504th Company, VII Legiones

Larkyn

Yup, another Imperial Fist plog.

I'm going to try and put my own unique spin on my Fists though, starting with this guy:

He's still WIP, and I'm not completely sold on the bronze, but I think once I get my weathering powders, and do a bit more shading, it'll look pretty nice.

And yes, I do have a Dorn.

This project is going to be VERY large.

The expected TO&E is going to be something like:

20-man Mk4 Tactical

20-man Mk3 Tactical

20-man Mk2 Tactical

20-man Mk4 Despoiler

20-man Mk3 Breacher

20-man "Real" Breacher

20-man Mk4 Assault

10-man Plasma Support

10-man Destroyer

10-man Seeker

10-man Recon

10-man Cataphractii

10-man Cataphractii

5-man Tartaros

I changed the bronze to black, as it was not getting along with the yellow. I have now finished the Termie, with the exception of weathering and sealing. I'm still working out how to best use the weathering powders.

I started work on a librarian, which I'm using the Sevrin Lok model for. 

I also picked up a few things on ebay that I'm eagerly waiting for.

I present to you, Dorn's Huscarls Command Squad:

These three are the "Challenge Mooks". They'll be taking the brunt of the challenges that are thrown at me.

While this guy wallops in at I1 to get kills.

Then of course, the banner.

And then this guy, just because I had him done too. Heavy Support Squad sergeant.

And then my WIP Praetor:

I'm finding the yellow EXTREMELY easy. Prime using Daemonic Yellow, wash with Seraphim Sepia, layer with Flash Gitz Yellow.

I second what Arenis said, the black edging makes him look like he's from the Dornian Heresy and not 30k. Go with some gunmetal trim to contrast the yellow. like so:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JY_edHwxE8M/UNlP6xjaDhI/AAAAAAAACi8/Y7Eq5K8OkKY/s320/Imperial+Fist+Pre+Heresy+Mk+3+Armor+c.JPG

Yeah, I'd thought the iron color, but I think black works better in my case.

The little bit of fluff I have for them is that the 504th is the maverick company. Always getting into trouble, and always the first to take major casualties. Black trim marks them out as being "cursed" by Rogal Dorn for being a bunch of jackmules.

Also, my inability to paint well, combined with a camera that's actually decent, makes it look worse than it is.

EDIT: Besides which, the "official" Pre-Heresy/Heresy era color scheme is black and yellow anyway.

Archived