Alternate Heresy Community Project

Conn Eremon

I like the idea of Terminator Sisters, but as Cormac said, I'm not sold on them as an all psyker daemonhunting force.

My Blackwatch are a riff on the idea of the Grey Knight's role as mysterious Marines seconded to the Inquisition, with the difference being that most Astartes refuse to fight alongside and the wider Imperium hates them, since Taking the Black is a sign that you failed the Emperor and now seek to atone with your death.

And if instead of getting all the coolest toys and being tactical operators who operate tactically, they were a horde of zealots in battered armor who run towards the enemy and beat them to death with empty bolters, broken chainswords, bare fists, and various improvised close combat weapons while screaming for the Emperor to forgive them.

(R.I.P. real Black Templars. You will not be forgotten)

But that wanders far afield. Let us turn to happier topics!

List of significant events in timeline, as of now:

Tragedy at Ullanor

A Warmaster Crowned

The Rampage

Assault on Prospero

Shattering at Vilamus (Badab?)

Treachery at the Boros Gate

Signus Prime

Escape from Olympia

Fenris Burns

The Siege of Terra

Primarchs who need more stuff to do:

Sanguinus

Adra'Malek

Magnus

Angron

Bron

Sanguinius could be sent to handle Magnus. Perhaps to get him over.

Adra'Malek needs something for him to be cast upon the feet of the Blood God.

Angron and Bron could deal with each other.

Other details:

We need to punt another Loyalist Legion into the shattering, since the Hounds are going to be suckerpunched at Boros instead.

The Corsairs likewise need to be swapped out on the Traitor Force.

Also, we should nail down the third loyalist Legion present at the Siege with the Emperor's Children and Executioners. Hounds are out, I recall heathens saying the Iron Hoplites are out, First Legion is sparring with Lupercal in...Jonson's mini empire that needs a catchy name, that leaves the War Hounds, Solar Tigers, Order of Swords, and Effret as possibles.

For the shattering, I'd add the Infernal Guard to the traitors, and...can't be Solar Tigers, they've got a date at Prospero. Omegon's headed to Signus, First Legion and the Order of Swords are our options here.

All right, we've had a mishap, because I thought the Hounds/Corsairs incident was our Calth, and thus seperate from Vilamus.

Actually, in canon the Word Bearers were at both battles in force, so no need to move the Corsairs. Although that still leaves the issue of "What were the Infernal Guard doing up to the Siege?"

I did say Calth, but I meant because of the space docks battle/sabotage.

The actual Calth analogue, as in opening of the Ruinstorm that separated the Ultramarines from the Heresy, that'll be against the First Legion, who is standing in for the Ultramarines.

I'd say whatever survivors of the Blackened Fists had survived thus far would be present in fits and starts, acting a bit like the White Scars in 30k Actual; strike and fade. With Shade-Captain Alexis Polux as their sole surviving leader, the Fists have finally begun to accept that, to ensure the Lesson of Clarity is taught, they must begin to fight smarter, and have gained the beginnings of what could almost be described as "control".

Still brutal psychopaths on the fuggin' warpath, though.

What about having the Solar Tigers at Terra? It is a nice contrast to the Salamanders missing the train for it in cannon, and it could be interesting to have a legion without their primarch with them? The idea being that those who specialized in Prophecy recognized the convergence of the fates that is Terra, and so the legion/part of it went to Terra, with the rest guarding Prospero and/or seeking their primarch. Could also lead into some nice tensions  among their successors.

What about this:

Barabbas attacks Prospero, cure is smashed, Anubis vanishes, the Solar Tigers get visions and go to Terra, where they encounter Fulgrim and a justifiably paranoid Konrad who has the bulk of their Legion locked down.

Then Konrad has a vision of his own about Anubis. Since the Headsman's visions are "What's the worst possible thing that can happen?" It's of a Daemon Anubis breaking through his sons's lines at the siege leading an army of Warp Monsters.

He sets off to Olympia to find Anubis, with an elite team that includes Amit, Sahaal, and some suitably awesome Terran "Salamamders" and Prosperonians.

