Hannibal's Sons of Medusa Strike Force

Hannibal Adats

Hi all,

I recently finished my Blood Ravens army but found I still had a lot of space marine bits and even whole models left over. Add to that the slew of new models about to come out and It seemed like the perfect time to continue to ignore my planned Ork army and paint some more marines! Sick of painting red and having just read the Badab books I settled on Sons of Medusa. I was intrigued by their mix of Iron Hands' unfeeling resolve and omnisiah inspired religious fanaticism so I settled on the idea of a small strike force of volunteers from the reserve companies lead by a Librarian following a vision he received in the "static wash of the astronomicon."

As a test I painted up the as-yet unused elements of my Space Hulk set giving me most of a terminator squad.

terminators-WIP

All in all I was rather happy with them so chose to continue but the black trim of Clan Atropos presented in IA:X didn't do it for me and was a little close to salamanders. However in the description of the other clans it mentions another clan called Lachesis that uses silver/white trim which I like a lot better. After scouring my bits box for parts and unused minis I found enough parts to construct one half-tac squad and a techmarine smile.png The techmarine does have a servo arm but its curled behind his back in this picture.

Fire Team Aiden

Forge-Wright Jerod of the Chamber Ferrum

Finally, I had some old metal minis laying around which I am grateful for due to my general distaste for fine-cast. From these I created my Librarian giving him a green-stuff beard and some more heavy-tech like the storm bolter and the servo-skulls to make him appear more Sons of Medusa/iron-handsy and the chaplain sent to keep him in line should his vision prove false.

Brother Codicier Adats

Brother Chaplain Weylin

Next up I have a pair of razorbacks sitting on the shelf and a cataphractii terminator I intend to use as my terminator sergeant on its way from ebay-land smile.png

So yeah. More to come soon.

Thank you for looking and any comments/critique/advice smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived