Digital codex?

Fibonacci

Hmm, well even if there is only the addition of warlord traits, I think that is a pretty clear indicator that Sisters will not receive a full 6th codex for a long time yet; probably the last faction of all.  Still, so long as the codex remains competitive I will be happy enough until then.

...Unless they put the points UP

Hmm, well even if there is only the addition of warlord traits, I think that is a pretty clear indicator that Sisters will not receive a full 6th codex for a long time yet; probably the last faction of all.  Still, so long as the codex remains competitive I will be happy enough until then.

...Unless they put the points UP

Odd because I saw nothing in the rumors lately nor anywhere really that suggested that Sisters would be pushed back any further. We've got 8 codexes left, and a year and a half of release time before Fantasy drops. 18 months/2(as 40k isn't -every- month) - 1(December) means we have enough time for them all to get in by the time Fantasy drops.

I'm betting Sisters get a late 2014 release now more than ever since GW has shown us how they can update an all metal army in the new release

cycle: over 2 months and late in the year when releases slow before Christmas.

So my money is on Oct/Nov '14 unless something comes up to prove me wrong that's where it's staying too.

I'm almost positive that GW was working on new sister sculpts
(although I can't say what happened to them... as they were working on
them over 2 years ago), I don't think a WD update means SoBs are
doomed... The BAs seem to be getting one as well. It probably means that
SoBs and BAs are at the back of the line. Sisters are also not one of
the big armies... so like Dark Eldar I wouldn't be surprised to see them
coming fairly late in the edition, and if GW is going to put a lot of
effort into siters I can imagien their will be some fairly big changes. A
pre-christmas release also makes sense as that is a time when people
spend a lot of money. Sisters will be an army where many people won't
have existing collections and will need to buy complete forces. As many
of the current DE players needed to do. Unlike Space Marines where most
players just got an extra librarian, and only 'needed' to buy the new
Oblitorators.

I would be more interested in seeing
how they release the kits. Hopefully they don't reduce the minimum
sister squad size... Otherwise we might get a 5 (wo)man box with lots of
options like the Grey Knights did. That being said we might get a 10
man sisters box + 5 man box with lots of bits for celestians, dominions
and retributors.

I also think it is likely that Sisters
will get an extra troop choice, especially if they move beyond 'pure'
sisters and add stuff like Frater millitia (Spelling?). This is not
taking into account any FOC moving nonsense that characters might be
able to do. None of the other FOC slots have so many options that I
couldn't see new stuff being added to them. Following the current trends
we would also expect sisters to get a flyer (I also think they are
likely to get their own, rather than using a SM or IG flyer), and
possibly a big thing (although it is worth noting that SMs did not)... I
wouldn't mind some kind of mobile battle church... Land Raider/Exorcist
hybrid... Smaller than a Baneblade but possibly bigger than a Land
Raider... As long as GW make it look Gothic and over the top XD

Nearly right - Frateris Militia.

FoC changing HQs are actually pretty rare - they basically only occur in Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, and the Space Marine codexes (each with limited examples - 2 in Space Wolves, 1 in Space Marines, 1 in Blood Angels and 2 in Dark Angels - with Dark Angels and Space Marines being the only 'new' codexes that do it, and also being the only codexes that traditionally did it).

Nearly right - Frateris Militia.

FoC changing HQs are actually pretty rare - they basically only occur in Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, and the Space Marine codexes (each with limited examples - 2 in Space Wolves, 1 in Space Marines, 1 in Blood Angels and 2 in Dark Angels - with Dark Angels and Space Marines being the only 'new' codexes that do it, and also being the only codexes that traditionally did it).

And Chaos, and regular Eldar. And the Tau supplement. So... everyone but daemons?

Tau supplement doesn't count, forgot about CSM somehow... Know what? Forget I said anything. Necrons don't get anything like that. Neither do Guard. Nids are just weird in that they can take a troops choice as an HQ instead of the other way round.

We don't know it'll hit then... No release date information at all. Sigh. Waiting for the email from GW announcing new digital releases, but so far only got one for tallarn: execution.

At least this topic has some semblance of normality about it, I gave up on the other one earlier in the day...

I try not to inflict iTunes on myself, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit. Like Miko says save yourself the pain of iTunes and constantly checking and wait for GW to let us know :)

Yeah, in regards to that WarriorFish, on Facebook all they've said is Sisters get released in October, and Blood Angels in November.

By the time GW tells us it'll have been out for a bit. I honestly want to get my hands on it as soon as possible so I can start going over it and making comparisons to the book we currently have.

I tried sitting down but it didn't work, so I tried laying down instead and was told to get back to work.

I'm not used to having something SoB related happening from GW, my heart isn't prepared yet I need more time. Oh, and I'm busy this Saturday again :P

Yeah, in regards to that WarriorFish, on Facebook all they've said is Sisters get released in October, and Blood Angels in November.

Source? GW doesn't have an official Facebook presence as far as I've seen? If they do, where is it?

On the upside it'll be nice to have a legal source for the rules - I only have the second part of the WD codex - but on the downside it's likely a proper update is a long ways off. My newly-acquired (finally!) Sisters are only two squads - troop and retributors... was supposed to have an Immmolator too but the store messed up my order apparently - strong as it is and I don't know when I'll have the chance to play a game with them included (as allies obviously). If only they'd FAQ the BT/SoB desperate allies thing out of existence...

Best thing to do? Field them anyway. Desperate Allies really isn't that big a deal, especially since your Templars' ideal range is about 6" closer to the enemy than the Sisters', which incidentally is the minimum safe distance for Desperate Allies.

The main problem with that is that I tend to be very bad at taking troops as it is, so not even having the allied SoB troop as scoring would suck. I'll probably push for a local ruling to the ally chart in this regard even if a FAQ doesn't address it, seeing as even the new BT fluff specifically mentions the special relations between the two. Though in the meanwhile I could also use them with my IG (who are only really sized for being allies as well and wouldn't work in anything near an optimized game) or Crimson Fists.

On a side note it's a bit sad that the Canoness, my favorite model in the SoB lineup, will end up sidelined by Celestine in lists. She'll probably just end up being a BP+CCW Sister Superior for when I don't want to use the power maul Superior. Also a bit sad that the Superior models have three weapons (melee, boltgun, pistol) but in their current rules they can only have two.

Archived