Guess whos back

daboarder

Oh my, those prices...  I had one or two odd models kicking about - if the prices go like this, I could trade my few for a complete new army of something else!  Seriously though, two of those squads give you random selections (possibly not giving you all 9 different options), for the price, that's a bit steep.

Oh my, those prices...  I had one or two odd models kicking about - if the prices go like this, I could trade my few for a complete new army of something else!  Seriously though, two of those squads give you random selections (possibly not giving you all 9 different options), for the price, that's a bit steep.

Behold the catch-22 conundrum of being the only army left to still be nearly all metal.

I did the price on the Daughters set out of curiosity, the price is exactly what it would cost to buy all of that separately, but the poster is thrown in for free.

Some of those squad load-outs seem dodgy to me. Like, "here, now you can buy whole squads again, but you still have to buy a blister or two in addition to make the squad you really want! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

But check this out, yo:

gallery_53134_7133_6446.jpg

A fellow B+C member was very, very generous to me. Outside of the upcoming Call of Chaos VI I don't think I'm going to be painting anything but Sisters for a while.

Take 2 of the Daughters set, 2 of the Conclave set and add half a dozen vehicle.  That's is about what I have.  It is a little frightening to see in solid numbers just how much I have spent for this army. 

The 5 model Dominion set comes with 3 special weapons, a simulacrum and a Sister Superior.  I hope this means what I think it means.

Some of those squad load-outs seem dodgy to me. Like, "here, now you can buy whole squads again, but you still have to buy a blister or two in addition to make the squad you really want! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

But check this out, yo:

gallery_53134_7133_6446.jpg

A fellow B+C member was very, very generous to me. Outside of the upcoming Call of Chaos VI I don't think I'm going to be painting anything but Sisters for a while.

That's a sight to behold! happy.png I must admit, as tempting it is to bite the bullet and get a few Sisters soon, my wallet is screaming at me not to laugh.png

Very nice -Max-. I've been adding to my Sisters Collection for a slowly. I just need a few Immolater kits and I'll be good for about 1000 point games. 

My Collection:

IMAG0129

(Please Ignore the clutter.)

I really need to paint them.

Very nice -Max-. I've been adding to my Sisters Collection for a slowly. I just need a few Immolater kits and I'll be good for about 1000 point games. 

My Collection:

(Please Ignore the clutter.)

I really need to paint them.

That's almost exactly what I've been playing with for a while, squad choice wise. It's a good start, and the allies rules makes filling out the points for a larger army easy. If you don't already run Exorcists I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I've proxy'd (sp?) one before and it did decent. I have some rhino's I've used to use for my Grey Knights and some Valkyrie missle pods. I'm sure I can come up with a couple, and I've heard the Exorcist kit is a nightmare.

Worse one I saw had the rhino top collapse do to the weight of the pewter. Forge world ones are nice but conversions are the coolest. I use the whirlwind turret on the Sob top plate where the immolated turret goes

Thanks Max. I have DA icons on my bastion but about to change to AS icons and paint, whew!

thanks.gif

And skawolf, this is my 4th and final sisters army. Sold my last one summer a year ago and started this one last November. Not again tho.

I just mixed my new Sisters in with my collection and took a picture of the whole thing:

gallery_53134_7133_56081.jpg

That's roughly 1 Canoness w/Command Squad, 4x10 BSS, 2x5 Retributors, 2x5 Dominions, 2x5 Seraphim, 1x10 Repentia, 8 DCA & 5 Crusaders, all the named HQs, and two of my three Immolator kits. Not pictured is the Immolator in box and my WIP Avenger Strike Fighter. There are some loose heavies, specials, and icons in there as well. I even have enough back packs and jump packs for everyone thanks to a very reasonable individual on eBay.

At this point, anything new in plastic had better be the most super awesome must-have thing I have ever laid eyes on! thumbsup.gif

I currently have :

All 3 named characters, cannoness with command squad, 3 alternate cannoness, 8 preachers, 1 missionary, 6 arco fallagents, 4 crusaders, 6 DCAs, 13 repentias, 10 celestians, 6 14 sister squads, 2 8 sister seraphim, 5 6 sister dominions, 2 10 sister retributor and 1 6 sister retributor, 4 exorcists, 3-4 immolators, 4 rhinos, 2 repressors and 2 pertinent engines

Impressive Max. Lotsa goodies there.

Hey War, let's see some pics if ya got 'em.

Hmm, maybe we should start a new topic, call it showcase of models: unpainted and painted welcome. Then we can see what everyone has for their forces.

Lol no pics I'll get some.....most of it is unfinished like some gamers

I still debating buying some more figures to finish the retributor squad and one more missionary

Retribs I say yes, as for the missionary, that's one I can't help, I run a strict sisters only list. However, in one of the trades I did for my sisters, I did get arco's and crusaders and some other models (not sure what they are) but I just took them cause he didn't want them. Thought about using them with my GK's but there again, I just run GK's. I'm very easy as far as list building to make it funner from my standpoint and keep rules easy. I've found thru the years that the more special rules you have to remember, the more you forget to use them during the game. But that's just me.

As for unfinished, haha look at my army pic. This is the only actual painting I've got started and not sure if I really like the scheme yet.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/AScommand800x517_zps1d1577d7.jpg

Metallic red armor with white robes, metallic black weapons and gold trim.  I started these months ago and can't decide if I want to do the whole army this way, but I will tonight, painting party going on at my house.

@saturnine, sorry I missed your pic, good start tho and after the dex comes out, you'll know what else you need. Plus a major bonus, I hope anyways, is that there will be lotsa discussion going on here to help with those decisions.

More like one-click to empty your bank account! I'm not going to gripe about the lack of a discount again though, but even a small one would have been something. I'm fortunate in that I don't need any more models for the moment, so I'm just waiting for plastics :)

Looked over the list and while its sweet! I really don't need all of it! All I need is just a couple of figures! I already have an almost fully painted army of the Shroud! Around 140+ Sisters with enough vehicles to fully mount all of them! Plus another 50 to 60 Storm Troopers (the old cool looking ones with Backpack Helguns and Berets!) and the Cops! I can fill every slot and more! Heavy weapons, check! Fast attack, oh boy! Troops! You bet! Elites! Two handed chain swords work so well on opening tanks and termies! HQ! Oh yes! Leadership does really have its place! Don't always win (even less now!), but I really try to have fun! Sorry about no pictures, but I happen to be away working around 9,600 miles from home!

Archived