had it's focal tip broken off before I had it put together, and it's no where in the bag.  Asking FW for a replacement now.  

Land Raider Terminus Ultra (x2) (One is mostly primed, the other has a base coat on it only)

Land Raider Phoebos (x2)

These are sitting right below the above on the shelf, no picture left.

(2) Additional Terminator Librarians

(1) Additional Int. Chaplain in TDA

(1) Deathwing Command Squad

The Characters above are ready for primer, but I haven't picked up the Command Squad box as of yet.  I have most of the bits for it ready, picture soon.

*if* I can finish it, this will squeak me in at 54 points higher than last year.  Not quite what I was hoping to do, but a guy can dream I guess.  

Was a nice painting weekend, cycled through 6 or 7 paint pots working on all 17 models. Pick a color, do as much as you can, move on type of thing. I am doubting my ability to paint after this month, so am driving hard to complete these and a few other things.

Paul

They are quite possibly the single most bad ass looking dreadnought made. I have 7 of them. (Compared to 3 Mark V Dreads).

Hopefully Forgeworld has good news on my replacement piece for my Conversion Beamer. I would like to vow those two Dreads but cannot without all the pieces.

In other news I did manage to get that DW command squad box on the cheap, so I spent the evening preparing them for priming. At this point I am just waiting on glue to dry and the weather to get nicer and I will have them primed too.

Nightly update off.

Paul

Been a few days. 17 characters have a lot of detail, been working through it one pot of paint at a time. On track to have those wrapped up soon.

I got my new command squad box that I built primed. All thunder hammer and shields, one with PyroX's Banner, and one with a Zephyr Missile Launcher (the CML I use).

My two Phoebos Pattern Land Raiders that I had partly built are finished and ready for prime, they are next.

Still waiting on a replacement part from forgeworld for the third contemptor, but we will see what happens.

In the primed pile now;

(2) Land Raider Terminus Ultra

(2) Land Raider Phoebos

(1) Contemptor with Dual CCW and Storm Bolters

(1) Venerable Dreadnought with dual Auto Cannon

(5) Deathwing Terminators in Command Squad Load Out

Don't know what will happen, but we will see.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Painting is nearly complete for my 17 characters, thank the Emperor.  

I need to finish final assembly of the chaplains, but they are done other than that.  

The Librarians are done with the exception of heads and putting their arms on, those should be done very shortly.

Debating a second vow at this point, but we'll see what happens.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, didn't update this for the command squad, but they went together so fast, oh well.

Next vow is a sizable chunk. ~1500 points, but 6 models.

I bought the last two metal Librarians I needed to have 4 to match the 4 metal chaplains, need to paint the last one yet.

After my vow the last of what to paint for the Deathwing:

(4) Metal Librarians

(1) Metal Chaplain

(2) Relic Contemptors w/Heavy Conversion Beamer and CCW

(2) Storm Eagles - These are based and washed, but lots of details to go and final assembly needed.

I am really thinking it might be time to look at a Super Heavy to be my Army's Center. Leading towards a Thunderhawk...

Updates to come as available.

Paul

Hi Larhendiel,

Currently in my army, all but (4) Chaplains have capes (the metal GW ones don't have a good option, and I'm no sculptor), all of my Sargent models have them, as well as the Champion, and one of my Librarians.  Not everyone will have a cape, no, but I've got more than my fair share I think.  When they were cheap on ebay at launch, I bought like 10 of them and have just kind of collected from there.  

The middle contemptor should be done today with any luck, it's part of my most recent ETL vow.  He is looking good, I think I'm happy with his pose, but I had better be because it's too late to change it now.  The mortis on the far left of that image is trucking right along too.  I expect them to be done shortly, then it will be on to the four land raiders.

Paul 

Terminus Ultras are trucking (tanking?) right along. Sponsons are all painted, including getting all the Las cannon casings painted red, and they have their wash to appear grundy. One of the chassis got their wash last night, I need a fresh pot of Ironbreaker paint to do the treads and the other dark metal details.

The other two Mars Pattern haven't been started, but I suspect once the Terminus Ultras are done they will be a walk in the park.

Paul

• 1 month later...

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20140716_185335_zpse3fzmsek.jpg

Top shelf is older stuff, bottom shelf is models completed during ETL III. Was a fun run, but I am done. Working on completing some stuff that is partly to mostly done that needs completed. First up, Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.

Paul

Winter Preperations must begin...

So I'm going to make a valiant effort at getting the remainder of the DA painted over the winter.  Right now, that includes;

(1) Azreal

(1) Ezekial

(1) Asmodai (Older metal model)

(5) DV Librarians (1 to be represented with a PFG)

(1) Company Master in Power Armor (Standard Sculpt, but metal)

(1) Company Master in Power Armor (LTD Sculpt from 2007 Army Box, metal)

(25) Power Armored DA in robes (Will be a Command Squad with Dakka Pole and 2 Tactical Squads)

(2) Rhinos

(1) AoBR Dread that has been mounted with dual Auto Cannons

I would like to purchase a couple more things to go with the above before the end of winter.  Primarily this is going to be another (20) Robed Power Armor marines, and possibly a Rhino.  Maybe a couple of RWBK boxes if I'm feeling froggy.

On top of the above, I have a bunch of Codex Marine stuff that needs done up too.  Probably try to prep that as well, and then some Xenos stuff that needs done for my little brother...

Paul

• 4 months later...

Blah,

Been in a painting funk most of the year, I haven't painted anything. Hell, I haven't done much modeling in general. So, started getting back on it yesterday. Didn't accomplish a lot, but I am working my way through painting the remainder of my Storm Eagles, as they are the next to last large items that are needing paint.

The list is damned thin on the Deathwing Front...

(2) Storm Eagles

(1) Int. Chaplain in TDA

(1) Land Raider Crusader

(3) Lucius Drop Pod

And I think that's the extent on it. I am deating the acquisition of a pair of regular Dreadnoughts, as I already have the Mortis Las Cannons for them, and would order the Mortis Missile Launchers when I got them, so we will see.

There is an update.

Paul

• 6 months later...

Well,

First painting I have cared to do in a long time. I finally got around to finishing a couple of Storm eagles. I will post some pictures later.

Paul

Archived