[40k-Smarines] Sons Of Horus v2.0

princetyty

Hello to all;) I'am french, sorry for my bad english :s

As explain in the previous subject I stopped my armed previous one, and I present you the new project today, some modifications were to plan, and I am to impose this guideline:

- the purpose is to represent an army of war master during the period of the heresy , between istvaan 3 and the siege of terra. pre black legion

- strength of the 1st company just to be able to play the justaerins, the reavers in black armors and Abaddon, complementarya in 5 eme company lead by Horus Aximand, the last 2 representatives of the mournival.

One will have whose allies of the méchanicus a heterogeneous strength, no limitation on the list of army, it will have certainly there to represent the narrow links between war master  and mars

- equipped to typify chaotic, spades(pikes,lances), trophies, cranes, version 'brutal'('rough'), hanging furs to remind the origins and offer highly-rated one tribal, chaines...

-Battles present packings down without making it too much

- urban base, to represent the siege of terra.

- use of the eye of horus on many figurine, that brings of the color and that details, purchase of pastille or makes 'ball' in green stuff...

- Massive use of bitz (kromlech, maxmini, pupetswars) to change ordinary mk 4, give details, the purpose it is to get closer to the max of collected vision

- arm plasma in orange (for the contrast), energy weapon with a blue halo.

- optics orange pigment, I hesitate to make of the osl 

The strength will be coherent at the visual level, I would try to get closer as much as possible to illustrations of the book ' colleted vision ', the only distance which I am going to make will be that the color, my purpose that goes etre to have this :

Figurine was painted by "Sten", I invite you  to read the story of the discovery of the mixture of this color on my blog:http: // salaisefigurine.blogspot.fr/2013/08/ces t-lhistoire-dune-couleur.html

Concerning the list of purchase, it is the most expensive project which I began, I have not do the calculation (because I want of cried), but has there at least 800 euros of slammed already, approximately 200 euros only bitz, 150 in paint(painting), and remain it in figurines...

WELL! That it is made, after the wall of text, photo :

The kit ' the energy armor through time ', which is going to serve as test model 

A squad with volkite caliver, I added battles packings down to the cutter and to the drill with hand:

Hesitate not to comment, it is the beginning of the project, has things there which we can change still, hesitate not to criticize also, it is like that that we move forward! 

For more information and photo my blog: http://salaisefigurine.blogspot.fr/

Hello;)

Then the advances of the project! 

I am create a can of paint for my mixture of green: 

I am on my first figurine, I put the color in the airbrush, ink black in hollows and highlighting of edge), the result:

look good, no?

My facebook page with more photo : https://www.facebook.com/salaisefigurine

Such awesome, awesome models.

Awesome start so far.

Ive always liked that picture at the beginning of your post. Though I cringe every time I see the Astartes below the officer with his weapon pointed at said officers head. ND anyone?

Haha, I'd never noticed that. "Fight for Horus! Kill the False Emperor's dogs! Skin their families! Drown their kitt-"Just...shut up, Arthur. Seriously."

I'm gonna say right off I love your paint style, and the colors are great. I love the battle damage and the coversions and little individual touches on the models.

But the weapon blasts are fairly awful on the Volkite and plasma weapons. It literally turned your Contemptor's right arm into some kind of strange Nerf weapon or Water balloon launcher. And the blast doesn't really fit the description of how Volkie weapons work either.

Your models are fantastic, but the blast effect completely ruins the overall aesthetic. I've never been a fan of those "firing effect" add ons because they look fairly cartoony and nothing like real weapons fire. But those ones with the little balls on them are expecially bad.

Hello ! My news catulans reavers squad!! hope you like it

What kit is that head from?

Bitz from kromlech !

more photos on my blog http://salaisefigurine.blogspot.fr/

I believe those are Kromlech bedlam fraternity helmets. They were designed for noise marines, but they look great on SoH.

Also - really good looking army. Fantastic battle damage and weathering, really impressive. I personally don't like the armourcast muzzle flashes even when they're well painted, but everything else is top-notch.

Hello

After a few days of painting I have just finished my squad of catulans reavers! A good small kit, dynamic poses... 

The unit was painted in the colors of 1 er company:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived