Target Priority

Sohail187

Collecting Objectives? The only one that can actually be picked up is "The Relic". The rest he has to camp on with a scoring unit and you get to contest them.

Camping? Pshaw. Camping is for the poor saps like us who aren't lucky enough to have scoring bikers (Which, to be fair, are also found in Codex Marines, Orks, and Dark Angels). Move 12" and turbo-boost and you don't have to care about objectives until turn 5. Eldar just have it even better because Eldar Jetbikes > Normal bikes.

It's not... exactly eldar players fault that Bike may be the best unit type in the game at the moment. And they've always had jetbikes. And taking away the assault move from them during the update would have been like taking away counter attack from us. It's fundamental to the Eldar jetbike.

(For the record, Troops in fliers also work well for skipping objective sitting. But other than them, nothing that's guaranteed to score has the same mobility bikes do)

Ok one of the relics from the iyanden supplement is called the 'wraithforge stone' and during each movement phase allows you to chose a wraithlord or knight within 6" and on a 3+ they get 1 wound back.

The spirit seers have to take a different primaris power, basically giving battle focus and furious charge to wraith guard.

Of the warlord traits one allows you to reroll all failed saving throws until you fail a reroll then you lose the ability. Another can give you d-3 rerolls to use on anything.

Just what I garnered from a quick look earlier. I have a copy but not really looked at it before.

Sort of- theres an item called the Wraithforge stone. It has to be carried by a character, and it allows them to give a wound back to a Wraithknight or Wraithlord on a 3+, not a 2+. They have to be within 6" though...

Sounds to me like you got hosed or more than likely he doesn't know how to interpret his own dex.

Next time you play him, bring arjac or proxy a thunderhammer / storm shield wolf guard if you don't have arjac and a Rune Priest with JOTWW. Watch his face when you Jaws Wraithknight off the table. Then try to Jaws those high INI characters. They don't get a look out sir from Jaws and no saving throw either. If they roll high they are gone too. If you line up the Rune Priest right you can even manage to force a INI Test on several of those Wraithguard.

brothers, i really need some help.

At a local club of mine, this eldar player is a great opponent and tough to beat. He uses *Bob* (Wraithnight) along side a high level farseen on jet bike. I have not read the eldar codex so i do not understand everything that happens. But this is the story The jet bike farseer has a 2 up vunerable which he can reroll. So i ignore this but he goes round the battlefield beefing stuff up, it will take to much fire power to get him down. The wraithknight will loose 3-4 wounds in a turn of shooting.... but on a 2+ the wraithknight gets a wound back every turn?

If i ignore the wraithknight it beats my troops over and over again, if i focus the farseer on jetbike it takes to much fire power and his normal units just go untouched. if i focus his other units (wave serpents) i just cannot get through his amour due to 3+ inv saves. If i leave the serpants they do like 12 s hots each or something stupid. 

i got no fricking idea what to do here.

A few points, based on the vanilla eldar dex, I am not entirely sure if Iyanden changes it.

Eldar is one of my armies.

The jetseer sounds like he may have the mantle of the laughing god on, which gives him a pretty wily cover save, its a 40 point upgrade, and makes his jet/zoom save a pain.

A wraithknight only gets back wounds if there is a warlock or a wraithseer nearby casting renew on the thing.  It is toughness 8, has a 3+ armor stock, if it takes a shimmer shield it gets a 5++, but has to take a suncannon or a glaive.  One of the guy's I played with used the arjac/JWW strategy against mine, knocking it out in turn 1.  I suggest it for dealing with the WK.  As for seers, bolterfire saturation is the way to go, or weapons that take away cover saves.

i am so excited to try this! on the weekend. got this big CHEESEY grin on my face!!! revenge msn-wink.gif

Here are a few tips to get one over on the elves from the sons of Fenris.

Eldar are a really REALLY fragile army, T3 is easily squashed... autocannons, assault cannons, anything strength 6 or better will make them pop like eggs dropped off a building.

Cover denying weapons make eldar players cry. I know this personally. Got a ranger problem? flamer or Heavy flamer is your solution.

Jetbikes are a pain if you are pllaying objective because they can flat out turbo boost across the table and gain an objective at the last minute, they are scoring troop choices and make the eldar T4 (the ones on the bikes anyway). Its one of hte keys to their mobility. Tie them up, knock them down, beat em up,

The wave serpent is best killed by hull point stripping. It will eat your S10 large blast template for lunch on a 2+ and have melta for dessert on the same role... remember that if they used their "serpent shield attack" that wave serpent cannot claim the serpent power field save (2+ makes a pen a glance, no modifiers).

If an eldar vehicle didn't move, hit it as hard as you can. Almost all Eldar vehicles can take holofields now, which give a +1 to cover save if moved... no move? No save.

Be wary of avatars and any exarch that has disarming strike, esp if you want to fight him with a high cost character, Logan won't feel so good when he can't use the morkai axe becaue of disarming strike.

fire dragons WILL kill your tanks, terminators, leaders, especially if taken en mass, though they are expensive like lawyers. Dark Reapers will cut through 3+ armor quickly. Do the ork thing and shoot the fighty stuff, fight the shooty stuff.

