Adeptus Mechanicus bobble head

its coming along nicely

what sort of paint job have you got in mind?

1454582_779753642050592_1679683791_n.jpg

Similar to this pic (which is used as my thematic reference). Classic red and white scheme for the robes. Boltgun/Silver for the metallics parts with some gold parts for contrast.  Green for the lenses.  The face, open chest area and the tentacles will be some kind of dead-ish skin tone with some reddish hue in the shadows.  I intend to place a painted Chaos symbol on the forehead of the Pop! (similar to the one on the chest of this dude)

sounds like a good plan , have you thought of making the chaos symbol look like its been branded on with something suitably painful ?

Yup... I am going to put some putty on the surface in the general shape of the icon then gouge out the lines down the center (these pits will be painted in bright red ink) and shape the excess putty like scar tissue around it.

I plan to do the same sort of scarred look around all the bionics as if they were implanted in an adhoc way.

• 3 weeks later...

man thats kool .

do you look for the parts you use or do you have the parts in mind from your bits box ?

I usually look in the bitz box first and base my decisions on what's in there. The nice thing with projects like this is that you aren't limited to plastic bitz from kits. Sometimes I find interesting parts in Lego or plastic figma nendoroid anime figs of all places

No progress yet on the servitor.  I've been working on some other stuff (a Chespin pokemon for my GFs xmas present, a Grot rigger commission for a friend, the witchhunter with arco-dog, a Fluttershy conversion and some other concepts like Quilladin pokemon and a Prinny).  If you are interested in seeing the progress of all these and you happen to have Facebook go here to see the updates as the happen.

https://www.facebook.com/DreamsOfPop

I'm hoping to get more work done on that servitor soon.  If you guys have any interesting ideas you would like to see come to life, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Archived