Welcome brothers and sisters so long time poster and long time hobbyist I have a new quest to embark on which only recently came up (due to Book II coming out so DIY Chapter was put on hold and money was saved) and this time the goal is to create a strike force for 4 legions (2000 - 3000pts) this is as much a life time goal as well as something that I am preparing for in the future. The Legions I will be creating as a part 1 are the Imperial Fists, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, and Iron Hands. I have already pre-ordered Book II and Angron is on the way, and as you can guess the first legion to be worked on are the World Eaters who are my favourite for close combat assault, so without further a do here is a poster I am currently working on for my friends Isstavan III campaign and I am quite proud of it.

Betrayal on Isstavan:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2811/10305129455_9f284750fd_z.jpg

Special creds go to DPA for his World Eater mini that I had to use to fight alongside my friends Angron as well as to Lorenzen who I used his Death Guard sergeant! Sorry guys that I was not able to ask earlier for permission but as I was asked to do this at the last minute and the idea came upon me to do this and that there were limited minis to use with such great quality I could not resist but to use them, your names and minis have been highly embellished in my hobby center if that is a worthy forgiveness for such a heretical action ph34r.png

So cheers guys this thread will officially start next week Saturday/Sunday but until then I will make fluff for the individual companies I will be presenting and maybe more posters if I get the time tongue.png

So here is a small history of the XIVth Company World Eaters, enjoy!

+Archive priority to XII Legion, Sigmia-Charlie-Omega+

+Access Granted+

+World Eaters XIVth Company "Cohortis Gladiatorii"+

The XIVth Company of the World Eaters known as the "Cohortis Gladiatrii" are recognized for their unequal discipline within their ranks, though they had inherited the hunger for war like any other member within the legion, their prowess in defensive siege craft out match any other any other World Eater Company. Having served with the Imperial Fists for 70 Terran standard years during the Great Crusade, they were exiled by their Primarch due to their protests against the Butcher's Nails and it's negative effects towards their brethren,

otherwise forced to take the implants it was only to Khârn's calming words that they alone should be allowed to have no treatment as many were old veterans at the end of Unification Wars.

When they were to be outcasts of the legion they bonded with the Imperial Fists and through numerous campaigns would learn much defensive strategies that were widely unknown to the World Eaters Legion themselves or not even used, when the Legion was called to gather in the Isstavan sector the "Cohortes Gladiatorii" had left the Imperial Fists to join their brethren. A full quarter of the Company was chosen to join the first wave of the assault against the Insurrectionists on Isstavan III, Captain Domedius himself of the XIVth Company was chosen to spearhead the World Eater forces to victory unbeknownst of the treachery ahead.

When the betrayal was unmasked the loyalist Captain and what was left of his "Gladiatorii" coordinated a hasty defense at the Precentor's Palace along with the other loyalists of the Emperor's Children, Death Guard and Sons of Horus, though most of their brothers were lost at the outset of Angron's assault the effectiveness of the trained and disciplined survivors held a solid counter offensive against their erstwhile brothers. Centurion Kraagon Al'tari, the former second in command  in command of the XIVth Company lead his treacherous brethren in the assault, though the majority within his company were still Terran born he was able to lead his men into daring raids against the loyalists which inevitable weakened the loyalist World Eater forces. Kraagon himself at the conclusion of the battle killed Captain Domedius in a one on one battle but was driven away from the battlements of the Precentor's Palace by the remnants of the loyalist World Eaters.

When the legion left Isstavan III it was the XIVth Company who inspected the defensive capabilities of the fortifications on Isstavan V, when the loyalists began their assault it was the "Cohortes Gladiatrii" who stubbornly held the left flank against the Salamanders, their discipline and calm execution of their foes earned them a reputation as cold and bitter warriors in battle.  

