Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

Yep the head is pinned in and not glued so I can move it around. The arms and torso also swivel and can be removed :)

Does this mean you're planning to dive into the world of stop motion animation with your Angels......?

Now there's an idea......! :D

Dreadnought looks fantastic Luther! Really like how you've used the transfers. Here's hoping GW will release another set again so I can pick one up.

So what's next and when will you do the next army photo?

Thanks Eggy!

What next? Good question! I've been away in India for two weeks and picked up a cold on the way back so there's been a bit of a gap in progress, but I'm starting to feel better now so will be back on it soon!

I have a whole tactical squad and assault squad with all the airbrush steps done, so just details left to do on them. Librarian Dreadnought also in progress plus a Techmarine and the awesome Captain Aphael kitbash Blindhamster made for me.

As for an army photoshoot, I'd like to 'round out' the force a little bit more, so a Sternguard and Vanguard squad and a couple more tanks. I also need to do a second Sanguinary Guard squad so I can field the Golden Host formation!

So yeah, lots in the pipeline :biggrin.:

Thanks Draconis!

To be honest I've experimented with a few methods for black on my Death Company. I think the one you mean using Vallejo Model Color paints drybrushed, but more recently I do use Vallejo Model Air through my airbrush. For example the one below was primed black, sprayed Vallejo Model Air 'US Grey' from above, Nuln Oil wash and then edge highlights with Vallejo Model Color Medium Sea Grey:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Blood-Angels-Death-Company-Marine-01-750x750.jpg

My word, you Blood Angels are always so full of win! Sicaran, Deredeo, Fragioso, the scouts, even that humble DC brother; amazing work all :thumbsup::tu::thumbsup:

One day, it would be extremely cool to see Luther's BA along side your Flesh Eaters (both are full of win! :happy.: )

Edited by Aquilanus

To be fair, I bet yours look absolutely immense on their tables! I have only been once, and that was to a doubles weekend. Good times indeed! I do plan on going to a ToS later this year hopefully real life dependant, though I think I am going to be taking my Black Legion this year - I am currently painting to a themed list which I will be able to adjust to the required points cost :)

I have to say though Luther, you have a sure fire Best Painted army right here if you ever attend a Throne of Skulls. It's beautiful :tu:

Been working on my second Sanguinary Guard squad tonight. Here's three I've Blu-Tack'd together to show where I'm going with them. Only realised tonight I don't have any MKIV jump packs left so it's off to eBay I go...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-01.jpg