Adeptus Mechanicus bobble head

• 4 weeks later...

I'll keep the Dark Mechanicus idea in mind.  I do have a lot of extra Mauler fiend bitz that can be used as mechadendrites and other semi-organic parts.  I could merge the admech logo with the chaos star as well from some Chaos Warrior bitz I have sitting around.

Right now, I am doing something less involved, a power armoured inquisitor using NDK bitz I don't use (like the greatsword)

Still not quite sure how to put all the mechadendrites

Maybe make a backpack of some sort and attach them to that?

Yes that's what I had in mind.  My main problem is one of scale, the backpack needs to be relatively small to maintain Pop! dimensions and it will be a challenge to cram that many mechadendrites AND the servo arms

love the conversions

what about having the daemonic mechanical bits leaping out

say from a open wound around the stomach  , like squid tentacles !!

that servo skull could float of the shoulder with underslung chaos bits of choppy death

Waay ahead of you :)  I'm saving the small tentacle stuff for last actually though I already allocated some space below the "heart" chestpiece

1401764_780570295302260_1698371174_o.jpg

To solve the space problem, all I need to do was attach the mechadendrites to the balljoint of the servo arms

1397862_780571508635472_1761368039_o.jpg

its coming along nicely

what sort of paint job have you got in mind?

1454582_779753642050592_1679683791_n.jpg

Similar to this pic (which is used as my thematic reference). Classic red and white scheme for the robes. Boltgun/Silver for the metallics parts with some gold parts for contrast.  Green for the lenses.  The face, open chest area and the tentacles will be some kind of dead-ish skin tone with some reddish hue in the shadows.  I intend to place a painted Chaos symbol on the forehead of the Pop! (similar to the one on the chest of this dude)

Archived