+End of Archive Number 00098965411+

+Please call for designated authorized personal for further Information+

An ambitious sounding project, tackling all those legions. I wish you luck! :) Nice bit of background on the Gladitorii, but are you going to be basing your figures on the loyalist or traitor portion of the company? Or is your plan to leave it deliberately vague so they can represent both? :)

So here is a small update that I promised:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/10496616614_0e5e0d1e3f_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/10496806493_1fb14b97d9_c.jpg

Now the reason it looks more golden than bronze in the photo is because I had to use some photo editing tools, it seems I had slept all the day and in doing so couldn't get the necessary items for the lightbox, World Eaters colours (white in particular) and other errands. So this is still WIP I only finished the armour all the way to the highlights and when everything is done than I will dirty it a bit up from a few things I learned, when I can get better pictures than also the leather strips will pop up more as the light quality was horrible. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

So it has been relatively a long time since I last posted an update of Angron due to work and sudden realization that I missed the necessary paint to do what I planned! So here is Angron half way through the process of being finished, yes I haven't painted the sword, cloak, or arms just yet as I was centered on the base. But with the base done and one more dead Blood Angel to wash and then glue on I am going to move forward to the arms! Now I haven't given it much thought but I am deciding currently on what I want to order next from Forge World, possible an MkIV squad with Tigrus pattern bolters to serve as my fire support unit. But enough talk, here is the armless primarch!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5478/10715300966_fc3781ce41_c.jpg

Cheers for viewing and commenting!

So no big progress as I put Angron on hold for a little while since I have a some Boarding Marines coming in (not the MkIII legion ones). No instead I have been working on a series of Banners/Signatures for various legions and units, here is one for my World Eaters banners (AgnostosTheos's Praetor). But by the end of this week I will have an update on where things stand on the army as it has been slow going but that is from work and having to deploy soon, so without further a do here it is!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7436/10814109555_66364bd740_z.jpg

No script yet as I can't find a good one but what do you guys think so far?

So here are two more signatures I made for this project (and there will probably be more), I hope you guys like them! I present to you the Alpha Legion and Emperor's Children banners!

We are Alpharius!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7418/10835028654_f3df7a3c91_o.jpg

Fallen from Perfection

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7328/10834861435_1bc299fd85_o.jpg

If you guys want to use them then just let me know :) Haven't added script as this can be available to anyone (just don't claim that you made it as then it is theft)

@Jaspcat Sure mate, though it really depends on what type. Contemptor or regular?

@Darth Potato Thank you :D

@furioso-prime I am actually in the making of the Death Guard sig but have been revising it 3 times as I want to make a Barbaras theme but so far have been found wanting :/

@Jaspcat Hmmm I will have to get back to you on that one as I hadn't planned for a Dreadnought in my force...at least in the World Eaters I haven't

So I had three requests from people to make a Death Guard signature banner and I decided since we don't have Mortarion just yet as a miniature lets instead go for his honour guard...the Deathshroud devil.gif

Death has come for you!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2816/10853679693_ba76a971aa_o.jpg

So there you go next up are Sons of Horus! and I do promise to make more then just miniatures, I haven't been idle I actually have just finished an Imperial Fists test mini so I will post him later cool.png

So finally a small update for the miniatures! I did a pretest of Imperial Fists colours so when the time comes that I want to start them I am fully prepared to do so. I'm quite happy with the yellow as it was actually only a three step process for me (sadly my photography skills aren't that great so I can't make awesome pictures), so without further delay here is the test mini.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/10924784475_7006f175e7.jpghttp://farm4.staticflickr.com/3748/10925075643_51b08a1b4d.jpg

I took two pictures so you can see the yellow and gritty look a bit better, not sure which one is better...

Also here are a few more signatures I made up while (still waiting for the World Eater boarding marines):

Barabas Dantioch "I want you for the Legion!" (for some reason I wrote IX when it was suppoed to be IV wallbash.gif )

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/320/a/4/iron_warriors_signature__iv_legion_by_legionnairefromhell-d6uga1b.jpg

"Exemplars of Imperfection"

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/319/7/e/exemplars_of_imperfection_by_legionnairefromhell-d6ubfo2.jpg

"Loyalty and Treachery"

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/318/7/b/loyality_and_treachery_by_legionnairefromhell-d6u8uvl.jpg

So I would love to hear your thoughts on the test min, cheers for comments and viewing!

So no mini update as I've been sick and have for next the few weeks little time to do anything but for writing and grumbling on what ideas I can cook up to make this company interesting once I can start on those Boarding Marines. So here is a short written story I made, hopefully I will create more if it pleases my loyal/ treacherous brothers!

+++The first strike from Domedius's blade knocked Kraagon back, unbalancing him. He crashed into a support pillar and barely evaded a second blow as he brought his own axe to bear and raked it in a vicious arc through the air where Domedius's shoulder  just before a stiff-armed smash to Kraagon's face knocked him over backward.