Don't trust your terminator armor to keep you safe from any and all eldar aspects - scorpion exarchs get power fists, AT INITIATIVE, If a warlock Jinxes you, your armor save is effectively 3+ for the turn and banshees have open season on you. Plasma is cheap, plentiful, doesn't get hot, and is accurate. Most fearsome is the bladestorm and monofilament rules, as it turns a relatively innocuous gun into AP2 and AP1 respectively on a wound role of 6.

Remember that their fliers are AV 10, you can bolter them to death.

Eldar weapons are very pin-test happy. If logan is pinned, he can't kick people, same for the rest of your units. Avoid getting too many units pinned at once if at all possible.

The wraithknight is a giant point sink and get tarpitted easy.

Kill the farseers and warlocks asap. It will prevent shenanigans.... and above all re farseers:

USE YOUR RUNE STAFF NULLIFY ON A 4+ if within 24 as often and as aggressively as possible. Currently we are the only army with a 50% shot with stock priests, and a 2/3 chance with Njal to shut down ALL psychic activity within 24 in of the bearer. Its sick, and it makes my elves sad.

Thanks for that :) detailed breakdown its just the new codex which has got one over me.

In regards to the rune priest rune staff 4+ nullify spells. If i have 2 rune priests within 24" can i attempt to nullify twice?

In regards to flamers you are not wrong, i read else where flamers were the way to go, will be giving that a shot.

Thanks for that smile.png detailed breakdown its just the new codex which has got one over me.

In regards to the rune priest rune staff 4+ nullify spells. If i have 2 rune priests within 24" can i attempt to nullify twice?

In regards to flamers you are not wrong, i read else where flamers were the way to go, will be giving that a shot.

No, you can't use multiple runic weapons for multiple chances. You also don't get to use a deny the witch roll or wolf tail talisman if you try to use the runic weapon. All three are mutually exclusive, although, to avoid arguments, just leave the wolf tail talisman at home. It works really, really weirdly compared to Deny the witch*

*Deny the witch merely protects a squad from the effects**; if there are multiple targets like with a Nova or Maelstrom power, each squad gets a seperate deny the witch roll, and all those who fail are affected. Only one WTT can be used, and the other units forfeit their deny the witch if it's used... But it will completely and totally shut the psychic power off, including other affects it might have that aren't tied to hitting with the power.

** Exception; Blast Witchfire powers target a single model. If that model passes the deny the witch roll, the power fails as it has no target. But if it fails the deny the witch roll and the blast then scatters onto a new unit, that unit doesn't get a deny the witch roll. Non-intuitive, I know.

One more thing i would like to run past you guys. 

Now Jaws, it says is a shooting attack, and you do a straight line any models ect..ect.. Is the grey hunter pack that the rune priest is with still free to shoot at any target after this has been casted? 

I am fairly sure that a psychic power does determine what the rest of the unit the psychic has joined will be shooting at. 

That farseer is going to get a heftY deny the witch (4+) something to think about when considering whether or not to chance missing out on an INI 1 Wraithknight. Might be better to make a list of 5 drop pods and bring that third one down in turn 1 just to bolter the farseer. If he is on a jetbike (which he should be) and in a squad of Jetbikes put a Wolf Guard in Termi Armour and a heavy flamer and another flamer greyhunter and to ignore their fancy cover save.

I previously made another post about the possibility of using 5 pods, just give me 2 long fang units 2 pods, so my main 3 units come down turn 1. Only issue with that is, i actually need to own 5 pods only got 3 :) 

If that was the case i could defo bolt the farseer down with a squad of 10 gh and may be one more unit to hit it incase it needs to be finished of. Then no deny the witch. However following this weeked i will defo be back here to let you know how it went down! fingers crossed!

I wouldnt bolter the farseer- Id mess up his day, badly with a different unit entirely. If you can find the firepower to spare that is. In particular assault cannons and plasma are big threats to the seer, as theyll instakill him. With bolters.... if he hasnt moved yet... youre looking at 48 shots *on average* to drop him. If theyve moved or otherwise have that 2+ cover save going you can double that again to 96 shots on average.

Murderous Hurricane wouldnt be a complete waste, but you might find better targets for it elsewhere- that 4+ deny the witch is tough- though if hes joined to a unit, go for it!

Also, its not common but farseers CAN take an item that lets them deny the witch on a 2+ once per game, called runes of warding. Once a game. Be on the lookout for it though.

Well, the main issue with killing the farseer is that they're independant characters. Which means they've got Dire Avengers or Windrider jetbikes (or occasionally, seer councils) to throw under the bus. Of course, sometimes this leads to hillarious results, like the time an entire unit of Dire Avengers ended up dogpiling prince Yriel to save him from the wrath of my grey hunters fire (And thing is, it was entirely due to Look Out, Sir!, as I could only see Prince Yriel and maybe the dire avenger next to him)).

Archived