Guess whos back

daboarder

That's okay Da Taz, we have lots of time for show and tell. It sounds like you would have to take a panoramic to show it all. Be safe on your journey home.

See what I can do about a better pic of my Dialagous. My new phones camera isn't all that great.

Please excuse the horrible and fuzzy pics. Will get better ones up asap.

I'll say the same thing to you that I say to everyone taking photos of their models.

A) use a real camera tongue.png (although the lumia's idiot-compensation software is pretty nice now)

cool.png use proper spot lighting!

The reason your photo is so blurry is because the exposure length means your hand will always shake. To solve this, either use a camera you can rest on a solid surface, or use a desk lamp or spot lamp to brighten the target.

Personally, I prefer to use both.

well I was holding it to the table and was using lamp to light it up. It' s just this sucky 3.2 instead of my droidx 8.0. Trying to get phone number moved over to the x and should have that fixed. Thanks Miko. These should be better

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/Dialagousback_zps66fb4902.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/Dialagous_zps2fd956bc.jpg

Thanks. Now for what I used...A vet sister, cutting off the sword and using an old laud hailer on it. The mic is pieces fro the bottom of servo skulls, not sure what the pack was and don't remember what tubing parts. Melta gun pieces I tink.

The reason your photo is so blurry is because the exposure length means your hand will always shake.

See, here I was thinking it was a deliberate effort akin to something like 'soft focus' to conceal flaws.

The overwhelming majority of decent looking paint jobs look horrific in macro photography. My preferred method is to shoot it in the same context it would normally be viewed, four feet away and in part of a squad.

One might get the impression it's not our models but the paints that are too expensive!tongue.png
gallery_73923_8770_203159.jpg
Sorry for the split, but my camera (despite all the helpful advise here) only has two setting, either "mash it against the lens" or "your room's diagonal is not far enough". If someone wants clearer Images, I have most of my painted models in the Gallery.

-Max- that display case is pretty sweet. Is that oak?

I wish, but I don't have that kind of dough. It's a "barrister bookcase", one of two that I picked up from a jumble shop on the cheap. It's a low end brand of the sort that comes in a box and you put together yourself, made of press-board and paper.

I have a small two-bedroom bungalow and two bored cats. I wanted them to be able to go anywhere in the house, but I also wanted my models not to be gnawed on and knocked around. I've collected all kinds of cabinets and storage cases for my belongings because of those destructive little beasts. Still, better than having children in the house...

-Max- that display case is pretty sweet. Is that oak?

I wish, but I don't have that kind of dough. It's a "barrister bookcase", one of two that I picked up from a jumble shop on the cheap. It's a low end brand of the sort that comes in a box and you put together yourself, made of press-board and paper.

Well, since we're showing off our book cases:gallery_226_3955_352223.jpgIn this shot you get a close up of my antique barrister bookcases. For a while the lined my living room. Then I had to move and they've been in storage ever since :( I bought them to keep the dust off my figures. I played a game once with some dusty marines who'd been riding the pine for a while and my opponent lamented that I was triggering his allergies.

Behind the Arco's you can see a horde of 'Zealots' or 'Fratris Militia' depending on which generation of the rules you're running. I lament the loss of my Sisterless Witchhunter army

Nice Eddie, love the colors. Well this is getting good ain't it?

Oh Max, you know what it's all about. I have the hobby room, (daughter's old bedroom), and the gaming room, (my garage), and live in the dust bowl.

Archived