He leaped to his feet and circled with his opponent. "More fight in you now than there was at the Precentor's Palace,"Kraagon said. "You think you can make up for all of your precious little loyalist fools who have died protecting an idea not even you believed in?"

Sword and axe clashed, Kraagon deflecting a searching thrust and Domedius in turn flicking away the traitor's riposte.

"The way I seek to atone is to make a better future than the past I have allowed to happen," Domedius said. Kraagon nodded and offered Domedius a mock salute. "Well said. I will have that engraved in my armour after this fight."

Again they clashed together. Somewhere behind him, Kraagon heard two of his retinue make a bet - not over who would win, but over how long it would take and whether Domedius would land a telling blow first.

Ah, Butcher's Nails. No one could touch him while it made him stronger. He answered the stroke of Domedius's sword. When the sword blade touched him, the pain was invigorating; the Butcher's Nails took it and made it into strength. Yet when Kraagon's axe bit into Domedius's frame, the ancient warrior had only his will to rely on, and his abilities he had always used.

Gradually Kraagon wore him down. First a blow to his leg that scraped down from hip to knee, creating a shower of blood and bit of curling ceramite metal. Then they grappled, and Kraagon was younger, faster, and fueled by anger. He rained blows on Domedius's head, breaking bone there as well, beating the former leader of the Gladiatorii until - with the last of his will - Domedius threw Kraagon off and got to his feet. He drew his gladius.

"You may kill me, Kraagon," Domedius said. "I sense that you have the essence of the Butcher's Nails within you, and it gives you strength that is hard to resist."

" 'Impossible,' you mean," Kraagon said. He felt strong, ready, as if he were just getting started.

Domedius assumed a ready position. "But beware the cost. The universe offers nothing for free. Neither does the Nail's." Kraagon raised his axe in a salute, no mockery the time. It had been a worthy fight. But now the time had come to end it.

Once again they clashed, the collisions of their blades striking flares from each other and plasma discharges - light and dark - arcing from their bodies to creep along the support pillars or bleed away into the floor. Lights blinked on around the glowing rectangle of a doorway. To them, the Unification Wars were practically myth, and the Butcher's Nails had baffled their thought processes. It made them outstanding soldiers but it did not fit them out to think subtly. They banded together, their wagers forgotten, wondering what else Horus might create when he was in control of the Imperium.

Domedius's sword pierced the point of Kraagon's shoulder. Kraagon threw back his head and roared, the sound of agony modulating to a darkened glee. He reached up, with the same arm that was wounded, and clamped his hand over Domedius's and over the guard and hilt of his sword. "To wound me," Kraagon whispered, " you must get close enough that I can wound you as well." And he brought his axe over and down, severing Domedius's arm.

The howl that escaped Domedius was a lament for all that he had failed to do, and all that he now knew he never would do. Kraagon threw the arm away, the motion also dislodging the axe from his shoulder. He struck again, opening a rent in Domedius's other arm and again splitting the side of the doomed leader's head. Domedius staggered. Kraagon swung from the side, the blow biting deep into the side of the old veteran's back. Kraagon yanked the axe free and Domedius sank to his knees. He lifted his remaining arm to ward off the next blow, and Kraagon struck it off at the elbow.

"Once you were a great leader," Kraagon said . "But you grew weak. Just as the Emperor grew weak. I am here to make the Imperium strong again."

He raised his axe high overhead , the Butcher's Nails singing to him while plasmic energy flickering out of it to spark against the ceiling. Then he brought it down in a final stroke that cleft the armour over Domedius's torso from the base of his throat to the gleaming belt on which he wore the sigil of that noble house of Aldius Prime of Terra. Domedius toppled onto his side. A tremor shook its way outward through his limbs; then the former leader was still. A dying gleam in his eyes still showed, so faintly that it could barely be seen even in the dimness of the fortresses interior building.

Kraagon cast his axe aside. "Alostros," he called out. "Where is the Hall of Remembrance?"

"You are closer than you realize...Leader," the Techmarine answered. "But first let us feast in remembrance to Domedius..."+++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope you enjoy the story and here is a Night Lord signature banner I made today, not as great as the others and I will have to redo it when I get better.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/325/d/0/night_lords_signature_by_legionnairefromhell-d6v2q88.jpg

Enjoy!

Archived