Jedziah's Clan Sorrgol

Jedziah

• 5 months later...

Right been a long time!

Sadly I had a long, drawn out house move and it took some time to get everything up and running.

I decided that as I could now finally paint again, it was time to do the centrepiece to the army. I picked this up at Warhammer World with it being the premise of being the centre of the Armies on Parade display and I am hoping that I have done it some justice as it is a lovely model.

Presenting Lux Ultima, the herald of Clan Sorrgol:

med_gallery_74072_8813_566457.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_677858.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_13047.jpg

Hope you like. More coming soon!

-Jed

Thats a fantastic looking tank. You should be proud to own it

Have you thought about brightening the green lenses to make them look lit and to give the model a colour to focus on? Think how the silver an black of necrons look brighter when they have their weapons.

very nice all

how are you doing your snow? its not Games workshop stuff is it ?

Thanks ppotts 

It's a mixture of two pigments,  Forgeworld Black Soot and Vallejo's Snow white.

I studied settled snow on vehicles before doing my IH and generallly it tends to get pretty mucky quite quickly so the mixture of the two keeps a nice medium between looking cold and icy whilst being caked in the engine grease.

Thats a fantastic looking tank. You should be proud to own it

Have you thought about brightening the green lenses to make them look lit and to give the model a colour to focus on? Think how the silver an black of necrons look brighter when they have their weapons.

Thanks UltraRich. I'll try and get some pictures up which are not saturated to hell (my camera phone is pants). Funnily enough, every lens but one is bright green in the flesh and one is bright red!

• 2 weeks later...

Shorter update today for the clan.

Added in the quintessential Ironclad Dreadnought.

med_gallery_74072_8813_166597.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_236577.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_163184.jpg

Hope you like.

One more squad of Sternguard is in line to paint and then I need some doors for the Land Raider Crusader.

But before all that...It's drop pod and Contemptor Dread time.

• 5 weeks later...

Centurions Photos as Requested:

med_gallery_74072_8813_206626.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_961092.jpg

And new today, finally painted up the Predator. This guy sees the front line a lot so he's a bit more mucky than the Fellblade :)

med_gallery_74072_8813_1249655.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_117021.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_147636.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_1054371.jpg

wow nice work here, and welcome to the forum! My favourite are the sternguard, they look boss. The weathering on the vehicles looks great, how'd you do that?

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the comments!

I mentioned it above but to re-iterate for the weathering:

It's a mixture of two pigments,  Forgeworld Black Soot and Vallejo's Snow white.

These are applied with a mix of gloss varnish and then I use my airbrush to apply Deneb Stone ( No Idea was the new one is called, I still have 2 pots of this to go!) watered down to maybe 1:10/1:15 very lightly over it. It dries like with a dusty effect as you can see.

I like the heat colorization on the predator's barrels, what's your technique?

Thanks Heinrich.

That technique was actually straight out of the FW Imperial Armour Masterclass book which is really awesome.

the TLDR in case you cannot get a hold of it is as follows:

1) Drybrush 3/4 of the barrell muzzle with Troll Slayer Orange (or any bright orange)

2) Drybrush 1/2 the barrel with a mid red (I used Mephiston)

3) Drybrush the barrel tip with a medium blue (Enchanted or equivalent for this one)

4) Wash with a watered down Reikland Flesh shade

5) Finish with a gloss varnish to the tip give the look it is still hot.

Hope that helps

Another ride today.

This is going to be the ride for a very very hefty squad up an coming which arrived today!

med_gallery_74072_8813_73488.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_809689.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_317333.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_532247.jpg

Hope you like. Got a lot to get through before our big big game for my Birthday at Warhammer World later in May :)

So I received my limited edition Space Marine captain with a mind of what I wanted him to be in the army. With some added Mk III bits I have kitbashed him into my Command Squad Standard Bearer.

med_gallery_74072_8813_681713.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_194584.jpg

Hoping to get the Contemptor finished tomorrow.

Full steam ahead!

Got a week off now so there should be a lot of updates. Decided to push the Contemptor back for a while to concentrate on some other more core units that I will be using more frequently.

Firstly, I dont like the Storm Talon model, it is too stubby and looks like it will just fall nose first out of the sky. I saw some cool conversions to elongate the tail and set the turret further into the fuselage. Taking the photos into account, I tried it myself and I'm quite pleased with the results. I feel it looks more like a Gunship/Flyer than the standard model.

What you guys and girls think?

med_gallery_74072_8813_1028708.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_87540.jpg

med_gallery_74072_8813_857363.jpg

Archived