Target Priority

Sohail187

tbh his play style, the farseer is not close to any units. Just flys about casting spells......
I read this and immediately thought of a fairy flying around spreading pixie dust over the eldar army.

Still, if you are looking at killing the Farseer, I think you'd be better off getting psychic powers to bolster your squad. If you have your heart set on SW powers, Murderous Hurricane, as has been said is a good idea, as it has a (usually) large number of attacks with a 4+ to wound, most of the time.

if he's running the farseer solo, how about a droppod with logan and a pack of missile launcher toting Long Fangs? drop down turn one, making the unit relentless with logan, and blast that T4 elf to kingdom come with S8 missiles, 5 of em just to be on the safe side :)

Yes well, when you claim 2 + invul reroll which i now know should be 3+. And after alot of you have cleared up some of the eldar rules i feel alot more confident that his army is not unbeatable :)

The logan grimnar idea with launchers... yes that would proberbly work, but i think long fangs can do the same job from my own table edge :p.

Jarl Deathwolf you made me chuckle so loud in the office hehe :p I read this and immediately thought of a fairy flying around spreading pixie dust over the eldar army.

ye well, he was using that spell jinx on himself which i now know he does not have access too!!! 

Heh, protect/jinx only works on armor saves, not invulnerable saves. As a heads up.

So Terminator armor becomes power armor- but keeps the 5++, belt of russ and stormshields are unaffected, being in a ruin doesnt change, etc.

Well this is what he told me... "my normal save is 4+ inv i moved its 3+ and jinx (which technically he shouldnt have) 2+

In regards to the protect/jinx i only noticed last night it was armor saved only not inv. After going through the eldar codex, the amount of stuff you need to keep track of is just insane. 

Well this is what he told me... "my normal save is 4+ inv i moved its 3+ and jinx (which technically he shouldnt have) 2+

In regards to the protect/jinx i only noticed last night it was armor saved only not inv. After going through the eldar codex, the amount of stuff you need to keep track of is just insane. 

My best guess is this guy doesn't understand that Cover Saves and invulnerable saves are not the same thing.

Meh, you get used to it.

The jetbike gives him a 3+ armor save, and protect can bump that to a 2+ armor save... the farseer is really a decently tough nut to crack.

Of course with the bike, a spear, and the stone youre looking at about 170pts, so he should be good and survivable eh?

Oh! Theres a thing, make sure hes only taking relics from C:Eldar OR C:Iyanden, not both. You are simply not allowed to take them from both.

It's not really that much more, it's just that Marines share a lot between codexes, so when you're playing against another marine player, even if you haven't read their codex, you still have a pretty good idea of what all their rules do.

Russ himself would have been proud of the revenge served today hmm taste soooo good...... i rolled with 5 pods, 2 empty. Turn 1 4 termies arjac, 19 GH and a rune priest drop. 

Arjac hits, wounds and drops WK to I1. combi plasma took 3W, so he only had 2 left any way. I cast Jaws hits the farseer on jetbike first he passes the Initiative test, however WK DROPS! Bolter fire from the GH units + plasma gun finish farseer off. The 2 units which stressed me out 2 games in a row! dead turn 1. Same turn i managed to drop his waveseph carrying wraithguard, and all the wraithguard + seer init. 

I killed like 550-600pts turn 1. Having those 2 empty pods, allowing everything to come down turn 1 just devastating.

Archived