Scars Episode XI Updated 16/10 (Spoilers)

Kinda disappointed in that aspect. So Wolves are still stuck in an asteroid belt, the Alpha Legion are hunting them down, and that's that. Hmph. Unresolved plot, ahoy!

I think it's worth considering how the Alpha Legion held the Scars in place so they'd receive the message from Terra and also whether this means Alpharius is in 2 minds about helping the Cabal/ensuring Horus wins.  I remember Omegon basically telling the Cabal to do one in The Serpent Beneath novella so this could be an interesing plot for a future novel.

Alpharius is the loyal one to Horus, Omegon is the one whose had second thoughts, I think he's pro the third outcome which has the Imperium stagnating, I get the feeling he doesn't trust what the Cabal showed him, at least I don't think he buys into the idea that it's a definitive version of what will happen.

I kind of got the impression it was the other way round.  Like in Deliverance Lost, the interaction between Horus and Alpharius is icy at best and then the thing with Omegon, I agree that he's not down with the Cabal but he still attacked a squad of White Scars and seemed pretty down with the whole rebellion.

In Legion it's pretty clear that Alpharius is reluctantly throwing his lot in the Cabal to ensure the end to Choas and you then even have the Alpha Legion working with Eisenhorn in Pariah.

Adding to that further, I'm sure I heard some fluff about Alpharius having an epiphany and realising the error of his way and embarking on a penitence style crusade.

It is confusing but then it is the Alpha Legion!

It's Omegon who orders the destruction of the Tenebrae Installation in Serpent Beneath, it's also his forces that investigate the White Scars at the end of the Serpent Beneath. It also turns out that the White Scars killed by the Alpha Legion in Serpent Beneath were Lodge Members anyway, or at least commanded by one, whether that was just a matter of luck or planned though isn't explained.

That's a good point, so Omegon's squad did actually kill traitor Scars then.  I had already made the link when reading Scars but didn't really consider Omegon's lot killing them.

There's defo a lot to consider and I think their plot in particular is going to prove to be interesting.  I just wouldn't go as far as to say that Alpharius is loyal to Horus, I think it could be viewed as indecision on the AL's part or maybe we'll just never know fully who they declare for.

I know it's looking like Eisenhorn could be Choas (it's either him or Ravenor) but we can't overlook the AL involvement in Pariah even if it is 40K, i personally don't think Eisenhorn will turn Choas which means the AL are helping the Imperium.

May the AL become split down the middle?! it could happen.

The Alpha Legion are totally secretly helping the Imperium.

All those Chaos granted mutations? Helping the Imperium!

The daemon princes that ascended from their ranks? Helping the Imperium!

Wiping out Chapters like the Crimson Consuls and Genesis? Helping the Imperium!

Thank the Four the XX aren't "helping" the Traitor Legions. We got enough problems.

I honestly think the AL just want to wipe out the imperium and chaos.

Mankind is the biggest problem so wipe them all out, that's the philosophy my devils brigade AL have. The astrates are the problem they caused everything wrong with 40k

The Emperor and the Eldar aren't Astartes, though.

Neither are Necrons, Orkz, or the Nid Hivemind.

It says something about the setting when there are no less than three omnicidal alien hordes PLUS Lovecraftian Hellgods and their followers ruining everything for everybody.

Well I'm pretty sure at this point that Omegon and Co. are helping the Imperium. They're actively working against Alpharius. Will this splinter of Alpha Legion get wiped out by the end of the Heresy? I don't know, we'll have to see. I do think there's going to be a Civil War within the Legion. So a Civil War within a Civil War, because you KNOW that Horus is going to hear about what happened which means the jig is up for Omegon to carry on a secretive war.

But the astrates were the problem in 30k the primarchs had the sway but the astrates were the main military force. The word bearers sons of Horus and to a lesser extent the thousand sons were the issue.

Mort just hated tyrants but was still loyal, iirc it took slot from Horus to sway him. Angron turned because he had no issue with it as his brothers were rebelling horus would never have turned if Savin hadn't occurred. And if the emp just let the WB do their thing lorgar would never have searched for another god.

Magnus just needed to :cuss up and listen to his father for once but no he knows best just like every teenager

The Alpha Legion are totally secretly helping the Imperium.

All those Chaos granted mutations? Helping the Imperium!

The daemon princes that ascended from their ranks? Helping the Imperium!

Wiping out Chapters like the Crimson Consuls and Genesis? Helping the Imperium!

Thank the Four the XX aren't "helping" the Traitor Legions. We got enough problems.

So eloquently put thanks.gif

There's loads of evidence to suggest that it's not a foregone conclusion, we were discussing how the Primarchs are for and against not the entire Legion as a whole. Hence the the last comment where I said that the AL could be split down the middle or adding to that maybe even splintered. Given that they have 2 Primarchs I wouldn't expect the whole Legion to be 'for' the Imperium.

Hopefully Penitent by Abnett will reveal to us what the deal is with the Alpha Legionary appearing in Pariah. Maybe my love for Eisenhorn is blinding me and he is now Chaos cry.gif

Schrodinger's Legion. Unless it is unequivocally declared by someone and set down as utter truth, which will never happen, every Alpha Legion character is Alpharius, Omegon and Random Aloha Legionnaire at the same time.

Doesn't Omegon refer to himself as Omegon though from his point of view?

The Alphas are serious method-actors.

Ranko consumes Omegon's blood, which makes him percieve the world as Omegon. Or something like that.

Doesn't Omegon refer to himself as Omegon though from his point of view?

I believe "the narrator" of the story uses Omegon for him. I don't think he himself says "I'm Omegon" anywhere but due to him having Omegon's blood in him that's enough to make the others believe him to be the primarch until the effect wears off. Ranko is also said to be the most visually like the primarch as well...

God I hate the way Alpha Legion is written. I'm all for complexity and plot twists but the way they have been written, its like a convenient deus ex machina that the writers can abuse anytime they want by suddenly declaring a nearby Legionaire "I am Alpharius" and then backstab everyone, loyalists, traitors, even their own legion. Sick and tired of that bull. To me its not ingenious, its lazy writing.

I think everyone is sufficiently confused at this point Alpha Legion's stand is in all this madness. For a Legion that is supposedly secretly against chaos, they are extremely chaotic themselves. yeah they're supposed to be like Hydras, but at this point, the hydra's heads are trying to each each other, even the two biggest heads.

My only consolation is that no matter what they do, in the end the universe will be screwed anyway, along with their legion and themselves who wil be just as Chaos corrupted as any other legion.

God I hate the way Alpha Legion is written. I'm all for complexity and plot twists but the way they have been written, its like a convenient deus ex machina that the writers can abuse anytime they want by suddenly declaring a nearby Legionaire "I am Alpharius" and then backstab everyone, loyalists, traitors, even their own legion. Sick and tired of that bull. To me its not ingenious, its lazy writing.

I think everyone is sufficiently confused at this point Alpha Legion's stand is in all this madness. For a Legion that is supposedly secretly against chaos, they are extremely chaotic themselves. yeah they're supposed to be like Hydras, but at this point, the hydra's heads are trying to each each other, even the two biggest heads.

My only consolation is that no matter what they do, in the end the universe will be screwed anyway, along with their legion and themselves who wil be just as Chaos corrupted as any other legion.

To be fair, how often has the '"I am Alpharius" *backstab*' thing been used? I can't recall any, especially outside the AL stories...

I really like the AL as written so far. I often consider making a legion of them but I often consider making lots of legions and it's hard to nail one down.

Archived