Balthial's Angels of Absolution wip

Balthial

Hey everyone,

A couple of months ago I got back into the hobby (having played WHFB untill 6-7 years ago) when I went 50/50 on a Dark vengeance set with a buddy of mine. A couple of months of lurking in the shadows of internet forums, several different paint schemes, and an online "used-dark-angels" spending spree later: I have decided to go with the "Angels of Absolution" successor chapter, and am now (slowly) painting and building my army.

Now I have a tendency to jump from one unit to the next, to another, then back and to yet another... So a lot of my stuff is in varying stages of completion.

This combat squad is closest to completion at the moment:

med_gallery_73693_8789_66874.jpg

The quality of the foto is pretty bad (I will probably build a lightbox soon) and the highlights, which are hard to spot IRL are now almost invisible. I'm thinking about adding another highlight of pure white or a white/screaming skull mix, screaming skull over ushtabi bone does not really.. Pop. I also want to add some details to the bases and blackline sone of the armour panels.

Most of that is true for my company master:

med_gallery_73693_8789_7599.jpg

Although I will probably replace the mace head with something a bit more detailed and fitting for an HQ in the future, he usually jumps (or walks since I magnetised the backpack) around the battlefield with the Mace of Redemption so I'll leave it for now to keep him WYSIWYG

Then I have some more tactical marines that are about 40/50% done:

med_gallery_73693_8789_28787.jpg

Some Veterans with combi-meltas and a plasmagun:

med_gallery_73693_8789_89136.jpg

Oh.. And I'm also working on some vehicles;

Razorback/Rhino 1:

gallery_73693_8789_26159.jpg

Razorback/Rhino 2:

med_gallery_73693_8789_5603.jpg

Drop pod:

gallery_73693_8789_46436.jpg

Comments and critique are more then welcome,