The Finer Points of Heresy Fluff

Flint13

Obligatory tin foil hat post:

Sevatar takes the Templar Sigismund at Terra, strips most of his armor off, puts it on, then slashes most of his face off with a chainblade and limps to the loyalist lines.

The World Eaters are falling back when they come across the body of a mighty warrior atop a mound of corpses. He's wearing almost no armor but his weapons are chained to his wrists...clearly its one of theirs. They bear the barely living body aboard their ship, where the Black Knight's battle rage draws the attention of a certain bloody handed deity.....

The real Khârn? Dorn stuck him in the Golden Throne. Because Alpharius.

Wade, you are wrong because Russ wolf-howled and his Rune Priests channeled the energy of Luna to stop Dorn from putting a traitor on the throne, which Russ found out from Bjorn, who was told by Omegon who was betraying his brother because he believed in the Lectitio Divinatus and goes on to become the founder of the Grey Knights because he was a latent psyker also he was a better fighter than Alpharius. Russ had kept Magnus' body and that is what he put on the throne because that was what the Emperor had intended him for but he was dumb and listened to Tzeentch instead but because of Russ he was forced to accept his fate. The Lion took the Emperor to Caliban because he thought that the Watchers could help him, but Luther betrayed him and actually it is the Emperor asleep in the Rock while the Lion yells for help because its the Emperor but his own sons don't believe him because they think its the Emperor on the Throne which is why Cypher is trying to get there to prove to everyone that it is Magnus on the Throne.

GOD.

Wade, you are wrong because Russ wolf-howled and his Rune Priests channeled the energy of Luna to stop Dorn from putting a traitor on the throne, which Russ found out from Bjorn, who was told by Omegon who was betraying his brother because he believed in the Lectitio Divinatus and goes on to become the founder of the Grey Knights because he was a latent psyker also he was a better fighter than Alpharius. Russ had kept Magnus' body and that is what he put on the throne because that was what the Emperor had intended him for but he was dumb and listened to Tzeentch instead but because of Russ he was forced to accept his fate. The Lion took the Emperor to Caliban because he thought that the Watchers could help him, but Luther betrayed him and actually it is the Emperor asleep in the Rock while the Lion yells for help because its the Emperor but his own sons don't believe him because they think its the Emperor on the Throne which is why Cypher is trying to get there to prove to everyone that it is Magnus on the Throne.

GOD.

10/10 Great Read. Totally how I expected it to go down. 

GOD.

10/10 Great Read. Totally how I expected it to go down. 

Thanks for ruining the plot guys

Now what am I going to go play? Lord of the Rings???

As far as Atramentar go, it's my personal opinion right now, that they are a similar formation to the Deathshroud, frequently armored in Terminator armor, but not all terminators are members of the Atramentar.

Well, I know it's just a technicality, but I wouldn't exactly compare the Atramentar to the Deathshroud. The Deathshroud, Devourers and Phoenix Guard are Terminator Bodyguards. The Atramentar are like the Firedrakes, Grave Wardens, Justaerin and Morlocks in that they are the Terminator Elite. I know it's just a small, tiny, maybe even not worth mentioning difference. Just a tiny difference. I think.

My view as well, Brother Heinrich. Dig the Avatar, by the way.

Thanks man, its from the Pearl Jam video "Do the Evolution." Not their best song for sure, but I love the images in it. Plus being a helicopter pilot I couldn't resist ;)

Well blah to you my good sir, some of us will just stick to civil construction ;)

As far as Atramentar go, it's my personal opinion right now, that they are a similar formation to the Deathshroud, frequently armored in Terminator armor, but not all terminators are members of the Atramentar.

Well, I know it's just a technicality, but I wouldn't exactly compare the Atramentar to the Deathshroud. The Deathshroud, Devourers and Phoenix Guard are Terminator Bodyguards. The Atramentar are like the Firedrakes, Grave Wardens, Justaerin and Morlocks in that they are the Terminator Elite. I know it's just a small, tiny, maybe even not worth mentioning difference. Just a tiny difference. I think.

I think that's a worthwhile difference. I think it would be comparable in real life to the SAS versus the president's secret service. They are both elite, highly trained, and very effective, but one is it's own military force while the other has been created with the sole purpose of protecting an individual. I think that puts a whole different spin on the Atramentar. Think of the differing connotations behind them if Sevatar kept them as a bodyguard instead of a pet beat-stick. We'd look at them completely differently. 

@Scribe - I am not 100% sure of the death of Sevatar. Or is it even a certainty? I feel like I remember it being one of those open secrets, sort of similar to Vulkan. Everyone in the fluff is told his is dead, as readers, we are even occasionally told he is dead, but there are tons of conspiracy theories over him escaping and living that are just wacky enough to be true...

There are some fan theories, but ADB smacked a few of them down at least (Sev becomes GK Grand Master being one of the most recent).

I HOPE Curze kills him on Terra, and we find out why. Outside of that, I dont know that we 'know' anything yet about his fate other than we know the Legion believed he was dead, prior to Curze being assassinated. 

My view as well, Brother Heinrich. Dig the Avatar, by the way.

Thanks man, its from the Pearl Jam video "Do the Evolution." Not their best song for sure, but I love the images in it. Plus being a helicopter pilot I couldn't resist msn-wink.gif

Aye, not the best, but watching the video along with the song boosts adrenaline production by an estimated A Freaking Lot%.

Like Kol Saresk said, the Atramentar were not bodyguards, they were 1st Legion Elite.

Bodyguards:

- Devourers: WE

- Pyre Guard: Salamanders

- Deathshroud: Death Guard

- Huscarls: Imperial Fists (apparently)

Elites

- Gal Vorbak: WB

- Firedrakes: Salamanders

- Atramentar: NL

- Justaerin: SoH

- Efreet: AL

There are some fan theories, but ADB smacked a few of them down at least (Sev becomes GK Grand Master being one of the most recent).

I HOPE Curze kills him on Terra, and we find out why. Outside of that, I dont know that we 'know' anything yet about his fate other than we know the Legion believed he was dead, prior to Curze being assassinated.

I think the 40k mythos really runs off of Grimdark "what if" theories like this. Really so many of these fluff points, I think, are left intentionally vague to allow for a good sense of possible adventure. A few years ago (maybe more than a few...) the Horus Heresy was still just sort of a vague war that happened to establish the Imperium as it is "today." Just look at all the controversy/debate over the 2nd and 11th primarchs. I could also see the argument that GW is just stockpiling future product ideas... but I like to remain optimistic.

As for Sev as a Gray Knight? Brilliant. Probably 100% not-going-to-happen, but hilariously brilliant. Besides, we all know those badass MK4 helms the Gray Knights are so fond of look *far* better in midnight blue happy.png

Archived