Nature vs. Nurture, the What If? edition

Conn Eremon

Ah, I see. Re-read it since I missed it. Noticed there was still a I Legion in the first paragraph.

Anyway, let's hold off on the voting for now, I shouldn't have said where mine would go. We should still have everyone fleshed out, with healthy alternatives bouncing around.

I was imagining power mauls crafted into hands, Similar to Tycho's of the real-universe Blood Angels, maces and such.

Brutal, crushing deaths. A legion without a leash or a collar, casting begging, crying foes from battlement walls, or drowning them in shellholes full of water.

Curze of the Real-Universe will seem controlled compared to Nostroman Dorn's sons.

I'm working on them next....

Oh this should be amusing... Suppose I should take a crack at this. Question is, which Primarch.

I was imagining power mauls crafted into hands, Similar to Tycho's of the real-universe Blood Angels, maces and such.

Brutal, crushing deaths. A legion without a leash or a collar, casting begging, crying foes from battlement walls, or drowning them in shellholes full of water.

Curze of the Real-Universe will seem controlled compared to Nostroman Dorn's sons.

Oh this should be amusing... Suppose I should take a crack at this. Question is, which Primarch.

Well, you're fascinated with the Night Lords and the Word Bearers... How about a Colchisian Curze? :D

Last one to be mentioned or claimed is Corax and Cthonia, which brings the Warmaster title, however feel free to choose any combination you like.

The Imperial Hounds...I was toying with having them specialize in void warfare and boarding actions, because the Cleftjaw got so much experience with ship to ship fighting on Fenris.

Although it's questionable how much blue water naval experience transfers to the deepest black, and that would rather kill my idea of them having gene bred battle hounds fighting alongside their Astartes.

But Lorgar preferring to fight in space would work with the idea that he's a reluctant conqueror, who instead spent the Crusade hunting pirate and xenos fleets in deep space or guarding secured territories from the same.

Opinions?

You know, I can see Lorgar and Leman Goldbeard as the Dorn and Perturabo of this alternative verse:

Overlapping skills, opposing philosophies, and an inevitable explosion of violence and mayhem that's still going strong ten thousand years later.

The Dog vs the Pirate? I like it.

Heathens, when I say the Warmaster title goes with Cthonia, I am referring to the fact that anyone from there is the first found, the Emperor's favorite and, inevitably, the one who will stand in his stead. As for who leads the Heresy, that doesn't have to be the Warmaster.

That is true, there's always a potential canon Angron or Curze.

But honestly, I believe the biggest factor in Horus' place as Warmaster was Cthonia. Because that meant being found early and molded directly by the Emperor. Having Cthonia as an origin is tantamount to saying being raised by the Emperor.

Halfway through Baalite Curze, damn you mind... work faster!

Relaxe. Deep breaths. Let the Curzite, flow through you. Let it cleanse your mind and body. Then, the words will travel to where they should go. Give in to the darkness that is Curze.

Archived