WIP: Marneus Calgar + Honour Guard

Ultrad81

Hi all

I've had this squad sitting in my 'to do' pile for a while now, and I reckon its time to bite the bullet and crack on with them. Little bit nervous - I love the models and hope I can do them justice unsure.png Still, its a metal pack, so if I completely screw up I can always crack out the Dettol and start again...!

Here's the basecoated squad (just for completeness):

gallery_61085_8753_14372.jpg

..and here's the guard with most of the base colours done, and a few very basic highlights. I tend to start dark and work upwards.

gallery_61085_8753_15074.jpg

I got a bit ahead of myself with the banner - just glad I don't have to freehand it!

gallery_61085_8753_214850.jpg

More to follow, and I'll post some photos of the big guy as he comes on. In the meantime, any comments and suggestions welcome! smile.png

• 1 month later...

Wow! Thanks for the comments guys :) :)

I've done a little more work on these, so thought I'd update with where I am now. First up the Veterans...

med_gallery_61085_8753_41061.jpg

Basic first highlights mostly done. Not entirely sure why I haven't got round to the first guy's axe yet.

Ancient and Champ...

med_gallery_61085_8753_93630.jpg

Again first highlights mostly done. Annoyingly, I appear to have mislaid the champion's right hand, and fear it may have been hoovered up by our well-meaning lodger. I couldn't bring myself to replace it with a spare gun hand, so I ended up re-ordering the entire model just to get the spare part. That'll teach me to keep a tidier desk :(

Finally, the big guy...

med_gallery_61085_8753_46458.jpg

Still quite a lot to do yet, but was pleased that iPhoto when recognised his face as a face for tagging purposes!

Hopefully I'll update again soon. As always comments + suggestions welcome!

Thanks Telencephalon!  

Shading was a 50:50 Regal Blue and Black mix.  Base coat was then Regal Blue, and so far highlights are Regal Blue+Ultramarine followed by pure Ultramarine.  For the next set of highlights I'll add Space Wolves Grey to the Ultramarines Blue.

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I updated this thread! Have been busy with work over the last couple of months, but finally got time to sit down and finish them. Here are the results:

gallery_61085_8753_55505.jpg

Veterans (first one possibly my favourite space marine model of all time):

med_gallery_61085_8753_59489.jpg

med_gallery_61085_8753_50941.jpg

Ancient:

med_gallery_61085_8753_66686.jpg

Champion:

med_gallery_61085_8753_4774.jpg

...and the big guy:

med_gallery_61085_8753_18113.jpg

Had loads of fun painting these and pretty pleased with how they've turned out. As always any comments, suggestions or (constructive) criticism gladly received smile.png

Archived