The Tigers think it's a rescue, Konrad intends assassination, let the games begin...

Oh, and I just realized that with Dorn and Ferrous killing each other on Vilamus, Slaanesh will have no Daemon Primarch. And that makes her sad.

As I see it, possible solutions are Ferrous ascending after Dorn breaks his neck, with Lanista at first pleased his dog is back, then enraged as Daemon Ferrous does whatever Daemon Ferrous wants, to the detriment of anything else.

Or Slaanesh's whispers ensnare Lupercal or Leman, but not their Legion.

Slaanesh doesn't need a Primarch, so long as there is an equivalently powerful Prince that doubles as Legion commander, like Gabriel Santar in the Guilliman Heresy.

Or Ferrous Mordax is torn apart, broken, dies, and rebooted by creepy Slaaneshi scrapcode.

Wouldn't that mean he comes back by way of all his bionics tearing loose from his corpse and latching on to a dying Dorn?

On the one hand, that seems cruel to Dorn.

On the other hand, it puts an extra edge on the Fists/Minotaurs feud and being cruel to Dorn seems to be a major theme of this alt Heresy.

Personally, I still like the idea that the Fists are just gone. Dead, completely, with the Legion of the Damned potentially bring their revenants.

And Ferrous' mechanics boot up, operating dead flesh.

Well, it's suspected that the canon Chapter Master of the Minotaurs (who has been reported dead several times) is really the result of the Techmarines slapping all bionics they can recover onto random Battle Brother Whomever and then psychoconditioning Moloc's memory and personality over the original....

Thought:

Would it be over the top if, after Vilamus, several "Ferrous's" pop up leading splinter warbands, each one claiming to be the real deal and with the memories and bionics to sort of back it up?

Mordax remade his Legion in his own image, and when he dies they return the favor. As long as they have his memory files on backup and enough spare parts, they will never be bereft of their daddy!

Of course, then you get Slaanesh corrupting the stored data, loony Techmarines adding or deleting stuff, the fact that as each backup file has the experiences of the latest Ferrous added to it, it diverges farther from the original...

"I am Ferrous Mordax!"

"No, I am Ferrous Mordax!"

"No, me!"

"How can we prove which of us is the true Iron Devourer?"

"THERE WILL BE NO CONFUSION AFTER I KILL THE REST OF YOU!"

Oh, and of course none of the copies would be as good as the original.

Internecine Iron Slaaneshi has a go from me.

Looking forward to what Ace comes up with.

Edit: Sent Gree a message on the 27th, but he hasn't been online since an hour before I sent it. >.<

If Jonson is our Guilliman stand in, maybe the Burned Man is sent with Lupercal to keep him off Terra.

Sadly, Lupercal's unpredictability and focus on freeing slaves clashes with Melek's "This is WAR!" pragmatism, he gets more and more enraged at both the Astral Wolves and the First, and then Khorne turns up and says something like:

"Yo dawg, I see you're burning with rage. How would you like it if I made you BURNING WITH RAGE so you can be burning with rage while you're BURNING WITH RAGE while you burn things in a rage?"

Cue Ruinstorm.

So, re-reading Gree's original Angron submission, it seems his intent was always to have Angron well out of the way.

Having him tied up by Bron and his lot could be pretty cool.

I can't see either legion holding anything back - both would probably wind up taking lots and lots of losses.

Assuming the two Legions are over in Ultima Segmentum, they'd probably keep fighting until after the Siege of Terra. When the other loyalists start to turn up, that's when Bron knows things have turned sour, and the White Scars finally break off their attack and withdraw.

Thing is, I'm a bit uncomfortable going into anything more specific, partly because I have no idea how the War Hounds do things, and partly because I don't know where any conflicts should take place for best effect.sweat.gif

EDIT:

First Legion vs Astral Wolves vs Infernal Legion would be awesome. Lupercal and Jonson are matching tactics up while trying to steer clear of Adra'Melek's merciless, Blood-God-assisted wrath. It'd be like playing chess on the rim of an active volcano.teehee.gif

Archived